Not open for further replies.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
"Let me rephrase. Why would someone invest in your venture to find an alleged old Spanish gold mine when there are thousands here: Search the Mineral Resources Data System Now you know where there are thousands of old gold mines. A large majority still have recoverable gold due to the primitive methods used. "

But, I would have no interest in tellurides, however I have a friend who is.
I would be interested in anyone willing to put in the time, IF they found the information valid. I would not in good conscience expect anyone to go after something they were not themselves sure of.

Vol, I forgot, in departing the Ancient Alien muttered something like "Live long and prosper, Na noo Na Noo" and did something strange with his 4 fingers forming a V.

Who is talking about tellurides? Certainly not me. Search the Mineral Resources Data System Shows all kinds of mines. Placer gold, open pits, hard rock, ect all containing gold in the form of gold. They also show tellurides for those that are interested but you have to click a telluride instead of clicking gold.

Your telluride statement is another example of seeing what you want to see instead of correctly comprehending what you read.

OP
OP
Q

Quigley

Oct 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"A mining claim allows you the exclusive right to the minerals not to any treasures or artifacts."

Yes of course, understood but the question was for the purpose of bringing out another question, when does a mineral become an artifact? An opinion is fine but I would definitely like to read the intent language on this. I thought sure you would say, leave the Gold and throw the slabs of silver in your ore pile. I do have an archaeologist and paleontologist I work with if an issue ever comes up. But seriously, when does mineral become an artifact?

OP
OP
Q

Quigley

Oct 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Your telluride statement is another example of seeing what you want to see instead of correctly comprehending what you read."

Not necessarily, and forgive me for my skepticism, but if there are all these gold mines, why would they not be claimed in these times of high gold prices?
Or am I missing something? If claimed, whats the point?

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
"A mining claim allows you the exclusive right to the minerals not to any treasures or artifacts."

Yes of course, understood but the question was for the purpose of bringing out another question, when does a mineral become an artifact? An opinion is fine but I would definitely like to read the intent language on this. I thought sure you would say, leave the Gold and throw the slabs of silver in your ore pile. I do have an archaeologist and paleontologist I work with if an issue ever comes up. But seriously, when does mineral become an artifact?

I give up! A mineral (gold) becomes an artifact long after it is transformed from it native form by melting and shaping into something.

OP
OP
Q

Quigley

Oct 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T f Pa is having a moment. Was there a better way to state it? If so, please correct me.

chlsbrns, how is your resources for finding information concerning pre 1900's mine in the west that used flotation or gravity separation method's?
That I would be interested in.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
"Your telluride statement is another example of seeing what you want to see instead of correctly comprehending what you read."

Not necessarily, and forgive me for my skepticism, but if there are all these gold mines, why would they not be claimed in these times of high gold prices?
Or am I missing something? If claimed, whats the point?

You are missing something. Many are on private property and owned by people who do not know there is gold on their property. Some are east of the Mississippi River where there is very little to no claimable ground & mostly on peoples private property. Believe it or not most are located on claimable ground and not claimed.

In your case, you could stumble onto a cave/hard rock mine. How would you know if it was the Spanish mine or just an old mine?

OP
OP
Q

Quigley

Oct 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I give up! A mineral (gold) becomes an artifact long after it is transformed from it native form by melting and shaping into something."

Why would you give up? Thank you for the answer, I merely put confidence in your opinion and you answered as I figured, again thank you.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
T f Pa is having a moment. Was there a better way to state it? If so, please correct me.

chlsbrns, how is your resources for finding information concerning pre 1900's mine in the west that used flotation or gravity separation method's?

They mostly all used gravity methods. Mainly a sluice. Most of the mines listed are pre 1900's. I'm not sure when they started using floatation but I think it was in the 1920's. They used oil

OP
OP
Q

Quigley

Oct 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are missing something. Many are on private property and owned by people who do not know there is gold on their property. Some are east of the Mississippi River where there is very little to no claimable ground & mostly on peoples private property. Believe it or not most are located on claimable ground and not claimed.

Thank you for clarifying that.

In your case, you could stumble onto a cave/hard rock mine. How would you know if it was the Spanish mine or just an old mine?

You wouldn't unless the prominence you had suggested it, and then it still doesn't prove the idea. Further Evidence would be needed.

If I am become a thorn in your side, just tell me, I am sorry If I have some how stirred up your dander. Understand, I am in a bad way, and I don't expect any one here to feel sorry for me, I'm a big boy and will find my way out of this problem, however I am merely exploring options and thought this would be the best place to explore it. I have seen and heard good things about this forum and told the people here are quite helpful and friendly, was I wrong? If so, I cannot ignore the fact that you have been quite helpful and I express my sincere thanks.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

Thank you for clarifying that.

You wouldn't unless the prominence you had suggested it, and then it still doesn't prove the idea. Further Evidence would be needed.

If I am become a thorn in your side, just tell me, I am sorry If I have some how stirred up your dander. Understand, I am in a bad way, and I don't expect any one here to feel sorry for me, I'm a big boy and will find my way out of this problem, however I am merely exploring options and thought this would be the best place to explore it. I have seen and heard good things about this forum and told the people here are quite helpful and friendly, was I wrong? If so, I cannot ignore the fact that you have been quite helpful and I express my sincere thanks.

You haven't stirred my dander. You want help then forget investors and help yourself. Look up old mines in your State or close to you & find out if they are claimed or on private property. If they are not claimed or are on private property go sample for gold. (with permission if private property)

Some simple home made equipment can recover a whole lot of gold fast!

OP
OP
Q

Quigley

Oct 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T f Pa, thank you for pointing out that over site, I have corrected the problem, please accept my apologies.

And again thank you chlsbrns.

rampuffpuff

Aug 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"You seem to be detached from reality and able to ignore what you do not want to see.
Federal agents do not make laws they enforce laws. What is it that you think they can do for you?
I noticed that you are listening but you are not comprehending.
Do any of your treasures involve star maps?"

Excuse me? Perhaps you are not reading correctly, I have not argued your points at all in fact have acknowledge them, and offered alternatives which you have not acknowledged and that there may be a way to proceed, if I am wrong it is a dead issue, I know this, but I know there is an exemption to every Law, and it would seem it is more problem than it is worth, so, enough said please. I will ignore your comment about Star Maps, a practice common among those who cannot provide an answer and feel threatened, why can't you apply some of that knowledge to a solution instead of finding every reason in opposition?

A federal agent can't do anything for me except express his opinion as to his understanding of the law, which I am sorry to say is always different than the actual legislative intent language, but I am not going to open that can of worms, with respect to potential projects on Public Lands, I am simply looking for a possible solution. But it would seem more feasible to pursue those sites which are not clouded with these kinds of problems, and so, can we switch the conversation to those which are not a problem? What say ye? Truce?

I know there are plenty out there who are interested in mining, and who would love to have a good lead on an old Spanish Mine, I think my information could very easily support the idea of some of these as being old Spanish Mines, perhaps some one would like to evaluate the information and make a determination as to whether it is valid or not and if so, I will do all I can to help them find it. But my hiking abilities are limited these days.

To paraphrase: "I don't see it"
Followed by: "RTT"

rampuffpuff

Aug 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well you just showed you don't have a very deep knowledge of gold recovery methods. Floatation separation as a modern , post 1900's advance in gold recovery. Previously it was gravity separation and mercury separation for old world countries and cyanide leaching, but mostly here in the US.

I don't find any credibility in your statements, and your logic completely reversed. Someone tells you where what you seek is located, and you segway off onto some strange old maps, no doubt drawn with Gpa's own hand.

Last edited:

rampuffpuff

Aug 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something AU wrote...."it's not always about what they say, sometimes it's about what they DON'T say".

rampuffpuff

Aug 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quig's first two posts which explained this thread have gone missing. Is this now a thread about nothing?

The first two posts are "history" and are being rewritten.

Anyways, there are how many threads about Spanish mines and treasure? And there are how many people claiming to have old treasure maps and charts? Hundreds if not thousands on this site alone!!!!

THIS is how Quigs executes his "I'll be back"?

Wow!

And to pre-empt any ignorance and saying "I don't see it", Quigley, you have latched onto every detail everyone says, tried to ignore sensible options and advice, but what you have scored 100% in so far is ignoring ONLY the references to your previous venture on Tnet. Why ignore ONLY those points and references?

Please do your best to answer. I would also be willing to fly out and meet you. Where is it you are operating your search from again? Do you have transportation? How did you get to Spain and Mexico to get your maps and charts? Isn't all this info you allegedly have a heavily gaurded secret? When will this information you have appear on the web?

If you are asking for a handout, be ready to answer these and hundreds more questions. A bank would want a business plan with documentation and provinence info, so it is not out of line for anyone here to ask for the same.

In any case, it won't take a year and a half to conclude business this time.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel the general "vibe" from another thread SEePing into this one. QUIglyMan please go back to the drawing board and try again. You appear to be outmatched on the subject matter laid out in your original posts.

Since you deleted your first two posts I am guessing you may have already realized that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread