any help with west tennessee...

wormnblack

Jan 8, 2007
Dyersburg, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I'm doing a bit of research on this topic, but haven't gotten far into it yet. I just recieved my Ace 250 a few days ago. I used to hunt with a Bounty Hunter Pioneer; backup machine now. Anyways, I was curious if anyone knew of any Civil War squirmishes and/or possible camp sites in the West Tennessee area. I have found four forts, but I don't know as of yet if there huntable. If anyone is willing to share some info, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,

Wormnblack

R

redneckinwayz

The Civil War was rampant in parts of Western Tennessee...

Parker's Crossroads is prominent. there are plenty of closed establishments around the area.

Skirmish's went from Lexington towards Parsons.

Heck them Yankees even got off a paddle boat and captured Linden.

I hope this gives ya a few ideas.

Where ya located ?

kldrawdy

Jun 15, 2006
Arlington, TN
Hey wormnblack,

I'm in Arlington, just outside of Memphis, I know a couple of spots I've researched, if you're interested in a hunting buddy.

kldrawdy

tnredneck

Dec 11, 2006
Paris, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
hey wormnblack,

Fort hymen is huntable. It is private property now but i think you can still get permission to hunt it. It is located on the tennesse river just north of Paris landing. I haven't been there or hunted but i have talked to a lot of others who have hunted it and been there. I'm sure you can get the location pretty easy. Anyway it would be worth a try.

good luck, tnredneck

OP
OP
wormnblack

wormnblack

Jan 8, 2007
Dyersburg, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
that's too cool! thanks for the info! I have an uncle who lives in Paris. I'm sure he may know a little someting about it. I'll ask and see what he knows. I know Fort Donelson is around there, and between there and Fort Henry? got alot of action...even if it was for a short period. I don't see why Fort Hymen would be any different. Surely there has to be something to find. I have learned NEVER to give up on a site. Even if it is a city park. If I learn anything, I'll try to let you know. Thanks again, man!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread