Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Forrest Fenns Treasure - Clue Compilation

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2015
    18 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Man o' man, Cheaperrooter, you're a real piece of work. You pick a fight and then act as if you're the one being persecuted. Does this work for you in other threads, because it doesn't work for me here. But since you can't let this go and suffer an inexplicable need to be put on blast in a public forum, then so be it. Lets break this down - shall we?

1) You said you had no interest in looking for the treasure. Correct? Then why post anything? And why should I answer? Why try to ruin it for everyone else? This thread is devoted to those interested in the chase - not those interested in knocking it. I find it insulting, as I am sure others reading this forum feel as well, by your not so subtle way of trying to build yourself up by pretending you are the only person in the room smart enough to point out the "obvious". And by "obvious" I mean the "How does anyone know the treasure hasn't been found" question. To show you how stupid this question is and how it is nothing other than a thinly veiled attempt to build yourself up at the expense of everyone else on this thread - I'll reverse the question and ask you in return - How do you know it isn't still there? Until the treasure has officially been found, and we know for sure it is no longer there, then this question is just as stupid and just as impossible to answer.

2) No one? Nobody following this any longer? Since your insatiable need for attention was apparently unsatisfied when no one replied to your post you felt the need to post a self indulgent and snarky comment such as this. Why? Is it a mandatory requirement for others on this thread to bow to your needs and bend to your beck and call? Or maybe it's just a forum where others typically post when they have something useful to contribute. And despite the narcissistic undertones of your post I answered your question. But somehow you still had a problem with that? Hmm. Methink you may be high maintenance. Therapy does wonders BTW.

3) The poem says not far but too far to walk. But then he goes on to say that he made the trip twice by foot in one afternoon and was less than a few miles? HUH?? My god, really? Are we going back to grade school? (insert head shake here) Since it means SO MUCH to you and since you are incapable of doing your own research, I'll help you out and answer your question. It is commonly accepted, but not proven of course, that "too far to walk" refers to the need to drive from one location to another. Once at the location he then made the trip from his car to the location of the treasure twice in one day. Capish?

And finally...

4) Man up and do your own research and stop expecting everyone else to do all the work for you. Sheesh!
    Last edited by Mark9497; Jul 15, 2018 at 01:44 AM.

Jul 2018
    because the answer to your question is "Henry"....the two best line in the poem are "tarry scant" (funny stuff right there, I love it..!) and "in the wood"...I have heard that Sooo many times..! makes me laugh under my breath every time Mr. Fenn says it..! what a wise way to use the words in the poem..!

Apr 2016
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark9497 View Post
    Man o' man, Cheaperrooter, you're a real piece of work. You pick a fight and then act as if you're the one being persecuted. Does this work for you in other threads, because it doesn't work for me here. But since you can't let this go and suffer an inexplicable need to be put on blast in a public forum, then so be it. Lets break this down - shall we?

1) You said you had no interest in looking for the treasure. Correct? Then why post anything? And why should I answer? Why try to ruin it for everyone else? This thread is devoted to those interested in the chase - not those interested in knocking it. I find it insulting, as I am sure others reading this forum feel as well, by your not so subtle way of trying to build yourself up by pretending you are the only person in the room smart enough to point out the "obvious". And by "obvious" I mean the "How does anyone know the treasure hasn't been found" question. To show you how stupid this question is and how it is nothing other than a thinly veiled attempt to build yourself up at the expense of everyone else on this thread - I'll reverse the question and ask you in return - How do you know it isn't still there? Until the treasure has officially been found, and we know for sure it is no longer there, then this question is just as stupid and just as impossible to answer.

2) No one? Nobody following this any longer? Since your insatiable need for attention was apparently unsatisfied when no one replied to your post you felt the need to post a self indulgent and snarky comment such as this. Why? Is it a mandatory requirement for others on this thread to bow to your needs and bend to your beck and call? Or maybe it's just a forum where others typically post when they have something useful to contribute. And despite the narcissistic undertones of your post I answered your question. But somehow you still had a problem with that? Hmm. Methink you may be high maintenance. Therapy does wonders BTW.

3) The poem says not far but too far to walk. But then he goes on to say that he made the trip twice by foot in one afternoon and was less than a few miles? HUH?? My god, really? Are we going back to grade school? (insert head shake here) Since it means SO MUCH to you and since you are incapable of doing your own research, I'll help you out and answer your question. It is commonly accepted, but not proven of course, that "too far to walk" refers to the need to drive from one location to another. Once at the location he then made the trip from his car to the location of the treasure twice in one day. Capish?

And finally...

4) Man up and do your own research and stop expecting everyone else to do all the work for you. Sheesh!
    Wow!!! I picked a fight by making a couple of random comments on a thread LMAO!!! You sure seem to be going WAY out of your way to look for trouble. I think Ive made a dozen posts on this website in the last YEAR and you say Im seeking attention? Stupendously absurd as it is hysterically funny.

Honestly Mark, I read the first few sentences of your first point and stopped reading because its VERY APPARENT you have some issues... DEEP issues. After reading your first point, there was simply no reason to proceed because I understood clearly there was no reason trying to continue to explain to you logically and intellectually, why your original reply was ridiculous. Why your reply was argumentative. Why your reply made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Anybody on the face of this earth (I thought) with even a tad of intelligence that read my response could clearly see that absolutely every point I made was spot on. Except somebody going out of their way to look for trouble and pick a fight with somebody just makkng some simple comments...

Youre a troublemaker that reads things that dont exist and forces an argument out of nothing at all. Get some help Mark...

Jun 2015
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheaperrooter View Post
    Wow!!! I picked a fight by making a couple of random comments on a thread LMAO!!! You sure seem to be going WAY out of your way to look for trouble. I think I’ve made a dozen posts on this website in the last YEAR and you say I’m seeking attention? Stupendously absurd as it is hysterically funny.

Honestly Mark, I read the first few sentences of your first point and stopped reading because it’s VERY APPARENT you have some issues... DEEP issues. After reading your first point, there was simply no reason to proceed because I understood clearly there was no reason trying to continue to explain to you logically and intellectually, why your original reply was ridiculous. Why your reply was argumentative. Why your reply made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Anybody on the face of this earth (I thought) with even a tad of intelligence that read my response could clearly see that absolutely every point I made was spot on. Except somebody going out of their way to look for trouble and pick a fight with somebody just makkng some simple comments...

You’re a troublemaker that reads things that don’t exist and forces an argument out of nothing at all. Get some help Mark...
    Do us all a favor little man and move on. Better yet, instead trolling someone else's thread, why don't you take the time and effort to create you own? Yeah, that's the ticket. You can continue to be as egocentric and nonsensical as you want and I won't say a word. Or are you afraid no one would read it or you might have a small minded troll like yourself spilling nonsense onto your page? Whatever the reason, go away, you bore me.
    Arich1819 likes this.

Apr 2016
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark9497 View Post
    Do us all a favor little man and move on. Better yet, instead trolling someone else's thread, why don't you take the time and effort to create you own? Yeah, that's the ticket. You can continue to be as egocentric and nonsensical as you want and I won't say a word. Or are you afraid no one would read it or you might have a small minded troll like yourself spilling nonsense onto your page? Whatever the reason, go away, you bore me.
    Love how little men like you use terms like us and we to make yourself feel more important than you are...

Right, I bore you so much, you write novel length replies and respond to all my posts?? LMAO!!! Youre something dude, really Mark, you do need some help. Seek it bro. Bye bye now.

us
    Oct 2018
    Utah
    9 times
    I first caught interest in the FF treasure when I was in high school. Me and some friends made plans to check out a couple spots that we thought could be possible solutions. Unfortunately we never ended up going, and our own “Thrill of the Chase” began to fade.

Several years later, my interest in treasure hunting began to grow inside me again. Now I currently follow a couple different treasure stories waiting for more updates or clues to come forward. The thing that I find so intriguing about the FF treasure is that everyone in the world has access to his “treasure map” in the poem. He has emphasized multiple times the importance of his poem on the quest for the treasure, and I believe that somebody could find the treasure without reading either of his books. Granted they provide insight on his personal life, and certain places that are relevant to the treasure in my opionion.

I have analyzed the poem countless times, and like many of you, I practically have it memorized by now. But through my research on forums and other FF treasure sites, I seem to think that EVERYONE is skipping a vital clue! I have never heard mention of what I am referring to, and I hope to put some of my theories to the test. I am in the middle of planning my first actual search for the treasure, after which I will disclose all of the information that I have up to this point.

This was a great thread tho, well done. It gave me much insight.

I will not be sharing my most important “find” (it could be nothing and I’m thinking way too much into it) but I did notice that someone referred to the line “Tarry scant with marvel gaze” more as a joke, or unimportant. NOTHING IN THE POEM IS UNIMPORTANT. No words were used by accident or simply to fill up the lines. It took the man YEARS to come up with this. I believe that the poem is flawless in his eyes and if you understand who Forest Fenn is, then the poem will make sense to you and lead you to a treasure!

“Tarry scant with marvel gaze” is an interesting line.

“Tarry” is giving you instruction not to stay long, or do not over due your visit.
    “Scant” is to not take a full measure of something. So “scant with marvel gaze” is meaning marvel at the amazing treasure you’ve just found, but do it quickly.

This is all the information that I will share for now. Again, great thread and I can’t wait to see who finds this thing!

Nov 2018
    1 times

New to the chase

I came across this about a month ago. I am very taken with FF and the Poem. This is the first blog I have signed up for. I have spent the last month reading totally useless blogs that were only trying to discourage any one searching. I understand peoples greed, posting totally useless information. FF has stated numerous times keep it simple and don't mess with the poem. He openly admits some words have several meaning, and that he likes to alter words to fit his thinking. There many ways to distort a word to fit his mind. He became a writer and found some terms not full filling the full meaning of his thoughts. It is a way he keeps his writings interesting to see if the readers are paying attention. There are no tricks like crossword puzzles or number games that create a solve to his words. I saw one searcher using a Bingo Card to decipher clues with? I suggested that he should interchange the word Bingo with the word Brown. People in volved in conducting searches, know they must set some boundaries to start with. FF did that by naming 4 states, with a strong south boundary, 8.25 miles north of Santa Fe, the east and west boundaries set by the width of the Rockies in the four states. I believe originally he sat the north boundary in Canada, because he stated he was surprised when the map printer stopped at the Canadian border. But when he thought about it really had little effect of the final location of the treasure.
    Mark9497 likes this.

Jun 2015
    18 times
    Here's an interesting interview with FF. It's about 45 minutes long so you might want to make some coffee before settling in to watch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Te...PM&app=desktop

Oct 2016
    439 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    I don't get into this treasure, but with winter I am currently having folks coming over to my lost treasure pages. Which is not a bad thing, old school says to have a couple your working on.

Dec 2006
    1966 times
    i didnt see this mentioned, a resource for what Forrest has said

Your free, searchable library of Forrest Fenn quotes, type in keyword
    Tarry Scant - Forrest Fenn Treasure Quotes Interviews Video Transcriptions Resources
    travis.gore.79 and Mark9497 like this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links