`Seeking St Louis Researcher for project

GaBnn3

Dec 10, 2004
Hi. This is truly a shot in the dark. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm from Massachusetts. Will be going camping in Tx in a couple on months with my son who shares my metal detecting hobby. We will be in an area where there is reputed to be a huge cache of gold buried in 1837 by a Sierra Madre miner who needed to bury it in a hurry. That person was an actual historical figure and this treasure is real. He was fatally injured but before he died he sent a map to an acquaintance in St Louis. That person unsuccessfully tried to find the treasure so it probably is still there. What we want to know is, Does the map still exist? I have only minimal info on that party in St Louis so need someone who like puzzles and, ideally, know what your doing; marriage records, obits, etc. If any takers hope to hear from you. Thanks.

Last edited:

TjTreasures

Sep 23, 2018
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy! I’m in St Louis Missouri and I love genealogy , I’m not an professional but have studied families for about 10 years and love to figure out the stories or mysteries of a family. I know how to research obits marriage records birth records etc.
I could try my best to help out your research , just let me know.
Thank you :)

weldinspector

Jan 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. This is truly a shot in the dark. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm from Massachusetts. Will be going camping in Tx in a couple on months with my son who shares my metal detecting hobby. We will be in an area where there is reputed to be a huge cache of gold buried in 1837 by a Sierra Madre miner who needed to bury it in a hurry. That person was an actual historical figure and this treasure is real. He was fatally injured but before he died he sent a map to an acquaintance in St Louis. That person unsuccessfully tried to find the treasure so it probably is still there. What we want to know is, Does the map still exist? I have only minimal info on that party in St Louis so need someone who like puzzles and, ideally, know what your doing; marriage records, obits, etc. If any takers hope to hear from you. Thanks.
I live in st Louis. I very much enjoy research. Let me know if I can help!!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in st Louis. I very much enjoy research. Let me know if I can help!!!!
FYI. The thread is almost 3.5 years old and he hasn't logged in since 7/2/2020.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder now if that is how Mackaydon has gotten so much richer these last few years......uh huh:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread