River in Lancaster PA

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any pics? Where is the related information?

OP
OP
P.ALLEN

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no pics, just first hand experience, used to live downtown by the University about 12 years ago and would poke around down there.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! I would love to see some pics!

OP
OP
P.ALLEN

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I would walk my dog down in Central Park, and toss sticks in the river (She was a Black Lab) she would go out to get them. So I went out once to try and get a ball I threw in that she missed, and started finding some old china pieces and unique bottle bottoms....give it a shot. I went back multiple times and found quite a bit, there was much more than I could have picked up.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I would walk my dog down in Central Park, and toss sticks in the river (She was a Black Lab) she would go out to get them. So I went out once to try and get a ball I threw in that she missed, and started finding some old china pieces and unique bottle bottoms....give it a shot. I went back multiple times and found quite a bit, there was much more than I could have picked up.
A good time to go in there would be when the water level is way down. A couple summers ago we had a serious drought, and waterways had dried or nearly dried up. My husband and I missed some wonderful opportunities to have had some interesting finds, I'm sure.

OP
OP
P.ALLEN

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at low level it's about knee to waist high, but there was some cool pieces portions of china there and some interesting bottle bottoms. Wear cut proof gloves, it's an old town with a lot of history (and glass). I would also (if I were you) find a bridge over the river, something going toward philly or west chester and search around there. Those bridges have been rebuilt but the roads and older bridges date back to colonial/revolutionary times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread