Thomas Tew leads?????

I

ingrid

Hello my dears,
Its been a while since ive been on treasurenet, and you guys have made some great new discoveries!!! I have been studying up on the pirate, Captain Thomas Tew. He was a resident of Newport RI and his estate still remains in town somewhere. Infact one of the very few treasure chests ever found was in his cellar! Newport, RI was notorious for being a pirate friendly town back in the day, and had guest appearences from captain Kidd to Blackbeard himself! Anyone who has ever visited my little home town would tell you, ya cant go into a store down town without being overcome with pirate merchandise. Anyway...I just wanted to know if anyone could feed me some info on Newport or Captain Tew. I am working full time and an Archaeology student as well, so i havent much time to explore my own town. boohoo.
So thanks for any help you can give!
-ingrid

alex becroft

Aug 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ingrid, the tew hord was found in 1968 it is 28.6 LBS. OF SMELTED GOLD MOHUR COINS THAT WAS FUSED BY LIGHTNING. and lets just say its in good hands right now!! Your humble servant newport jack.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread