HEADS UP!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
on purpose or by accident ? say casting a fishing pole? after my divorce . I chucked a white gold ring with native american style red and green stones in it that my ex gave me off the bridge into the ohio river while going between ohio and ky down I 75 while headed south years ago

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
I threw it on purpose.After I posted this I realized, I didn't wish that curse on anyone else,but it would be funny to see it posted here sometime in the future. :) WARNING: WEAR AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
HH!!GL!! PALEO

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
It could be worse, I got in a fight at my reception and lost mine. Hadn't had it more than an hour. The tux was proably more expensive to replace but I got nagged more about messing up the Brother in law. It was all foreshadowing of things to come. Water under the bridge, or Tybee Island pier as the case may be. Keep your head up sometimes Mrs.Wrong's departure makes room for Miss Right's arrival. Look on the bright side, you weren't wearing it when it hit the drink.

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Very true on the replies.I'm actually very relieved it ended,but I figure if the ocean can wash away mountains it can wash away pasts.Always keep our heads up,unless we're hunting. PALEO

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
There is a very strong under current at Tybee pier. People drown there all the time and not to mention, a lot people fishing too.

Sorry t ohear about your troubles, been there myself and thank GOD that nightmare is over.

BTW, email me, I just a good lead on a nice site in Savanah. I would hunt it myself but I am now up in Charleston.

S

sailrunner

I threw mine out of the car window doing 55 on I-75 back in 94. The best thing I have ever done in my life.. Hang in there, it only gets better.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
Always having had a rather poetic nature about me, I decided that instead of merely throwing away one's past from the window of a moving auto or off of a pier, or bridge, I would do something more symbolic of my past. I therefore hit upon the novel idea of flushing it down the toilet. With a few well placed tears coursing down my cheeks, I dropped the plain golden band into the water, observing a tiny uprushing jet as it hit and sank to the bottom. I tearfully bade my goodbyes and with a flourish, hit the lever.
Whoooooooooooshhhhhh! The water came rushing into the bowl, all a-torrent swirling round and round until at last, it picked up my wayward band as would the hand of God and sent it to it's journey downwards to the river Styx of sewage and other bodily wastes.
Imagine my utter suprise, when instead of receding, the cleansing waters of revival started to rise and fill the poreclain vessel with an uprising torrent. My cup quickly runneth over and with a final splash upon my new shoes, all suddenly become and deathly quiet, like a seething cesspool of death and destruction.
I immediately rang the plumber, whom after a thorough examination of the facility, used various arcane instruments to alleviate the vast pool which had accumulated in my bowl. Cheerfully, he held up the offending blackage and lo and behold, there was my wedding band, looking mush like a talisman of pain and sorrow.
He handed it back to me and with a sly grin, wrote me out a receipt for $150.00 US dollars. It was at that point that I decided to hang to onto the old battleaxe, for no more reason than try and extract $150.00 worth of painless and suffering from her worthless hide.
Your friend;
LAMAR
P.S. If it didn't happen just the way I described it, it should have.

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
HAHAHAHA!!!!! That's funny regardless of how it actually happened.Knowing my past with her that's how it would've happened to me if I flushed it,of course mine would've been after a BIG Thanksgiving size meal with my luck.Besides with the water quality here,I think it IS a giant toilet bowl.Thanks for the humor. PALEO

Thanks for the replies.I had a feeling I wasn't alone.Marriage seems to be a trend anymore.Oh well. HH!! GL!! PALEO

Aero,I'll email you.I haven't done too much hunting,mostly working.Good luck in Charleston though.You'll probably have no problem finding sites there.I was living in Greenville the year they discovered the Hundley.I never hunted anywhere up that way.
GL!! HH!! PALEO

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
PaleoHeadHunter:
Are you actually a "Paleo" * Type Person ?
I have the location of a Prehistoric Indian ( a, Mummified body) in a small cave in Ariz
Along with four whole undamaged pots w/covers ("skins" of course, they didn't have plastic back then) on them!
Interested... ???
I'll be out there this summer to photograph the "find"
Which I didn't do the last time!

* An actual trained and degree ?

Attachments

• Me\'n Bugs\'n Jeep.JPG
    Me\'n Bugs\'n Jeep.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 437
  • Me\'n Bugs\'n Jeep.JPG
    Me\'n Bugs\'n Jeep.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 447
OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
cptbil, Thanks for asking,but I'm not trained professionally.I've done all my own research through books and the internet.I don't do ANY kind of human research or collecting.I'm way too spiritual for that.I don't believe that human remains mummified or not should be disturbed from their final resting place.Especially BC Native.Not saying that modern should be,but the people before Christ I feel were connected stronger to the Higher Power due to lack of any books and religion to direct them.The pots I understand unless they're placed with the body,but even if you're trained.I don't think they should be touched.I like to ramble on and get off track so I better stop now,but thanks again for asking. GL!!HH!! PALEO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions