Lake Arrowhead ,Calif.,stashed ,city hall records,cash,jewlery,stamps and coins

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Am I the only one that has heard this tale,about a stash of goodies in a cave above lake arrowhead from the 1930"s, in a old mine or cave,with removeable hidden walls and floors,made to conceal file cabnets,and boxes full of stolen items from the los angeles city hall. I have narrrowed down the approximent location,in photos{my secret}, and may make the search soon. I believe some of this loot was found in the 1950"s,but not all.Any further imfo,would be helpful,but I am not willing to share,sorry.As it is said,loose lips sink yur goals.
Other imfo I have gleaned ,is that the early Spanish may have had a settlemrnt above lake arrowhead,as their are indications of old rock walls,and foundations,that date to early explorations in this area,not Indian. However my main interest is in caves and mines.

S

stefen

Never heard of this tale...Although there was some 1930's Los Angeles mafia activity in the immediate area...may be connected?

Wouldn't be suprised if the foundations are actually from the mid 1800's...gold miners. There are numerous mines in the range mountains containing Lake Arrowhead / Big Bear.

As you may be aware, both lakes are man-made...and Arrowhead has tunnels under the lake with vents above the water level.

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Yes your right their are a lot of old mines scattered through out this area. The location I have narrowed down is within sight of a freeway,and it may be difficult for me to explore,without being noticed,working these details out is not easy,but I am going to give it a shot. I personally believe their might be a iron door mine somewhere near Lake Arrowhead{early Spanish }but have no proof, just my own hunch.

S

stefen

ghostdog said:
Yes your right their are a lot of old mines scattered through out this area. The location I have narrowed down is within sight of a freeway,and it may be difficult for me to explore,without being noticed,working these details out is not easy,but I am going to give it a shot. I personally believe their might be a iron door mine somewhere near Lake Arrowhead{early Spanish }but have no proof, just my own hunch.

Working in the fast lane of the freeway would be difficult...if not extremely obvious. (Just kidding)

There is an iron door mine shaft...it's related to the outfall tunnel for the lake.

Located on a sidehill above the lake.

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Bernard McFadden, check him out, there's info on him, buried unknown quantities of cash and jewels in world war II ammo cans around Lake Arrowhead....Also, the Spanish mined up there, closer to Big Bear, Fawnskin, Deep Creek...On the backside of Holcomb Valley, off the old road (north), I personally saw a Spanish Map carved on a Large Overhanging Rock which indicated about 30 different sites of the Mohave Desert as well as the San Bernadino Mtn. Range (that was in the 1970's), Dave Johnson and his Cousin found Spanish Coins along the Deep Creek Drainage (in the 70's), old, ancient rock walls and catwalks were found....The Old "LOST" Van Duesen or Duezen Mine that Thomas Penfield wrote about may have been one of these Spanish Mines, Penfield also wrote about B. McFadden. Tom Hickler mined gold in Rattlesnake Canyon in the 60's and found Spanish Mining Tools...The "ARROW" at Lake Arrowhead....Is it Natural?....The Forestry Service maintains it is........But guess where it points too?....hee,hee...Happy Trails

S

stefen

Thats quite a large territory...encompasses almost the entire county of San Bernardino...

And yes the natural topographic shape of the lake resembles an arrowhead...thus the name...nothing man-made there except the lake itself..

Gotta get a copy of Thomas Penfield's book...could be an interesting read.

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
:)

Happytrails,good post,I have a lot of imformation on Mcfadden,KVM,also wrote about him. I also have some imfo.,stashed somewhere on the Spanish mines/and walls in or near Fawnskin,I think they had a fort like encampment in that area. Some of Mcfaddens money and some govt.documents,I think, were found when a bulldose crew unearthed this stash on his property. It is also said that a Govt.official,{off the track a little,jus like me},during the early 1930"s,drove across country,when the WP camps were being set up,and buried barrels of money, near each of these camps,and used the roads/markers as a guide to these stashes. My diabetes is makeing me to tired to continue,gotta go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread