Nazi $$$$$ Stash in Arizona? True tale or one for the campfires?

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Greetings,
I only recently heard of a supposed Nazi stash of loot buried somewhere in Arizona in WW2 - I was not able to find any info on this. ??? Is this a good lead to pursue or one of those tall tales? I would appreciate any information you can share. I know there were German POWs held in camps in Arizona in WW2, but this story of several millions in cash secretly buried somewhere in AZ is new to me and didn't sound like a true story. :-\ Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Hey whitegold,

I have read this story also.I believe it was in one of Thomas Terry's books.
Supposedly the money was to be used by German agents operating here in the States. The only location info i remember is it was outside of Chloride.
Real or not ? Hmmmmmmm......

Mike in SC

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whether true or not, I'm not sure.

I was once told there are alot of Nazi Caches throughout the U.S.

and the thing to look for is

the initials

E.R.R.

or the numbers 5, 16, 16 in order

these supposedly can be in any form, but would be in that order.

why I'm not sure.

and if the numbers (E.R.R.) go with the letters why not 5, 18, 18 ?
and if the numbers (5, 16, 16) are correct, why not E.P.P. for the Letters ? or are the numbers not the letters position in the alphabet ?

was it a mis-quote ?

these could be carved on a rock,

or a building or sidwalk in front of a building.
they could say something like

E.R.R. 5-16-16 and look like a persons initials drawn in cement
with a date.

Etc.

Take it for what it's worth, and while your researching or
scoping out the area. if they show up in any form, but in
that order

Numbers or Letters or both together, consider it true and check.

SORRY, I don't know the Significance of E.R.R. to Nazi's in America.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
For those who doubt that the nazis planted caches in the US read up on the Camp Nordland discoveries. Multiple thousands of dollars in world currencies. Hard money caches are suspected but not yet reported. exanimo, ss

S

stefen

It always seems that in all treasure stories the only person that knows where something of value has been buried is either dead or has died mysteruously.

The stories should begin with 'Once upon a time...

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
from terrys treasure atlas # 1, page 56, lead # 532d, nazi war regime is said to have cached millions of dollars in war treasure in an area between yuma and lukeville in yuma county arizona...a similar cache recovered in lima peru in late 70s or early 80s would tend to lend credence............gldhntr

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
It always seems that in all treasure stories the only person that knows where something of value has been buried is either dead or has died mysteruously.

and it always seems there is someone who will Dismiss the story
as Fake, even though their proof it's fake is even less then the
possability of it being true.

After all the Story came from somewhere long before someone
said it's fake ;)

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Daryl Friesen said:
Hey,

If the lue map is true why did Karl Von Mueller release the map to the public and where did he get it from?

Daryl
Spindle
www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen/luemap.html

If I remember correctly the first printed reference to the LUE treasure was in a book copyrighted 1907. That would be 27 years before Herr Schickelgruber put in an appearance in the Beer Hall Putsch. that book is readily available for around $50. It used to be nearly priceless until karl von Mueller reprinted the pertinent chapters in a book called the treasure of the valley of secrets by deek gladson the original was called the scarlet shadow by walter hurt> investigations into to this turned up the lue map> i don"t recall where he said he got it but he said where he got it in the article that accompanied the lue map in the national prospectors gazette> exanimo< ss

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Thank you all for the interesting info and suggested places to look for more info! I guess I will have to do some more 'diggin' into this tale.

The book on the Lue treasure being published in 1907 blows away my OTHER theory as to where this tale might have originated - WWI. Imperial Germany DID make secret attempts to get Mexico to declare war on the USA to detract US forces from Europe, and money as well as agents and some weapons did get smuggled to Old Mexico for the purpose. That was my guess as to where the "Nazi" loot might have originated, not from Ole Paperhanger and his boys.

Anyway it seems I have more legwork to do, thank you all very much!
Oroblanco

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Hey,

So if the Nazis never created the Lue map then I would say that is Spanish in origin.

I also here that the Lue caches are all found along the same 105 12.5 Longitude. Also there is a book called THE SPANISH TRAIL OF GOLD Robert Burch 1920 that is supposed to be about the Lue. There is still much research to be done on the LUE. I wonder how many cacheds there are and how many have been recovered? OF course the ones that have been found you will never know by who because they are wise and know that loss lips sink ships.
The search goes on...

The Seeker
www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen/helicopterpics.htm

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Hello Gang,

We know that the Nazi's stashed wealth all over Germany and some of these have been recovered. It would have made sense for them to stash some here in the States.

I am going to assume all treasure tales are true until i find evidence to the contrary. ;D

Good Luck,

Mike in SC

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Nazi $$$ Stash in Arizona? True tale or one for the campfires?

SWR said:
No, it would not have made sense for Germany to stash 100 tons of Gold here in the USA and only one person know the location of it. Myth busted (see how easy that was)

HH, Jim

A agree, it would not have been just one person Knowing about it.

and if it was, How could you have a Location ?
he would have to have told someone, in order for
the tale to continue beyond him.

Besides one Person Dosn't move 100 tons of Gold

However, I am sure some people in the Nazi party knew they were going to loose the war.
And may have stashed treasures here in some unknown plan.

and I'm also sure there were some, who thought they would win.
and may have considered stashes here, in advance of the takeover.

Either way.
If you don't believe in Treasures, how can you consider yourself in the right hobby ?

and does any of this prove there isn't 100 tons of gold ?
or does it just prove part of the story isn't right ?

I fall into the catagory of not believing in all treasures also.
Beal, Oak Island.. Both impossable in my opinion.
so... I'll never give them the time.

I just wonder how many thought the DeBraak was a fantasy.

My point, you need to believe, before you can do proper research.

and Personally, I'm 50/50 on my belief in Nazi Stashes in the U.S.

I don't remember where I read it. But there was said to be one in a Junk Yard somewhere in N.Y.
The Engines in the Vehicles are all said to be made from Solid Gold.
Made in Germany, Shipped here, And placed in an area that is now
(1970's I read this) Grown into woods.
(I hope I quoted this correctly from Memory)

the problem I have with this, is What would an Engine Block Made of Gold Weigh, & would the Tires hold it Up ?
and being Soft Metal, would it even Run ?
but, Since they were all supposed to have been Placed in a Spot to look like a Junk yard, maby they wern't Driven more then was needed
to transfer them there.

Yep, just me and my open mind working overtime again :P

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
from swr...'' See Reply #4'' i saw reply four.....i also have contacted thomas terry on many occasions to see where certain leads in his book came from...every time he gave me the source info, along with isbn {if applicable}, copy #, page #, and any thing else he had...your post seems to hint towards terry making up the story to sell his book...the story might have been made up, but i seriously doubt terry doing so...i posted the lead out of the book as it was mentioned here, as being outside of chloride or somewhere....so i thought i would post it as it was in case oro decided to go looking and didn't have the correct info..........sorry if i made you :'(

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Daryl Friesen said:
Hey,

So if the Nazis never created the Lue map then I would say that is Spanish in origin.

I also here that the Lue caches are all found along the same 105 12.5 Longitude. Also there is a book called THE SPANISH TRAIL OF GOLD Robert Burch 1920 that is supposed to be about the Lue. There is still much research to be done on the LUE. I wonder how many cacheds there are and how many have been recovered? OF course the ones that have been found you will never know by who because they are wise and know that loss lips sink ships.
The search goes on...

The Seeker
www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen/helicopterpics.htm
I had forgotten about Burch and his self-punlished 1935 book. KvM listed it in Journals of eldorado and stated that it included one of the earliest publications of the actual LUE map. Nazis took over germany in the 1933 or 1934 elections which Adolph won. At that point he spent all their money on armaments and thought he could lick the world. Not too likely that he had anything to do with it being buried. What is possible is that he captured data that told where it was located somewhere in Europe and that he sent nazis to go get it. He was always tearing out after things like the spear that poked Jesus and the ark of the covenant. Some folks think he found some of them in africa and the middle east. Where they ended up is the subject of many theories. exanimo, ss

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Hello again,
Gosh where did the loot become 100 tons of gold? That is not what I had heard, in fact what I heard was that it was bundles of paper cash, in the region of several million dollars. Then I see that if the Lue treasure was not Nazi, then it must be Spaniards? Why? What ties this in with Spaniards? Whew this is really confusing - I kind of doubt a stash of 100 tons of gold, and fail to see why it has to be Spaniards involved - remember Imperial Germany did really try to get Mexico to attack the US, and France experimented in Mexico too (about the same time as our Civil War) even had French troops and French money to back their installed Emperor, Maximilian I. So it is not that far of a stretch that some European countries might well have hidden caches of money in the southwest US to further their political aims, and not necessarily the Spanish.

That is a heck of a lot of gold, 100 tons! This would have been tough to sneak in. We know that a mysterious amount of gold disappeared from Nazi Germany at the end of WW2 and the gold reserves of some South American countries mysteriously increased - Argentina had 313.83 metric tons in 1940 and increased to 1064 tons in 1945; Brazil had 45 metric tons in 1940 and somehow increased to 314 tons in 1945. Clearly some of that Nazi gold was making its way to the Americas, but did any make it to the southwest USA? 100 tons of it? That is more gold than many countries own, and would not exactly fit in a suitcase!

This is an intriguing treasure, and perhaps there really is something buried out there? Thank you all for the interesting posts! ;D
Oroblanco

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Folks confuse the stories. The book 100 Tons of Gold by David Chandler is not listed in Journals of Eldorado. It was about the loot stolen by the government from Victorio Peak, NM after being found and claimed by Doc Noss and his widow. Chandler is going to or already has reissued and updated the story. To the best of my knowledge all recovered LUE treasure has been bullion. Don't recall hearing about any paper money being recovered and connected to the LUE. There were french miners in the Treasure Mountain area of Montana and all over Canada so they could be involved in colorado. Folks ascribe many treasures to Spaniards especially the bullion ones because the spaniards and later mexicans did so much mining. exanimo, ss

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Thank you for the info. It seems that stories of lost treasures often get cross-wired! This leads to a lot of confusion to say the least.

Now I have found yet another version of this Nazi loot, quote''

The Nazi Germany war regime is said to have cached upwards of $300 million in the area of Chloride.
" End quote
(from http://www.losttreasureusa.com/StateTreasures/StateTreasuresARIZONA.htm
Wow! Now I have to wonder if this version is not speaking in terms of what it might be worth today, rather than a stash that was that large to begin with? That seems logical... ???
Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions