artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in the NW Chicago Burbs and am interested in finding relics with my new MD. I understand that there were a few army camps in Illinois in the early 1860's. One was in Rockford and one on the Fox River near St. Charles. I've also heard that there may have been a Japanese internment camp in Barrington during WWII. Does anyone have any further info on these sites or perhaps any others in the area you wouldn't mind sharing with me so that I can get my feet wet!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
St. chuck is a no go dig on public property but allllllllll good on private land
rockford you need a permit its like10-12 bucks i forget
google rockford civil war camp/s ;)

joeyp12000

Jul 31, 2006
Rockford Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism
There are lots of older homes where the camp was in Rockford..There is a park near by that I have hunted several times found lots of clad but there is silver there somewhere!

OP
OP
artemis moon

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
joeyp12000 said:
There are lots of older homes where the camp was in Rockford..There is a park near by that I have hunted several times found lots of clad but there is silver there somewhere!

Did you need a permit to detect in the park?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
call them and ask.........

joeyp12000

Jul 31, 2006
Rockford Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism
You are supposed to get one I think its 15 dollars.....I have never been stopped tho..Nobody seems to mind as long as you fill those holes! 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions