Abbotts creek (NC)

K

Kentucky Kache

It has been told since the end of the Civil War, about two Confederate soldiers that had stolen a shipment of Union Gold. As the story goes, they were being chased through what is now Davidson County, and realized that the gold was slowing them down too much and they were sure to be caught. When they got to Abbotts creek, they buried the gold in hopes that they could get away, planning to return later to retrieve it after they were safe. According to the legend, they were caught anyway, only they both died while being questioned without ever giving up the secret of where they had hidden the gold. Over the years, many have searched the banks of Abbotts creek but no one has ever been able to find the Gold bars that the soldiers buried. It could very well still be waiting there for the lucky soul that stumbles onto it's hiding place.

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was doubting it being found myself..think it would have been in alot more than oneI news paper if it were truly found!!

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they were caught & both died while being questioned without giving up the secret of where they hid the gold... where did the story come from their ghosts?

Last edited:

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea that's the one I saw..ran across this as I was looking at info on the creek that you pointed me to off of old highway 109 in davidson county.That is Abbots Creek..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread