Any leads on treasure in South Carolina?

Mobes

Oct 4, 2007
Westmont IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV

coda

Jun 29, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Detector(s) used
MXT
Im on my way to SC this spring to live for a while and I am also new to MDing. If you or I can ever get straight answers from the old timers, we might be able to put something together. I will be in Columbia.

Coda

BTW, Marion SC is home to Francis Marion of Marion's Partisans and one of the forefathers of Army Rangers. It may be something to look into.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
what part of sc ? -- there are many stories of interest in south carolina -- whats my end if I hook you up with some good info ?-- Ivan

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
knowledge isn't free -- see how much books and college classes cost lately ? :D ;D :D

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
IF they are serious Ivan, they will contact you privately and offer you 10% finders fee for anything substantial they will find. stvn.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Living in South Carolina and having been hunting and researching for several years now I can tell you that there ARE s few good stories for the state. However they are few and far between. Most common stories are of farmhouse and plantation caches due to banks and the civil war.
What to stay away from: Civil war lost and buried payrolls. Think about it. If you do ANY research on the civil war you know there wasn't a payroll lost or stolen in every town. Thats the way they make it look. There really wasn't that much money in the civil war. In fact, most all soldiers went home without a penny.
By the way, the wagon train Jefferson was moving for the Banks was recovered by the Union Army hidden in the woods. It was ALL accounted for. That tip alone will save you many hours of research and dead ends.
If your looking for someone to hunt with shoot me a pm. I have a few projects I'm working on here.
Good luck.
xXx

coda

Jun 29, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Detector(s) used
MXT
Gang,

No greed here, as I explained in a PM to Mobes. Im in it for the find. If something comes my way great, but no matter what I still know where the credit for the find goes and the eperience base that comes from it. Just to find it, dig it, and lay eyes upon it is reward enough. If thirst for riches, fame, and super secret squirrel poobah charter memebrship is required in this forum, then maybe Im in the wrong one. But, maybe Im seeing it wrong. Can a platinum member explain away my perception???

Coda

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
no all thats needed just a understanding that knowledge is indeed highly valuible -- and a willingness to share the finds in exchange for others telling you their knowledge of if it & where to look for it -- knowledge is often gained from hard work and "boring" research nither ones much fun -----so you can not expect something for nothing -- as the spanish say --"nada por nada , & nada por amore" --nothing for nothing and nothing for love -- in other words you gotta be willing to give something to get something -- no free rides. life 101 -- by the way I more than fair 10% is my standard fee for leads -- I get nothing at all in any way until you hit paydirt via my infomation that I provide you . Ivan

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
In Allendale county a train derailed in a swamp and was carrying a confederate payroll. This is
near rivers bridge state park.
Union payroll $100k to $200k is buried near Santee river close to Stephen. A union supply train was ambushed and the payroll confiscated. Later the small band of confederate soldiers were ambushed and all were killed in the battle, however the payroll was hidden while in battle, The union army searched for it, but it was not found.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
rockhound said:
In Allendale county a train derailed in a swamp and was carrying a confederate payroll. This is
near rivers bridge state park.
Union payroll $100k to $200k is buried near Santee river close to Stephen. A union supply train was ambushed and the payroll confiscated. Later the small band of confederate soldiers were ambushed and all were killed in the battle, however the payroll was hidden while in battle, The union army searched for it, but it was not found.
See what I mean?
xXx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread