apache gold in new mexico

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
north of El Paso Texas before you reach Alamogordo in Negro ED Canyon in Sacramento Mts there are paintings done in black an white showing attack on pack train.Man on horse with what appears to be a shirt of mail also a mountain lion standing with his head facing east looking over his right shoulder. His eyes are painted so you can see where he is looking.The legend told to my great aunt Elsie adopted into the Mescalero Apache tribe.My family followed the directions in the legend an found the paintings.The directions are as follows.In Negro Ed canyon on the side of canyon above talus slide is a ledge running to the head of the canyon,following it you come to a place where there is a small tunnel that you can only go through on your knees there is well eroded in the canyon bottom about eighteen feet across. The paintings are half mile up canyon [above cliff in bottom of canyon]on left side cat looking across to the right side.BE CAREFUL OF SNAKES AN PEYOTE CACTUS .Negro ED is between Ellis Wright and Bug Scuffle Canyon..close by the Langford Trail as shown on Delorme maps.This one of those storys that I have not been able to find it anywhere in written records,yet when I was there the first time with my Dad the things told in the story lead us right to the drawings.It is not a place you would just happen to come upon.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Blackfoot:
Before taking off, this year,
I am going to see how the weather is !
If it follows normal SOP!, it should be warm and dry ?
I Hope ! ::)
Are you aware of a large, hidden cavern in "Dog" ?
As to, How long I can stay, ???
As I am into TH'ing/Prospecting Full Time ...
I have no set schedule(s) ..
I really am looking at a very long trip, this year !
Long ? = 'bout 12 mos! :o
It's too bad that this isn't nearer to Arizona !
There I have TWO! Pilots/planes available!
My brother and a friend !

OP
OP
B

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
The only thing I know about Dog Canyon is where Oliver Lee AN Frenchy got their water.I hope it is dry then , because the roads in there get really sloppy in the rainy season.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
BLACKFOOT said:
The only thing I know about Dog Canyon is where Oliver Lee AN Frenchy got their water.I hope it is dry then , because the roads in there get really sloppy in the rainy season.
[ if you need any more added to your team I am up for a trip any time. Buck

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Blackfoot:
I, meant to ask you, this, earlier !
Are you a member of the Cherokee Nation ?
I have a friend who is.
Her Name is "Lynn Cleveland"
She has two, or, is it Three grown sons!
She is now living down here in So. Texas!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Blackfoot !
Thanks! ;)
I got your email...&, I "fired" off a reply this morning!

SAY! BUCK! 8)
Do/did you want to make this trip ?

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
cptbil said:
Blackfoot !
Thanks! ;)
I got your email...&, I "fired" off a reply this morning!

SAY! BUCK! 8)
Do/did you want to make this trip ?
yes I would like to go

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
BLACKFOOT said:
It is fine with me if Buck comes with us, maybe he will be able to help out with the other deal.
Yea I want to go still waiting the call from bill ??? ??? ??? Buck well Cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
BUCK!
I meant to call you yesterday, but, my laptop is "down" and it has your phone Number ..
Would you send it to me ?
Thanks,

Attachments

• Drill Set up.jpg
    Drill Set up.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 825
  • Drill Set up.jpg
    Drill Set up.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 762

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
cptbil said:
BUCK!
I meant to call you yesterday, but, my laptop is "down" and it has your phone Number ..
Would you send it to me ?
Thanks,
just sent it via e-mail

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
BLACKFOOT said:
It is fine with me if Buck comes with us, maybe he will be able to help out with the other deal.
I can help with any thing just give me a two week notice Buck

racerx

Mar 21, 2007
Im down in El Paso Texas and would love to tag along since im new to this! i could go any weekend and meet you guys somewhere or something. if you don't mind send me an email or something like that!

Andrew

OP
OP
B

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
i think as it stands andrew is too new with no background that i can base a informed decision on. in other words he is unknown so i reckon i will have to say no.Maybe after he hooks up with some of the divers that were in his day old profile i can reasses my thoughts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread