TEXMAN

Apr 11, 2007
Arlington,Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
None of those links works.

I did find the entire collection for $40 at Ebay about a week ago, and I just got them today. I perused the contents and there is a lot of info. This collection alone will keep me busy for a while.

I also found "supposedly" rare copies of old world maps at ebay, which include very old U.S. maps which has locations of every town, which are now ghost towns, and indian settlements of the old west, for the U.S. maps, as well as and another rare collection of old Civil war maps, with all locations of military posts, forts etc. I am still waiting to get those.

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Okay here is the thing. Treasure lead books like this have been out for some time. Thomas Terry has been writing since the 70's or before.

If any of these writers knew where treasure was they would be recovering it quietly. They do basic research and then write a book.

Some of the leads are good and others are just rumor, that have no basis in fact. It is up to you to figure out if they are valid leads. Some are based on pure rumor or false information.

This is where research comes in. These books are good in that they give you a place to start. They also give you ideas on who and why treasure is cached and lost. That is valuable.

Remember hundreds if not thousands of treasure hunters might have read these books over the years. So it is possible that if the treasure is real, it could have been recovered.

So by all means read the tales but verify them. Then use the why and where information and do your own research.

I like Thomas Terry's work and have enjoyed reading them over the years. It has helped me learn to research treasure leads. That is valuable.

So enjoy but validate all leads through your own research.

Good luck and read TN. There are lots of leads here.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
I'll go along with what Ericwt said.
I looked at Treasure Electronics Inc. in Tulsa this past Friday, and I believe they were priced at $169.95. I ordered mine from Ebay for about $45 plus s&h.

Just in case you decide to add these to your library, it pays to shop around.

Timberwolf

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
It is probable that a good number of people have read these books over the years, but how many own them now, or have access to them? Some are very rare and out of print. Then there is the fact that most people have day jobs and daily responsibilities that prevent them from aggressively going after these treasures. I personally know just how much time can be spent on doing research. There's also the issue of money, if you're out searching, you're not sitting at work and earning a paycheck. Chances are high that most of those treasures are still buried. There are also technical difficulties with conducting a search, some areas are so littered with buried garbage that you could spend weeks combing just one place. A regular MD will not be able to adequately sift through all that. That's more time spent on digging up crap and more of your patience running out.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Terry's set and have spent many hours locating the "legends" only to find out that they had been recovered or never existed but in someones imagination. I use a very expensive Element Detector, there are very few of them around and if the treasures would have been there it would have found them. Now, does this mean i quit using them (Terry's stuff)? No way! ha ha! I read about a possability then check it out usually via newspaper or library. Then I sort them out, the good ones I check on, the others I put out of my mind for now. Have I found anything? Well, lets just say I'm still looking for the big one! I am available if you have a lead and need my services to help locate and recover a cache...very reasonable depending on the amount of research you've done and how big the search area is...only takes about 1 hour to do 20 acres of level ground.

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
What is an "element detector"?

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the links.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An element detector will locate any element its programed to find. I only have a few but gold and silver are two of them(it costs additional for each element as a lot of logarithms are needed to be written to make each program for each element). It will only locate the element you have it set for, so it doesn't matter if you were in a scrap yard, you only locate what you have it set for. There are not many of these around. Very expensive (but then I am a teacher). I can collapse the time frames needed to hunt an area...great distance and depth! Cover 40 acres in an hour or two depending on terrain.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
A quick Google search did not bring up anything that sounded like your "element detector".
Could you give us a little more information on this device?
Who makes this unit, and what does it look like?

Our club once owned a device made by Thomas?, that was supposed to detect gold and silver at great distances.
We were unable to locate anything of value that we did not "plant". :(

TW

metalmolly

Nov 5, 2008
I don't that the U.S. Treasure Atlas will give me any good treasure leads to follow, but I see that my state's Atlas is up for bid right now for $3.99 with no bids so I'm going to try to win it. It says each book has over 5,000 entries so it ought to be fun winter reading!

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of books I agree. Doing Research today alot of areas, are now Walmarts, Home Depots and Townhouses

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Thomas P. Terry was born 28 June 1940 in La Crosse, Wisconsin, and died 11 June 2010 in Onalaska, Wisconsin, aged 69. His obituary is easy to find online.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread