Walla Walla Bank Robbery 1860s

mrfluffzilla

Greenie
Dec 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This story is one i saw from my local newspaper and havent been able to find anything else on it. It goes around 1860 a bank was robbed in walla walla washington and the robbers fled to spokane. They just missed the ferry called plantes ferry to cross spokane river, so they decided to bury the gold. They were caught and sent to jail. Before they died they told another inmate that they buried it near plantes ferry. It said in the 1900s somebody dug a 20 foot hole looking for it and a cow fell in and died. I havent been able to find any stories of this robbery but it does sound a lot like the walla walla train robbery. In both stories the robbers got caught trying to cross a river and buried the gold. I was just curious where to look for more information. Thank you

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to go to newspapers or legal reports from the period. Something like that would have been report in many of the papers, maybe even around the nation.

flowers

Apr 12, 2013
seattle.wa
Detector(s) used
white-mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
washington state old newspapers from 1854-1895

Washington Secretary of State - Washington History: Historical Newspapers in Washington

walla walla 1919
walla_walla-1919.jpg

wallula 1915
wallula-1915.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread