TURN YOUR iPHONE INTO A METAL DETECTOR!!!?

Dec 11, 2012
France
Detector(s) used
iPhone 4
Primary Interest:
Other
QUERCUS CIRCUS is a 'real world' treasure hunt based iPhone app. five short films are embedded in the app. containing audio and visual clues to the location of a £10,000 18ct GOLDEN ACORN which was buried somewhere in the UK on 1st August 2011. The acorn was commissioned by artist & film-maker FMd. Designed and created by London based Aradesian jewellery.

This may not be the usual sort of treasure hunting visitors to this site normally pursue. However the treasure is out there somewhere, and someones gonna find it, why not you?

Press review 23.02.12
"The idea of a real-life treasure hunt is certainly an innovative concept that promises to be a unique experience, and certainly like no app I have ever experienced before"

For more information about the project: http://www.quercuscircus.com

Or go to the app. store: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/quer...498344232?mt=8

Coincidences do not exist, buried treasure does...

Last edited:

magic alex

Dec 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I downloaded the app Quercus Circus yesterday, I love it, amazing! How the hell did you come up with such a far out idea? What posessed you to bury a £10k lump of gold anyway - you must be mad! Any way, i'm busy trying to work out the clues, love the films, particulaly 'Your Glass Onion' the cinemaphotography reminds me of the Jesse James film with Brad pit in. Nice one mate, could you give me any tips????? ;-0

Dec 15, 2012
Reading
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, well I'd travel to China for a $16,000 piece of treasure!!!! Seriously though QC, LOVE THE APP, wife not to happy though as she puts up with my treasure hunting at the weekends, but now I can sit at home or in the office trying to figure out all the clues on my iPhone GREAT. It kind of reminds me of that book from the 70's or 80's called Masquerade. Any connection?

OP
OP
Q
Dec 11, 2012
France
Detector(s) used
iPhone 4
Primary Interest:
Other
Bonjour M.A.
Thank you for your post, I'm very pleased you're enjoying the Quercus Circus app. The concept was born out of my own desire to be immersed in a real world treasure hunt, nobody else had done anything like this before and reading the likes of the Da Vinci code, spurred me on to investigate the subject of coincidences and how coincidences really aren't coincidences at all. If you dig deep enough beyond the obvious, most historical treasure hunts, myths, legends including the King Arthur's quest for the holy grail are wrapped in so called coincidences. Tune into to these and begin to trace a line and your fast tracked to finding treasure.

I can't give any tips as such i'm affraid, however remember when you're studying the films to tune into what is beyond the obvious and you'll go a long way :-) Good luck :-)

P.s. The Quercus Circus Facebook page is now getting weekly 'Looking Glass' updates, which will give more of an insight into the the myth the enigma and the riddle of what is Quercus Circus.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q
Dec 11, 2012
France
Detector(s) used
iPhone 4
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi GAOldsman,
Apologies, I would of responded sooner but missed your post. One suggestion which a lot of overseas users rely on with regards to the geographical location of the Quercus Circus Golden Acorn, and that is networking with UK based hunters. It's a social world out there which is partly something Quercus Circus is trying to promote. Anyway, I hope this gives you some inspiration.

Have a good Christmas and we'll catch up on the other side.

Regards FMd.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread