The Lost Platinum Ledge of Death Valley

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seem to have read something about said treasure tale many years ago somewhere...Is there anyone around here who has any information on said story???I believe that it mentioned a cement looking ore that was platinum bearing somewhere in Death Valley...

I hope that someone around here can shed some light on this one...:notworthy::occasion14:

Happy New Year everyone...

Ed T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Might be the lost cement mine, but that was gold. A large group was guided to find it but, failed.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be the lost cement mine, but that was gold. A large group was guided to find it but, failed.

It is possible that cement mine was mentioned in the tale...Though I also believe that platinum ledge may have been stated in the story...It has been over 30 years since I read the treasure tale on said deposit so I am not really sure of any of it...I have read so many stories and tales of lost mines and treasure tales I might mix and blend more than one story together with another...I am just hoping that someone around here has some info on it...

Thanks for the reply Tiredman...

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF it is of any help...I believe that the tale stated the lost platinum ledge to be in Death Valley National Monument or Park specifically...Who can say for certain???It was so long ago and my memory is not as sharp as it once was...

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ya'll...I take it that most of you do not read the same materials as I...As a certain Don stated...I'll not beat a dead horse...This thread appears to be exactly that...

I think I'll leave this place for a while...After all...It appears that there are not many people interested in Platinum...I myself have found about all that I have ever really sought to find...Who else can claim that they have found: gold, silver, copper, platinum, and diamonds???I had a lot of fun searching for what I have found...And I hope that all of you who may be searching for, whatever it is that you are searching for, have lots of fun while you are doing so...

Ed T

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Well ya'll...I take it that most of you do not read the same materials as I...As a certain Don stated...I'll not beat a dead horse...This thread appears to be exactly that...

I think I'll leave this place for a while...After all...It appears that there are not many people interested in Platinum...I myself have found about all that I have ever really sought to find...Who else can claim that they have found: gold, silver, copper, platinum, and diamonds???I had a lot of fun searching for what I have found...And I hope that all of you who may be searching for, whatever it is that you are searching for, have lots of fun while you are doing so...

Ed T

I can say that, I have found gold, silver, copper, platinum and diamonds, as well as chromium, manganese, tin, tungsten, emeralds, sapphires, rubies, amethyst, and meteorites too. Who else can say that? However I see your point about not continuing the thread, apparently no one on here has any information about the lost platinum ledge of Death Valley, that they are willing to share!

Good luck and good hunting amigo, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
PS to anyone interested, you can pan platinum in the area around Goodnews Bay in Alaska, unfortunately virtually all of the platinum placer ground is under active mining claims so you would need to get permission or just work on the beach which can't be claimed.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is where one finds it Oro...And just about everyone can claim that they have found something...lol...I can make many claims myself...And I believe that I have the pudding to prove whatever it is that I claim...

I still believe that I have found the end of the rainbow of the cursum perficio...And I believe that it may be what may have been known as Guadalupe de Tayopa...But why should I even try to prove such claims???

One of these days I will retire in Mazatlan and I may even try to retrace my steps to said deposit...I am in no hurry...There is always tomorrow...Always tomorrow...lol...13 years and counting...

Ed T

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat legend. Now platinum is a native element and occurs in metallic form. It could occur or have been deposited with a limestone type cement looking deposit, but it will not look like cement. I never heard of that legend before. There is a minor amount of platinum on the west coast, a lot of times mixed in with gold deposits.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
It is where one finds it Oro...And just about everyone can claim that they have found something...lol...I can make many claims myself...And I believe that I have the pudding to prove whatever it is that I claim...

I still believe that I have found the end of the rainbow of the cursum perficio...And I believe that it may be what may have been known as Guadalupe de Tayopa...But why should I even try to prove such claims???

One of these days I will retire in Mazatlan and I may even try to retrace my steps to said deposit...I am in no hurry...There is always tomorrow...Always tomorrow...lol...13 years and counting...

Ed T

Can you remember the source where you read about this story? It might help if you can remember the magazine or book etc. Thanks in advance,
Roy

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you remember the source where you read about this story? It might help if you can remember the magazine or book etc. Thanks in advance,
Roy

I am not quite certain Oro...It was an article in some type of print...My memory is not as good as it was long ago...Though I do remember it was in print and not on the internet...I remember that I used to search for and read anything and everything I could find about Platinum and diamonds...I was obsessed with everything on said subject...

Oh well...I wish all of ya'll luck in any and all of ya'lls searches...Heck...For what it is worth...I even wish Paul luck in his searches...

And we all know that there is no chance that I have even tried my luck searching for such things in San Bernardino County CA either...lol...I am certain of one thing...Some lucky prospector just might stumble upon something in their searches...Wherever they decide to search...

Peace,

Ed T

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lost cement mine was named that because when you looked at it the mixture of small rocks,gravel, and gold looked like a piece of broken cement. Two brothers found it in CA and one died, the other couldn't find it again....or something like that.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lost cement mine was named that because when you looked at it the mixture of small rocks,gravel, and gold looked like a piece of broken cement. Two brothers found it in CA and one died, the other couldn't find it again....or something like that.

I have read a couple of articles about cement mines...I know that one of them is a gold mine located in CA...But I am pretty sure that I had read about a gray cement mine that was platinum bearing in, what was at the time, Death Valley National Monument...I was just wondering if anyone around here may have read the same story...Wherever the story may have been...I remember back in the day one had to read microfiche...lol...Those were the days...

Ed T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
In one of Thomas P Terry's older books he tells of a trip out west where he panned for platinum. It wasn't a paying operation but it was there. Off the top of my head it was Az or NM.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In one of Thomas P Terry's older books he tells of a trip out west where he panned for platinum. It wasn't a paying operation but it was there. Off the top of my head it was Az or NM.

azdave has claimed that he knows of someone who has mined pt in az so it may be possible that the area you mentioned is in az tiredman...I have heard of pt being found in many locations such as: az, ca, or, mt, nm, and as oro has mentioned alaska...

I have learned over time that it is where one finds it...I have mentioned online that IF I wanted to be rich, I believe that I could be a billionaire IF I could find the location of the diamond I found in NV or the Pt location that I have been to...But who can say for certain...I am a poor man and I will probably die a poor man...I have been where I have been and I have found what I have found..And I am certain of one thing...I can not claim with 100% certainty that I can return to said areas...But I can also claim with the same percentage of certainty that IF I doubt that I will ever be able to return to any of these areas, I doubt any prospector will ever be able to find these areas as well...lol

But who knows???Someone just might get lucky and find a diamond or platinum in their search for fun...Prospecting as a hobby was a very memorable time for me...I hope that all of you who enjoy said hobby enjoy your time in the hills...I too hope that one day I will be able to enjoy the time I have spent in the hills by passing along some of my knowledge to my kids...But that is not a certainty...They think that I am crazy...rofl :BangHead: :tongue3:

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we think treasure we are crazy.

The article I have in mind is pretty old...It stated that the platinum cement mine was/is located in Death Valley National Monument...It has been quite a while since Death Valley National Park has been called that...Heck...One of my old books that I have gleaned information from states that the Office Of Mineral Exploration provides funds for those searching for the strategic metal platinum...The book is an oldie but a goodie...lol

Ed T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Oddly it is called White's Cement Mine.
Kit Carson report.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions