CW Camp Spindletop

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi from Beaumont Tx area. I’m looking for info on the location of Confederate camp spindletop. I haven’t been able to find any maps and the info I have found is contradictory. I know the general area but not sure of the exact location. It’s probably has been hunted over pretty well or owned by chemical plants, but I am interested because my great great something grandfather was a doctor there in the Confederacy(Mansfield). All of the local libraries are closed for a while so that’s a no go. Any location info is appreciated. Thanks

Third Eye

Aug 15, 2020
Texas
Detector(s) used
For Now/White's Coin Master GT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi from Beaumont Tx area. I’m looking for info on the location of Confederate camp spindletop. I haven’t been able to find any maps and the info I have found is contradictory. I know the general area but not sure of the exact location. It’s probably has been hunted over pretty well or owned by chemical plants, but I am interested because my great great something grandfather was a doctor there in the Confederacy(Mansfield). All of the local libraries are closed for a while so that’s a no go. Any location info is appreciated. Thanks

LandSeig, I have access to large tract of west Spindletop land. Also a treasure hunter. Too bad W.T. Block isn't here to direct us or other old timers. My grandfather delivered the Perricone quadruplets who lived in south Beaumont near Spindletop at the time. Let's connect.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Latitude & Longitude: 30° 1' 36.18590000016", -94° 4' 51.40891999992"

Speaking of Beaumont, Texas, this is my Great Grandfather

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 7.37.48 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 7.37.48 AM.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
LandSeig

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey third eye, sorry for the delay i just saw the response to my thread. I think I saw something about them training out on the prairie to the west, so that sounds like it could be a good area.. We should get together sometime, I’m new to the whole forum thing so not sure how I should post contact info if your interested.

OP
OP
LandSeig

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks creskol for the coordinates, there is no telling the history that is buried around here that has been long forgotten. That is really neat that Dick Dowling is you grandfather, we were down at Sabine pass not to long ago at the battle site and the bravery of those men is absolutely awe inspiring. There are lot of lessons we could learn from that war that is no longer being taught.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread