Denver Colorado Empty Lake Diggins!

arapahoscout

Sep 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I went there and got treated like crap by a group of people already there just for making small talk, so I am not going back. So, since they were jerks I will post this location for the public to enjoy! Should not be rude to fellow metal detectorists on public land or this is what happens! I personally found 2 gold rings, a couple of denver tramway tokens, 2 turn of the century golf balls and many other trinkets of little value, but it has gotten too cold for me to care and I have my own property to hunt anyway.

At I-70 and Sheridan in Denver, Colorado, ~1 block south and east of the junction is Berkeley Lake, this lake has been used for the last 120+ years as a recreational lake. It is currently drained and people have been finding coins back to the late 1800s, many many gold rings, old and modern guns, Pocket watches old glass bottles and many other great treasures. The lake is drained for maintainance and will not be refilled until mid to late 2012. Alot has been sifted and sorted, but people are even finding rings and coins in the mounds that others have left behind. Most are digging down around 10 inches to the black sand then then finding the best stuff from there down. The Denver Police have been asked and they do not care if you go MDing there as long as you stay out of the way of the construction equiptment. Enjoy!

GE Coordinates - 39°46'58.63"N 105° 2'53.43"W

Notice the old boat dock pilings that are just under the surface? Those were taken out in the 50s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread