Leads in Utah?

Arich1819

Greenie
Oct 29, 2018
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard several stories recently about a distant relative of mine, Butch Cassidy. Claims that some of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid’s treasure was near the Salt Lake Valley. Others saying it is in NM or AZ.

I am not only interested in this unsolved mystery, I have heard about the Native American technique of digging a cave upward, and blocking it off with a river. Ingenious..

Anyways, if anyone knows of any leads near Utah please post them here.

Dzrt1st

Jan 4, 2019
Western Washington
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Whites 4900 D/L Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an interesting article from The Yakima (WA) Herald March 2, 1910. No mention of Utah though.

Butch1.jpg
Butch2.jpg

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ll look into it. Are you willing to provide any other information? I know not not many are willing to tell everyone about a good lead haha

Actually I am doing a series for Wyoming that deals with several locations they are claimed to have hidden loot. Plans are about 5 books to cover the state. But then that leaves Utah, Colorado and New Mexico. Utah would be fun and is in my plans.

Mayan Hunter

Jan 25, 2011
Utah desert
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Colt 44/Fisher Gemini lll/Minolta 400 SLR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have an an Uncle who is from Orangeville, Utah. When he was in his teens in the 1950's he told me about another old timer who was in his 70's that lived near Emery, who kept fresh horses for Butch. My Uncle was told that Butch had cached $500.00 in Gold on the old timers ranch. When Butch returned, he recovered his cache from the old timers ranch and said he was headed towards the area of Star Valley, Wyoming, said his Good-bye's and was never seen or heard from again.

There was another cache further north from a robbery in which $7,500.00 was also cached in northern Emery county, in the San Juan Rafael swell.,

I'm also from Orangeville, Utah, and lived next door to my Uncle. He was my favorite Uncle, and died in 2017.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread