NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My uncle's family is from Mountain View. There is a story about two brothers who lived somewhere up on the mountain, who were both veterans apparently, and both a bit off. Supposedly they had money hidden all over their property, never went to town, had all their groceries delivered by the mailman who would then pick up the cash on his way back down the road. I heard about them from my uncle back in the 80's when we used to deer hunt there on his families land.

On my uncles land there was a log cabin foundation I was told pre-dated the civil war, and there is a cave which had graffiti carved in the walls dating to the early 1800's. The cave is a hard climb down the edge of a nearly vertical bluff though. I'm told that locals hid from Confederate "recruiters" there. My uncles family name is Perry. I'm not sure if any of them are still around, his grandfather had just turned 97 when I was last there 23 years ago, and still lived in a house with no running water or electricity, though his aunt was right next door with both.

There's a lot of history up on that mountain waiting to be found, and in the town itself for that matter. I remember the main street being just beautifully preserved. Anyway, hope this helps, you might talk to the locals and maybe get some starting points. Just remember there's still a lot of mountain folk out there so be sure you get permission to be wherever you are!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions