Full Set of B29 Bomber Tools?

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
Anyone have an idea what a full set of B29 Bomber tools would be worth? They are all still hidden. I have no idea what is there. Except, there is specialized test equipment, 3/4" drill motors, sockets are big as you head, with huge ratchet handles, and whatever a B29 Bomber would need for maintenance. I'm assuming that the low end value might be at least, $2000? Maybe $5000? $10,000? Have an idea, maybe on an extreme low end? Historical military memorabilia! Seems like if anyone from the Antiques Road Show see this, they might have a clue? Anyone know any of those guys? I can't get ANYONE to give me ANY type of cost value. Being that they are so old, and not knowing what is there. What they are! But someone out there MUST know the kind of tools, and all the type of equipment needed to keep one of them flying? Anyone that sees this, please ask some people you might know. It's a real mystery. If they are recovered, the reward might be worth your asking. I won't take the information lightly, if they are very valuable. It has to be COST JUSTIFIED to recover of course. I'm a giving type person. I'm not taking anything with me to meet my Lord!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing I would/could suggest, is 1. What condition would they be in, aka, like buried in the ground unprotected, rusted, corrosion, etc. 2. There are hardly any B-29's in flying condition that are still flying, (maybe 1 or 2). The rest are either static dispaly, or a couple under restoration maybe.

I would check with the Conferate Air Force being they have 1 that is the only airworthy one flying. They may be able to give you better insight of what they are worth and who may/would be interested in buying them.

My father was into HAM radios and amonst his collection he has 2 complete radio outifts for 2 B-29s. 1 was working, (just been sitting in a room) the other was not working when he got them back in the days. Of course he passed away in 2000 and all his radio equipment is under the hands, (not legally and mostly complicated to retreieve), of disgruntled family member who thinks he owns everything!!! My mother has the power to do the ownership of who owns it and other stuff that belonged to my father and the rest of the family, but she doesn't want to "cause any problems" as she puts it! So the rest of us are screwed on getting what legally belongs to the rest of us family members!

OP
OP
detectit

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
The man, was there, who helped bury them, has died. I checked it with a Garrett Twin-Box. Right where he said they would be! The signal disappeared after switching to an old Master Hunter I had. Still got some signal with the 12" coil on it. He said they would be as nice as the day they were placed in the ground tarped and Cosmolined. *** Thanks for the help buddy. Hope your family ordeal gets straighten out. Demons start flappin' their little leathery wings when people die. Money, and greed comes into action. NO ONE IS TAKING A DIME WITH THEM TO THE JUDGEMENT THAT "IS" GOING TO FOLLOW THE SLEEP, GOD HAS ALL OF THOSE RIGHT NOW! Sorry for your loss friend. Bob

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am not mistaken maybe it was you or someone else. But somewhere on T-net someone else inquired about some buried tools and suck, but I don't know if it was for a B29 or B25.

You are right about that, evereyone goes before judgement day that is for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread