Dead Mans Cave - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Dead Mans Cave

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2015
    Monte Vista, CO
    58 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by treasure_hunter_2004 View Post
    my buddy and myself were out there last week looking for this, had no luck as of yet. managed to find 6 caves in one canyon
    I didn't know this thread got resurrected a few months ago.

TreasureHunter2004, where did you find the six caves? In which canyon? I've uploaded a map with some notations on it. Did you find them in one of the canyons circled in red and numbered?

The solid black line is the path I hiked up Deadman's Creek last fall. The black circle is where there are about six dilapidated log cabins, which is a good landmark for anybody hiking this path. I couldn't tell where the main creek splits off, so I accidentally missed the turn and kept heading up the draw, which is where the black line ends. I didn't see a single cave anywhere.

The red circles are where I expect this cave of lore to possibly be. The story says that they hunkered down in a canyon when a storm blew in and this is where they saw the cave. I suspect one of those little draws I circled would be a good place to get out of the wind but still have enough visibility to see a small opening in the rocks.

Nothing was mentioned about Deadman's Lakes, so perhaps the draw where they are could be eliminated. Who knows for sure, though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sangre_map_draw.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	603.3 KB 
ID:	1325131

us
    May 2014
    Tesoro Compadre
    117 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    as a matter of fact we did indeed hike up deadmans creek. when we went there was still snow on the ground in march, and while hiking this canyon most of the caves we came across were on the right side of the canyon and one must climb somewhat to see them as you wont if standing in the bottom of the canyon. The 3 caves on the right side had numbers on them which look spray painted, I have pics somewhere on my phone that I can share if you would like to see. I believe if my memory is correct we found 3 caves on the right side and 3 on the left side further down the canyon. We did not hike as far as to see any of the log cabins, but If asking my opinion I would not base fact on this cave being in that area. I plan on going back in early August by myself to search a different area. Do you live in the area Elliot? if you do message me and I will share some info with you.

Happy hunting and stay safe everyone
    Last edited by treasure_hunter_2004; Jul 12, 2016 at 04:20 AM.

us
    May 2014
    Tesoro Compadre
    117 times
    Attachment 1335699
    Attachment 1335700
    Attachment 1335701

all are on right side in deadmans creek.

us
    May 2014
    Tesoro Compadre
    117 times
    Went and hiked area today, found it
    DiggerGal likes this.

us
    DiggerGal

Oct 2013
    California
    Garrett AT Pro
    505 times
    Went and hiked area today, found it
    Congratulations! I hope your hard work and your journey are well rewarded. Safe travels.
    Wonderful items lie in the History Beneath us.....

us
    May 2014
    Tesoro Compadre
    117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerGal View Post
    Congratulations! I hope your hard work and your journey are well rewarded. Safe travels.
    thank you

Jun 2017
    8 times
    thank you
    @treasure_hunter_2004: A friend and I were talking about heading up to this area at the end of the summer. Did you have any further luck on your quest?
    davin likes this.

goldseeker

Sep 2017
    China. Spend my summers in the Colorado rockies looking for lost gold and treasure.
    2 times
    So you found Deadman's cave?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links