where can i find more infor and picture?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start with the historical society or library.

OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
I find old towns mostly next to railroads on google earth then go metal detecting there.i would to find more infor and pictures be I go.i have in los angeles and most of my finds are in kern country.to use a library I think I would have to go to Mojave.most are close to hwy 58.sanborn,bissell,fluhr,rich,amargo,etc.it would be nice to know when it was there,how many people live here.

OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
I find old towns mostly next to railroads on google earth then go metal detecting there.i would to find more infor and pictures be I go.i have in los angeles and most of my finds are in kern country.to use a library I think I would have to go to Mojave.most are close to hwy 58.sanborn,bissell,fluhr,rich,amargo,etc.it would be nice to know when it was there,how many people live here.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kern Co. probably has 100's of old Ghost towns.Historical societies as mentioned would be helpful. Google earth,Terra serv ,etc..Maybe drive old roads alongside RR tracks. They are out there. Where there was mining activity ,of course G/L

OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
G/L ??
Kern Co. probably has 100's of old Ghost towns.Historical societies as mentioned would be helpful. Google earth,Terra serv ,etc..Maybe drive old roads alongside RR tracks. They are out there. Where there was mining activity ,of course G/L

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread