The Dutchman,Walz,and clues to a fortune,old storey tidbits

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Most of you have read ,some have searched,and some are still searching,a tale ,that is true,and never fades ,for long.
Walz 1st appeared in Florence Az,with rich gold ore,and said he found it in a old spanish mine.He also said his partner Wiser was killed in a Indian attack,which very few belived.
He usually enterd the Supers.,from the West at this time.
He sold gold ore to Goldman assyers,worth $10,000,a ton.
Sold another sackful to A.L.Pellegrin,assyers,who in lieu,of payment,accepted enough ore to have 2 rings made for his children.
He lived in a abode hut near what is now,Henshaw and 16th sts,phoenix.Was known to bury gold in front of the hut.
Said once if you pass 3 red hills youve gone to far.
His location cold not be seen from the military below,but he could watch the trail from his mine.
The setting sun would shine through a break in the mts.,and glitter upon the ore.
I believe this mine location of the Dutchman,was inside a hidden caynon,that may now be closed up due to earth quakes,or flooding,maybe both.
I do have a map,but will not post it, I believe it to be a modernized verizon,from the 1930"s.
Adolph Ruth,may have known this location,may have actually found this location,and was probably killed for it,and the map that was taken off his body.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man, I feel like it idiot. You never see what's right in front of you :)

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Ok,I dont understand your reply,care to explain.
Another clue from Adolph Ruth, At the canyon junction of bluff springs and needle canyon, the one running almost north and south,from weavers needle,with high cliffs flanking it upon the eastern side,and the other a tributary,coming into it from the east,almost at right angles,along the northern base of a high mountain,is near where {the peraltas once had a mineing camp,{above this mineing camp are more clues to mines locations.
{Another clue,look for a carved horses head,the apaches made and put up high on another rock,as a marker,pointed to mine locations,they buried over with logs and other materials to hide the mines foreever.However 1 mine they left untouched higher up in the Supers.{this clue is from a apache who helped with the mine coverups,who is now long dead.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
There are a lot of mysterious deaths surronding this story over the years,
Some shot some just died, almost all beheaded.

Be careful guys I personaly think that someone, or a group of someones still protect the secret.

I'm probably just paranoid.

But in a case like this ..... paranoid is good.

OD

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Hey olddog,your not wrong.You have to have eyes in the back of your head,or a couple of mean dogs ,{rotwielers would do,with your search crew.
My previous reply marks were directed to the Dguy or mixer.
It is not enough to pack bullets,and think your safe, you need a good electronic or warning system , perimiter wide,military style.also hidden electronic warning posts,like they use at area51,or use to utilize .

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You wouldn't understand even if I explained it to you. It has nothing to do with this thread, well not really anyway :)

BTW, you don't need a gun to hunt the Dutchie mine. That range has been traversed for years by people not carrying guns. They're not killing people back there anymore.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Better safe than sorry as they say.

Besides, it's not just people you have to watch out for in the mountains.

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
8)ok that is cool, I live in calif.,and have no plans to crawl the supers.,I just wanted to give out some imfo,and hoped it helps,. their is still a lot to be found in those mountains. I also know that a lady real estate agent,who now lives in New Mexico,is realted to the Peraltas,going back to Pedro,who helped find and dig out and map most of the gold mines,in those cursed mountains.However that said ,if it hasn't been caved in by earthquakes,their is still a hidden box type canyon,that you can only get to by squeezing through a narrow rock tight passage,and then dropping down a rope into a enclosed area,that the Spanish also ::) worked,and the Appaches knew about also.

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
:-*

responses to,e-mail,and post,I will not give out more imformation on the lady decendent,for security reasons,hopefully u understand. I also haven"t decided how to handle the map yet,and I will not post it. I know this imformation through old documents I have. A prospector in the late 1920"s, actually dropped down into this enclosed caynon,and found old tools and a very early spanish musket,he was spooked,and left before,he explored more area.He could never find the location again, but I believe it is caved in due to earthquakes
In this enclosed dished cut canyon,lies a very rich gold mine the ,the spanish worked,cut in a bell shape,going down at least 14 ladders,the ore was so soft they could just cut it out of the walls,like butter.

BILL96

Mar 29, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
LST
Stories of lost gold in those mts are a dime a dozen I was just curious what the source was for this story. What types of old documents are you refering to.
Bill

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I have often wondered if the clues given by Walz were to more than one location.

This would explain many discrepancies most hunters encounter. I know a fellow who chased the LDM for 40 years . he is all crippled up now , as he fell in holes, fell off cliffs got shot and still survives. we talk often and he is starting to think Walz had more than one location also. This guy is a little nuts tho, I think he would still be out there if he could.

OD

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
olddog,96,& email person, their are plenty of locations of ore in the supers.,most of the mines were covered over by the apaches,however their is some ore that is coming right out of the ground,the apaches knew of a hidden canyon,that had loose nuggets in the ground,others have found rich pieces of float in the black ground,skelton burros have been found with bags of ore/nuggets still strapped to their bodys,stacks of smelted bars were found at the Peraltas last stand{by a Peralta decendet,behind a rock barracade,in a shallow mountain ident.Their is rumor of a small silver mountain,in the shape of a Antalope,the Indians knew about this,last seen by a prospector in the late 1930"s. However not all of this treasure was taken,due to weight,most likely,and other reasons obivous.Due research on the floods and earthquakes in the Supers,as this has covered up a lot of the sought after prizes.
I will not discuss my documents.
When I decide to deal with the map,I will auction it off,till then it stays stashed.
I believe the Dutchman found one of the hidden,canyons,the Spanish and Apaches knew about.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Have followed the thread here Ghost,

Don't see anyone who wants your files or the map.

At least not me.

Some of us actualy thought for a minute you wanted information from us.

Anyway thanks for sharing

OD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread