Forrest Fenns Treasure - Clue Compilation

Arich1819

Greenie
Oct 29, 2018
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I first caught interest in the FF treasure when I was in high school. Me and some friends made plans to check out a couple spots that we thought could be possible solutions. Unfortunately we never ended up going, and our own “Thrill of the Chase” began to fade.

Several years later, my interest in treasure hunting began to grow inside me again. Now I currently follow a couple different treasure stories waiting for more updates or clues to come forward. The thing that I find so intriguing about the FF treasure is that everyone in the world has access to his “treasure map” in the poem. He has emphasized multiple times the importance of his poem on the quest for the treasure, and I believe that somebody could find the treasure without reading either of his books. Granted they provide insight on his personal life, and certain places that are relevant to the treasure in my opionion.

I have analyzed the poem countless times, and like many of you, I practically have it memorized by now. But through my research on forums and other FF treasure sites, I seem to think that EVERYONE is skipping a vital clue! I have never heard mention of what I am referring to, and I hope to put some of my theories to the test. I am in the middle of planning my first actual search for the treasure, after which I will disclose all of the information that I have up to this point.

This was a great thread tho, well done. It gave me much insight.

I will not be sharing my most important “find” (it could be nothing and I’m thinking way too much into it) but I did notice that someone referred to the line “Tarry scant with marvel gaze” more as a joke, or unimportant. NOTHING IN THE POEM IS UNIMPORTANT. No words were used by accident or simply to fill up the lines. It took the man YEARS to come up with this. I believe that the poem is flawless in his eyes and if you understand who Forest Fenn is, then the poem will make sense to you and lead you to a treasure!

“Tarry scant with marvel gaze” is an interesting line.

“Tarry” is giving you instruction not to stay long, or do not over due your visit.
“Scant” is to not take a full measure of something. So “scant with marvel gaze” is meaning marvel at the amazing treasure you’ve just found, but do it quickly.

This is all the information that I will share for now. Again, great thread and I can’t wait to see who finds this thing!

Missouri53

Nov 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the chase

I came across this about a month ago. I am very taken with FF and the Poem. This is the first blog I have signed up for. I have spent the last month reading totally useless blogs that were only trying to discourage any one searching. I understand peoples greed, posting totally useless information. FF has stated numerous times keep it simple and don't mess with the poem. He openly admits some words have several meaning, and that he likes to alter words to fit his thinking. There many ways to distort a word to fit his mind. He became a writer and found some terms not full filling the full meaning of his thoughts. It is a way he keeps his writings interesting to see if the readers are paying attention. There are no tricks like crossword puzzles or number games that create a solve to his words. I saw one searcher using a Bingo Card to decipher clues with? I suggested that he should interchange the word Bingo with the word Brown. People in volved in conducting searches, know they must set some boundaries to start with. FF did that by naming 4 states, with a strong south boundary, 8.25 miles north of Santa Fe, the east and west boundaries set by the width of the Rockies in the four states. I believe originally he sat the north boundary in Canada, because he stated he was surprised when the map printer stopped at the Canadian border. But when he thought about it really had little effect of the final location of the treasure.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't get into this treasure, but with winter I am currently having folks coming over to my lost treasure pages. Which is not a bad thing, old school says to have a couple your working on.

BingFa9

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across this about a month ago. I am very taken with FF and the Poem. This is the first blog I have signed up for. I have spent the last month reading totally useless blogs .

Hi Missouri

I just want to give you a heads up about my blog at www.bingfa9.com

I have a map of my solve that identifies the blaze, where warm waters halt, and solved the clue for heavy loads and water high. And I wrote a bunch of blog posts too. Feel free to criticize or comment on any aspect of my posts or my solve map, and I’ll reply humbly and respectfully even if I do not agree with you

BingFa9

www.bingfa9.com

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know if this thread died and another one was started or if this is still the main Fenn treasure thread but....IT WAS FOUND!! Fenn announced it and said new details will be coming soon!

https://dalneitzel.com/

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know if this thread died and another one was started or if this is still the main Fenn treasure thread but....IT WAS FOUND!! Fenn announced it and said new details will be coming soon!

https://dalneitzel.com/

There is no one main Fenn thread, there are multiple Fenn threads.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread