Forrest Fenns Treasure - Clue Compilation

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I think the beaver connection is a stretch. Can't agree with it. Of course, I haven't found the treasure though, so my thoughts don't count anyway. But Home of Brown to me still means somebody's name of brown, like you mentioned own solution. Just too many other things not fitting though ...

Wouldn't rule out the Yellowstone area though, especially with the Gardiner Connection.

applecrack

Jan 22, 2014
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Whites XLT
Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just a thought. Archeologists have a Soil book that they refer to as the Brown book. And it's capitalized. It is simply to identify the color of the soil. Put in below the home of Brown could simply mean buried in the dirt. I think the reason you cant find any clues with out the first two is that they are things Mr. Fenn was looking at when was there. They are "his" recollections and thoughts. He possibly can see, a waterfall, snow capped mountains, a muddy river or things like that. You won't find many of these things in any real description. I might call them something different. I believe after the first clue or two you will need observe the area. Some clues might describe the place and others what you must do to find it. Just a thought.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Did they ever find the lost hunter in NM from about a month ago? I read how FF himself was out in helicopters looking for this guy. And lots of other hunters joined in. Then, nothing. Nothing on the results, of if they ever found him or his body. Anyone know??

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

B&E prospecting

Feb 9, 2013
Forrest Fenn's Treasure - Clue Compilation

Hi folks. Great topic of interest and I have pondered many an hour as to the location. Here's my thoughts ( and if this helps anyone please just PM me or post it- I'm least likely to be able to go find it). In the matter of "home of Brown" I know FF is an avid Western fan so my thought was " the home of the Browning Rifles" which is one of the most popular rifles and famous rifles ever. That puts it in Morgan, Utah just above Salt Lake City ( where warm waters end)? If you "put in" at the "Y" of the river by Morgan and follow it east into Colorado it meets the altitude clue. This would also fill the thoughts about "halt" as it is close to Fort Bridger along Muddy Creek. I'm not sure about any of the rest tho. Thoughts?

Last edited:

OH!

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dal Neitzel was at Forrest Fenn’s home when Dal mentioned to Forrest that “halt & walk” does not rhyme. Dal told Forrest that maybe once one of them words were changed to rhyme then it might make sense. Forrest thought about it for a minute and said: Don’t mess with my poem” Dal was insinuating that he wanted to change a word altogether in the poem. Fenn doesn’t want a word changed in his poem because it would mess with the letters it took him 15 years to work. People have taken this way out of context. It’s the context of the conversation that has been taken away from his “Don’t mess with my poem” quote. People have misconstrued what Fenn meant by saying “ Don’t mess with my poem”. He only said that because dal wanted to change letters already formed within the poem to different letters. That’s why he said don’t mess with my poem. There are many people that agree with this. There is no misleading on Fenn’s part. It is the people who don’t adhere to how the conversation took place that mislead people. Dal has said this word for word of how the conversation took place.

If letters were changed in the poem it would mess up what he has already in the poem. This is why he said "don't mess with my poem"

Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth, and/or a good map.f

Above is scrapbook 62 on Dal Neitzel's site. Scrapbook Sixty Two? | Thrill Of The Chase If you do a word count and go to word 62 of scrapbook 62, you will be at the word "and" In and/or a good map, f. If you anagram "and/or a good map, f" you will get: "Do pod of anagram" meaning Do container of anagrams. So scrapbook 62 is pointing to word 62. If you anagram word 62 on, It tells you a little secret. The word "and" has the / for a continuance.
Don't mess with my poem needs to have the conversation along with it in order for people to understand.

Last edited:

B&E prospecting

Feb 9, 2013
I don't remember stating at anytime changing any letters or words in his poem. Thank you for the great information though.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about this; Forrest Fenn and his treasure is all a HUGE joke.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Now thats original...never heard that before Gas....

Coach Stack

Apr 5, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
AT Pro Pointer
Kelllyco Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the lost line from the poem.

Attachments

• 1469513019026.jpg
    1469513019026.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 472

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Mr Brown ?

Brown Trout

Where warm waters Halt ,,,,, last word as Clue , Halt in spanish is Alto

Alto Springs

As I've gone in there alone ,,, Last word is clue ,,, Alone ,,, in Solitude ,,, in Spanish = Soledad

How now Brown Cow

try Cow Creek just North East of FF's Home

hey , you can seek anywhere ,, right ?

It's at his Local Fishing Hole , or favorite fishing hole

it is off the trail , it is a CREEK not a Lake ,
a Creek with Brown Trout

though he can ride a bike up a trail , he must walk down ,,, try again ,,, DOWN to the fishing hole
down in the bottom of the Canyon . from that Trail .

Try Cow Creek , drive up Cow Creek Canyon until you reach the end of the road , Park and get out .

Cold Springs Canyon in Colorado is fun too

jbnyc

Jul 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two things that I haven't seen proposed before:

1. high water=hell, as in come hell or high water.
2. but tarry scant with marvel gaze=buttery scent with marble glaze

I have always liked the idea of it being near the joe brown put in in Montana, and I think if the above two ideas are right, it gives even further credibility to the idea of it being near Devil's Slide (hell) on Cinnabar Mt. (slight mispronunciation of cinnamon bun, a pastry of buttery scent with marble glaze). I always thought the Tarry scant with marvel gaze sounded out of place, and this theory would explain why. This would also justify Fenn's claim that children will be better equipped to solve the puzzle.

The blaze is trickier, and I don't have a clear sense of exactly where it might be. No idea if these are right or not, but I thought it was at the very least worth putting out there.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
So far no one has hinted at the location I was recently made aware. It's only an hours drive from
Fenn. Based on NM history but very unpublicized. Someone gave me two localities unrelated to
the plant and upon researching one the mystery revealed itself.

longshot954

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2015
Ft Worth / Mansfield area
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just about any internet search will bring it up. A good place to start is dictionary.com. Among the other definitions it also states the origin of "beaver" is an Old English root for "brown". If you look around with an eye for this detail you'll find it in multiple locations.

But with all this said, we still have to be cautious not to fall into "confirmation bias" and see only what we want to see.

from Merriam-Webster dictionary: Origin and Etymology of beaver

Middle English bever, from Old English beofor; akin to Old High German bibar beaver, and probably to Old English brūn brown — more at brown

danquest

Apr 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the Forrest Fenn "facts" without the extraneous gibberish - it is refreshing.

Jason342

May 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I recalled the upper limit of elevation being 10,200 feet...

A few major assumptions led me to the B24 wreckage on trail peak (36.409681, -105.068257). The wreckage is at about 10,150. This is on Philmont Scout Ranch (Boyscout property - I believe you need to ask permission to enter the property) so there is certainly a chance that kids could find it (if it were here). I crawled up inside the wreckage (the wing specifically) and took a look around a few years back. Nothing inside the wreckage (it's a man-made structure). I thought "alone in there" could have been a reference to inside an aircraft, and that "listen all and hear me well" could have been a reference to a radio. I started at red river to the dam, to Eagle's Nest Lake (home of brown), aqua fria peak (water high), trail peak (the blaze), quickly down (a crash), listen all and hear me well (radio position). Also "riches old and new" was a guess that the wreckage could have been the "old" in this reference... Anyway, my first guess before all the additional info came out.

I took a second trip to Yellowstone (some places where an 80 year old man could certainly not have gone, or most 30 year old men). Both trips have been 2 awesome adventures - both of them almost worth writing books about. Yellowstone with my brother was hilarious - at one point, a set of peculiar circumstances had us hiding from a park ranger in the middle of Yellowstone; myself in boxers and my brother wearing nothing because Firehole river had just taken his. This was at dusk - the car was up top on the road so a ranger was strafing a spotlight across the river (right near us) trying to find the owners. I can only wonder what that ranger would have said had he found us. HAHAHA!! Good times - lots of good stories to return home with. If I ever win the lotto or find this I'm going to start a hunt or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread