DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very curious.
I have seen posts of people providing maps and asking for dowsing on the particular map.
Is this a clairvoyant gift?
What exactly is the dowsing over a piece of paper?
I have seen people use "rods" while walking actual property, but I am confused as to how this works via email or the posting of an image electronically.
I have no interest in becoming a dowser or gaining secrets, I respect your ability. Just very curious as to the how in regards to a picture versus actual land?
Thanks!

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
I can not speak to how dowsing works, nor can I speak as to the capabilities of anyone on this forum who may claim to have dowsing abilities. I can, however, speak to my own experience.

When I lived in both the upper Mojave and lower Mojave Desert of California, I had what may have been either an acquired or an intuitive ability to read the surrounding terrain and locate accessible water, primarily near surface. I will not call this a dowsing ability. You may call it what you like.

After a stroke a few years ago this ability quickly abated, to the point of now being non-existent.

In addition, when I lived near the Morongo Basin, I did know a self described dowser who could identify where and how deep a driller needed to go in order to hit potable water. Amazingly to me, at the time, was his ability to tell the driller if the water was cold, warm, hot, or steam under pressure.

I have known others, over the decades, who have had what appeared to be some ability at dowsing. Some better than others.

How does dowsing work? I do not know. Does it work? At least to some extent in my experience.

The next question to ask is how to determine if a self described dowser actually has abilities or is full of hot water, so to speak. To this I can not speak at this time.

Time for coffee. And a few Tylenol.

Edit: Can a Moderator please move this thread to the Dowsing section?

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember, dowsing is feeling the subtle energies. Now there is a misnomer called "map dowsing". It is a psychic phenomena on the astral plane, whereas dowsing on site is etheric or pre-physical. The map/psychic stuff is about as unreliable and inaccurate as you can get. Not saying it can't possibly work, just quite the pipe dream. There's only a few people in the world that have ever shown the ability the map dowse with any accuracy, and there aren't any of them around here. And add to this there needs to be interpretation of the results. That's another sore spot. There is a lot of self-deception involved. People want to believe they can do it. What I have seen is a person will have someone hide the target for them and then they "map dowse" it. Not so fast! That's more like reading the person in what becomes a guessing game--Is this the place they would hide it?

Remote viewing is not much different than map dowsing. Both are psychic. The US govt spent millions on the Stargate program for remote viewing. They got the best talent in the country and the program did not survive. You know all the billions the govt wastes? Why not a few more million here? Sure appears the results were not good enough even for that.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually dowsing is very simple--shut down the five senses and all the mental programs running in your brain and expand your awareness, basically accessing your subconscious without prejudice. Only problem is that it isn't easy to shut down the mind. Most people can't go but a few seconds and most people live in self-deception. This is where learning meditation comes in and why it is essential to learn SOME form of it. Add practice, and a daily feedback.

To learn dowsing, start at age five, practice every healthy day and by the time you are thirty years old you will have reached your plateau. That doesn't mean you will be a good dowser. And that's if you do it right with learning meditation, daily practice, and tons of feedback. I don't know anyone around here. Sure, it's human to take the easy way and live in self-deception.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like some good feedback to cure self-deception. Well, not everybody will be cured. LOL The self-deception has to do with the person's skills level. Sticking one's head in the sand doesn't accomplish much. One thing I learned about locating in general, this is all about seeking the truth.

BenjaminE

Jun 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About twenty years ago, I was working in a BASF chemical plant, near Clute, TX. We were ripping out an old plant block, built around 1970. They had cleared the old chemical machinery, and ripped out the concrete. We were getting ready to dig out the soil with a backhoe. I worked under a Mexican fellow named "Isabel Galvan". His name looks like a woman's name, but he is a man. Anyway, we drove to the metal shop, and he selected two steel rods. He bent about four inches at the end of each rod at a 90 degree angle. I asked what he was doing? He told me that we would use the rods to find pipes. I thought to myself that the rods were too thin to use as probes. But, I kept my thoughts to myself. We left the shop, and stopped somewhere in the plant, and picked up wooden stakes. Then, we drove back to the site. Isabel picked up both rods, held them outstretched in the air, and told me to follow him with the stakes. He walked along the edge of the broken concrete foundation, while holding the two rods in his hands. I asked what he was doing? And, he told me that he would know where the pipes are located, underground, by using the rods. I laughed to the point of ridiculing him. I could not believe what I was seeing. I was sure that there was no way on earth the rods would tell him where there are underground pipes. Isabel became quite angry and told me that he knew what he was doing. He started walking along the edge of the ripped out concrete, and stopped. He told me to put a stake down. I did. He walked a little further, and told me to put another stake down. So, I did. Then, he told me to get a shovel and start digging. And, he would come back, IN A FEW HOURS! Now, I do not know what I thought would happen. But, I dug and dug and dug until I was around waist deep. Suddenly, CLINK! God is my witness. There was a pipe around three feet underground. I went to the other stake, and started digging. Eventually, I hit another pipe, several feet under ground. One pipe was thin, and one pipe was thick. When he came back, I showed him the pipes. Then, he went to the block office, and got the blueprints for the block. He brought them out and verified that those were the only two pipes under there - he didn't miss one. After that, the heavy equipment operators started digging out the soil, while being careful to avoid the pipes. I asked Isabel to show me how to use the rods. I held them, and walked along the concrete, just as he walked. To be honest, the rods swung around like haywire, in my hands. But, every time Isabel did it, they would stay straight, and then suddenly cross the moment he stepped over the pipes. I spent years thinking about this experience. My best guess - and it could be wrong - is that our bodies have a magnetic field. And, other objects - like pipes, and water - have magnetic fields. And, maybe the intersection of both causes a neurological change in the control of one's muscles. Maybe my theory is wrong. I have no idea... It is still pretty amazing to see, though.

Last edited:

Shiloh1

Mar 9, 2009
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About twenty years ago, I was working in a BASF chemical plant, near Clute, TX. We were ripping out an old plant block, built around 1970. They had cleared the old chemical machinery, and ripped out the concrete. We were getting ready to dig out the soil with a backhoe. I worked under a Mexican fellow named "Isabel Galvan". His name looks like a woman's name, but he is a man. Anyway, we drove to the metal shop, and he selected two steel rods. He bent about four inches at the end of each rod at a 90 degree angle. I asked what he was doing? He told me that we would use the rods to find pipes. I thought to myself that the rods were too thin to use as probes. But, I kept my thoughts to myself. We left the shop, and stopped somewhere in the plant, and picked up wooden stakes. Then, we drove back to the site. Isabel picked up both rods, held them outstretched in the air, and told me to follow him with the stakes. He walked along the edge of the broken concrete foundation, while holding the two rods in his hands. I asked what he was doing? And, he told me that he would know where the pipes are located, underground, by using the rods. I laughed to the point of ridiculing him. I could not believe what I was seeing. I was sure that there was no way on earth the rods would tell him where there are underground pipes. Isabel became quite angry and told me that he knew what he was doing. He started walking along the edge of the ripped out concrete, and stopped. He told me to put a stake down. I did. He walked a little further, and told me to put another stake down. So, I did. Then, he told me to get a shovel and start digging. And, he would come back, IN A FEW HOURS! Now, I do not know what I thought would happen. But, I dug and dug and dug until I was around waist deep. Suddenly, CLINK! God is my witness. There was a pipe around three feet underground. I went to the other stake, and started digging. Eventually, I hit another pipe, several feet under ground. One pipe was thin, and one pipe was thick. When he came back, I showed him the pipes. Then, he went to the block office, and got the blueprints for the block. He brought them out and verified that those were the only two pipes under there - he didn't miss one. After that, the heavy equipment operators started digging out the soil, while being careful to avoid the pipes. I asked Isabel to show me how to use the rods. I held them, and walked along the concrete, just as he walked. To be honest, the rods swung around like haywire, in my hands. But, every time Isabel did it, they would stay straight, and then suddenly cross the moment he stepped over the pipes. I spent years thinking about this experience. My best guess - and it could be wrong - is that our bodies have a magnetic field. And, other objects - like pipes, and water - have magnetic fields. And, maybe the intersection of both causes a neurological change in the control of one's muscles. Maybe my theory is wrong. I have no idea... It is still pretty amazing to see, though.
I have done this many times in the construction field. It always worked for me even to as deep as seven feet. An old doctor showed this to me back in the 80's and I have never forgotten how to do it. Just saying!
Don't know about map dowsing, sounds a little funny to me!

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can easily verify dowsing works just like you mentioned. Map dowsing works too we are going to have a rough time with those who do not believe in it..there are more than 4 dimensions in our universe, scientists seem to think there may be 8 to 12 so who knows? I know a guy who has given me places to check and has been right every time...and he did it from over 1,000 miles away..and had never been there. Now come the scoffers, they are the same people who would not believe the world was not flat! I will never forget the first time I checked out a site. A guy I met in Indiana and I were looking for treasure when he told me about this guy and had him contact me, I told him I live near the ‘Nati and he sent me a location to check, he said I think there is a metal box with gold and silver in it right here. Long story, short (stealthy operation conducted) he was exactly right….it was not a metal box with coins, but a sign post that had some silver ore and some micro gold next to it - natural stuff. Well he was exactly right! It was not what he thought it might be but those particular elements were there! (I know steel is not an element). Another time I was near Grayson Kentucky, he sent me a location to check, said it was silver. We went to it and sure enough, the rocks had silver in them! The county had dumped a large dump truck load of rocks beside the road in a small stream to keep it from washing away. We didn’t try to find the quarry the rocks came from.. but should have. Since then I have checked over 30 sites for him and every time something was there. Including a test I did, I know where there are 6 Indian silver mines in Kentucky, I gave him a google earth map with a 10 square mile area that had 4 of the mines in it, and he located all 4! Exactly where they were! From over 1,000 miles away! The silver mines are under the Lost silver Mines of Johnathan Swift thread under legends here on tnet...subtopic of the Indian Waybill.

Last edited:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well..if it really worked we would have no need for metal detectors or any other kind of locating devices. As a mater of fact...every single treasure would have already been dug and every sunk ship would have been found. Dousing a map and throwing a dart blindfolded at that map would have the same odds.

Bob Christian

Greenie
Mar 27, 2018
Maitland, Missouri
Detector(s) used
3 different Garrets
1 Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It works but I am afraid to do it.

My father could "Witch" for water with a peach tree fork and I saw him find a good bit of water that way. When I was in the Army over at Sinop Turkey we had a large electric line go bad that was buried underground and we had no map or drawing as to were the line was located. Major Lord told me to find two, two foot long pieces of thick copper wire and bring them to him, which I did. He proceeded to bend each piece of wire into a "L" shape. He then took one of the short parts of the L shaped wired in each fist with his thumbs to the inside and made the long part of each L to point straight ahead, ie. to point forward. He held the wires loosely in both fists. Then we started walking around in the area where we suspected that the underground electric line ran. As we walked along over this one area both L wires moved into a position where the left L wire was pointing to the left and the right L wire was now pointing to the right. Major Lord said dig here, here is where you will find the buried line. So we dug and sure enough he had marked the location of the underground line to the inch, exactly right. That was back in 1964.
I have always been afraid to try "witching" (dousing) for anything because God in the Bible places dousing right in the category of being a witch and he curses it. So I have never tried it. However I do know that it does indeed work and it works very well too.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father could "Witch" for water with a peach tree fork and I saw him find a good bit of water that way. When I was in the Army over at Sinop Turkey we had a large electric line go bad that was buried underground and we had no map or drawing as to were the line was located. Major Lord told me to find two, two foot long pieces of thick copper wire and bring them to him, which I did. He proceeded to bend each piece of wire into a "L" shape. He then took one of the short parts of the L shaped wired in each fist with his thumbs to the inside and made the long part of each L to point straight ahead, ie. to point forward. He held the wires loosely in both fists. Then we started walking around in the area where we suspected that the underground electric line ran. As we walked along over this one area both L wires moved into a position where the left L wire was pointing to the left and the right L wire was now pointing to the right. Major Lord said dig here, here is where you will find the buried line. So we dug and sure enough he had marked the location of the underground line to the inch, exactly right. That was back in 1964.
I have always been afraid to try "witching" (dousing) for anything because God in the Bible places dousing right in the category of being a witch and he curses it. So I have never tried it. However I do know that it does indeed work and it works very well too.

Why be afraid of any thing that is good. By the way, most old folks called it a "Divining Rod" not a witching rod? Devin is a gift of God and has nothing to do with a witch.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Well..if it really worked we would have no need for metal detectors or any other kind of locating devices. As a mater of fact...every single treasure would have already been dug and every sunk ship would have been found. Dousing a map and throwing a dart blindfolded at that map would have the same odds. "

Told you there would be scoffers. Not many people have the talent and are mobile, too many targets and its hard for them to distinguish between natural/mineral and processed treasure material.

Last edited:

auspot4

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2017
Texas
Detector(s) used
goldbug 2, minelab extera 705
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I was at quartzsite AZ a fellar showed me how to use the rods and yup[ we found some gold of course there's always that 10% that will have a lot to say about it that it DON"T WORK and I hands on know it does

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread