Quebec leads

Celluforce

Tenderfoot
Jul 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montcalm silver...
Champlain treasure...

...Some bank robbery like the Costco of St-Hubert near Montreal...

Lets hunt!

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
Its very difficult to come across treasure leads in Quebec mostly because they have not been recorded.Banks in this part of the country only became in existence somewhere in the (1950).
Just for fun I started chasing the George Potvin bank robbery story and did find clues. It does exist.
One of my tricks is to go to golden seniors events and start a conversation on hidden caches.
This province has thousand of hidden hoards and may be worth a fortune.

flroger

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am responding to this old post. I just spent a week in the old Quebec City and took many historical tours. There has got to be a lot of neat old things buried based on the history of the place. The place was bombarded by many thousands of canon balls from the English from across the river. One of our tour guides says his uncle who lives on nearby Isle d'Orleans has found a number of them on his property. When they tear down something to rebuild or put something new there, they have to have an archeological dig done on the site and they usually find cool stuff. I also am currently reading a fictional novel based on history called "Bury Your Dead," and according to it, they are always turning up skeletons all over the city (I plan on researching this).

While I was there, there was 2 week concert on the Plains of Abraham (historical battlefield from 1759 that decided the fate of the city). One morning I walked out there briefly and took a quick look to see if anyone dropped anything of interest. I looked below a handrail rail just briefly figuring maybe a ring could have slipped off there. I did find a dime on the ground below the railing so my instincts were good I guess (wasn't even using a metal detector). We were only just walking by, I had not intended to do any hunting, but I bet if I had spent some time, I would have found something.

Also, this is my first post on the forum. I have been reading for a while and decided to take the plunge and sign up.

Cheers and happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread