Oh the Possibilities

Showtime

Jul 4, 2006
Northern Virginia
I've been a long time coin/bottle collector, relic seeker, but never a MDer. That said I have a reason to get started. I know of a old vacation spot for Philadelphia and Washington DC people seaking relaxation. It was originally built in the 1840, burned and rebuilt in the 1890's and still operating today. The current building is only about 1/2 the size of the original, there is a large lawn out front with at least one documented dual in 1849, another acre or so of the original lawn has been overtaken by the forest again as well. In addition there is a old stagecoach road and stage coach stop (that is now a occupied house). I'm sure there are great bits and pieces scattered around. Getting permission is not a problem I know all the owners very well. The problem is I don't have a detector and even if I did the task is so big I wouldn't know where to start. Oh and did I mention that the resort is about to be sold as the current owner (who I am friends with) wants to retire, thus the inception for this desire to see if I can find anything.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated!

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing you will soon get some responses from folks in that area who would be willing to come hunt with you and loan you a detector (and show you how to use it) for the chance to join you on your hunt :) Stay tuned and I'll bet the offers will start coming in!

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
How right you are cubanfan!

showtime, I recently bought two used Quattros and am really interested in trying them out. I don't know where you are in Northern Virginia, but I can get there fairly quickly. It's about 11:30 PM, my time. Would you like to start hunting around two or two thirty?

Jim Johnson

grizzly bare

Research_Find

Jul 13, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland
Detector(s) used
AQUAVISION underwater metal detector
Wow Sounds like a Sweet opportunity Showtime. Would love to come and help you out, Have a lot of time on my hands right now and I am just North of you in Maryland. I Just Pick up a new Bounty Hunter to do some land base hunting, In the past I primarily MD under water with a Fisher M-Scope But it's about 17 years old. Ready and willing to help out Just Let me know.
Good Luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread