jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
?EXCERPT from 1997 Newspaper. : BLAIRSTOWN, N.J. the SIGN welcoming people to "CAMP CRYSTAL LAKE" now hangs in the trading post of Camp NO-BE-BO-SCO, the cabins used in the film "FRIDAY THE 13th." are still there. in particular the "VAN DUSEN LODGE" the cabin where characters played "strip monopoly."? it's currently vacent and not used for camping this summer. of course the lake featured in the movie also exists. Remember the last scene in the movie ? in that scene the survivor, "ALICE" (Adrienne King), has her canoe tipped over in the lake by "Jason" (Ari Lehman). the silver 3 man canoe - no. 9 - is also still there. and when Visitors drive through Blairstown, they can see Main Street and the Blarestown Diner, where scenes were also shot. One of the Counslers caught something Unusual while fishing. he went in and tugged on his lure and there was the sign. Yellow with the words "WELCOME TO CAMP CRYSTAL LAKE"? ..... anyone up for a MAY, 13 (FRIDAY) hunt , if it's allowed ? actually, the place is used to late summer, but has anyone ever searched it yet ?

http://www.doubleknot.com/openrosters/ViewOrgPageLink.asp?LinkKey=2598&orgkey=954

AlphaQuest

Jan 3, 2005
Western New York
No, but I searched a Lake in NY called Crystal Lake, it has a boyscout camp on it, Scouthaven.
In the early eighties they had detectors on the grounds that boyscouts could use.
I found so many nice things. . . well here I am still searching.

AQ

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey
theres a crystal lake here in illinois town and lake one an the same. hey lowbatts, you can be jason ill be? any one who doesnt get wacked with an axe! ;D dekalb33

sweve54

Jan 15, 2005
illinois
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Crystal Lake,IL has some interesting finds but mostly on the lake bottom. There was at the turn of the century a massive Ice warehouse on the southeast corner of the lake. Ice was shipped to Chicago. A lot of ice cutting tools and other little things can still be found around the banks sometimes.

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
it was a scout camp way back also used to go there in my youth about ???????????????????????????? years ago dont know if its still owned by them could be a good spot especially arond the lean toos and site of the council fire its where I became a 1st class scout and was in the order of the arrow (elite) also had a open air church there could be good sites I can remember having money with me when i went so ooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
yea the refinerys are all around there in Elizabeth
I can remember on the tpk when i had my vette the st police had GTO's when they first came out (unmarked) and would try to get u to drag race when u did they held back and would red light ya about a year later it was declared entrapment

I moved back here about 8 years ago sheeeesh live in jerkey city NJ damnn criminals have better guns then the cops

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF I can obtain Permission Via EMail by Spring,
I think it should be a good spot.

Between the Scouts, Movie Crews, & Tourists there must be lost items.

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
I'm in for a good hunt with the pros. I am just getting started with this metal detecting. Been looking into hunting but just got my first one this month. Hope you wont mind a beginner.

PS love the spell check thing I am a horrible speller

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll let you know.

I won't Check for permission Till it gets Closer to warm weather.

Don't want to give them time to change their mind.

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
like I said to jeff in PM anyone thinking of going there use upmost caution they use the area for hunting and jersey hunters are crazzzzzzzzy so I wouldn't they dont take too kindly to people walking around it's why I only hunt (gun ) on private land not public been shot at a few (INCOMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
sorry I am one of them. no just kidding I hit where I aim and it is brown and has horns. I know about crazzzy people they are in WV where I am from they shot to kill and there not just trying to scare you. I wouldn't t want to go now anyway That would be nuts.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
I use to live in Crystal Lake, IL. You are correct, about the ice and so forth, there are also train cars in the bottom of the lake.

If I still lived there, I would hunt the old mansion about a mile or two from the lake. Near South Elementary School. (there used to be a large fair at the mansion every summer, too)

Attachments

• mansion in crystal lake.jpg
    mansion in crystal lake.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,743

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions