My Az Lost mine lead needs investigation

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North of Wickenburg, travel Hassayanpa. In 2004 I uncovered a hidden adit/mine entrance, believed to be a lost rich Gold mine. I couldn't enter at that time. I'm offering 50% of nothing to an honest prospectors whom will investigate it for me. Video documentation of surrounding area, types of rocks and minerals, and entry of mine leading to sampling and possible values recovery is important. I have a map and gps coordinates, the section is claimable and was open, the last time I checked. Anyone interested?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You understand this is one of THE most explored and prospected areas in Arizona, and that your "discovery" has been found and re-found hundreds of times? We have been playing in this area since I was 5-years old. There is NOTHING between Wickenburg and Prescott, left "undiscovered.":skullflag:

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You understand this is one of THE most explored and prospected areas in Arizona, and that your "discovery" has been found and re-found hundreds of times? We have been playing in this area since I was 5-years old. There is NOTHING between Wickenburg and Prescott, left "undiscovered.":skullflag:

It's still hidden, that's what makes it a lost Gold mine.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sincerely wish you the best of luck Dowser! I hope you're right, and that you hit the BIG vein! :occasion14:

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should go check it out, 50%. The 2 track is washed out, and it borders Hassayampa no mine zone. It can be climbed to..

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You aren't by chance related to RogerRantz? Calm down everyone, just a bit of levity.

In all seriousness, any pictures of the entrance?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No pics, except from above, cant see anything. When first discovered we thought we were on a tailing pile. The ground was all extremely vuggy dark colorful quartz, all around. Not knowing minerals I only saw quartz and colors. The entrance was small covered in rocks, next to all this quartz.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1890 the Walnut grove dam broke and the water rushed down and washed out the mining town at fool's canyon. Over 100 miners perished at 2 am. This mine is a short walking distance from there. The fact that it was covered up hidden,also makes it a candidate for a listed lost rich gold mine near there..

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No pics, except from above, cant see anything. When first discovered we thought we were on a tailing pile. The ground was all extremely vuggy dark colorful quartz, all around. Not knowing minerals I only saw quartz and colors. The entrance was small covered in rocks, next to all this quartz.

Just to clarify, you were physically at the mine entrance? And no one in your team took any pictures?

By "above" pictures, do you mean Google Earth?

If you were personally at the mine entrance, did you go into the mine, even for a short distance?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spotted the hidden entrance, rocks piled up concealing a 4 ft opening. Didnt have any camera nor flashlight nor gloves, was just out observing. Cactus needles prevented me from crawl entry. And it was a sunny day, we couldn't see 2 ft in even shading our eyes. Planned on returning, when I did I had lost it. I refound it on google earth years later.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnt know anything about mining or ore way back then. I watched many vids about it and learned much. But still haven't seen anyone post similar vuggy quartz like this has. It is also surrounded by other rich Gold mines in the area. Octave, O'Brian, Vulture. It definitely has a lot of hydrothermal activity associated with it.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spotted the hidden entrance, rocks piled up concealing a 4 ft opening. Didnt have any camera nor flashlight nor gloves, was just out observing. Cactus needles prevented me from crawl entry. And it was a sunny day, we couldn't see 2 ft in even shading our eyes. Planned on returning, when I did I had lost it. I refound it on google earth years later.

Ok, so we haven't been inside the mine at all, so we have no way of verifying anything inside the mine itself. Which means no gold has been found, no deposits seen and no samples taken or tested from inside the mine.

In 2004 I uncovered a hidden adit/mine entrance, believed to be a lost rich Gold mine.

On what do you base that it is believed to be a "Rich Gold Mine"? Based upon your above statements, you have absolutely no proof this is anything more then 1 of tens of thousands of abandoned mines in the area.

Respectfully, In order to get anyone to go in 50/50 with you on anything, you're going to have to put time aside to make another trip to the mine, document and map the inside of the mine, take and test samples and then, assuming sufficient gold ore is found in those samples, you can perhaps approach some investors and acquire a partner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I dont have any proof anything of values is in the mine. I'm going on questionable possibilities. Why cover an entrance other than to hide something. The nearby working miners perished. Its between Wickenburg and Peoples valley. A lost mine legend points there. I posted this assuming someone that lives in the area would be interested and check it out. It's not a big deal. If I lived 10 miles from supposed riches and someone offered 50% of possible wealth, i would go check it out. I would rather see for myself, only my treasure hunting schedule is getting booked up. I dont see making it till 2022.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure leads are a dime a dozen for me. There's one spot on Antelope creek near Stanton that has some values, just 1 spot in that whole Gold creek. There's a spot off Rincon rd, about a mile N of Wickenburg, which needs rechecking. It was claim marked when I discovered it, left without sampling. It was an old deteriorated claim posting, probably expired. Doubt the claim owner has a clue what's really their. They might not have the proof and facts most people need to believe, but they truly are legitimate leads. I have many self created leads. Just trying to pass some on. When I do show back up in the area, if anyone wants to join me on the exploration let me know.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to subscribe to the Mining journal in the early 2000's. Always checked out the classifieds. I remember seeing the O'Brian mine go up for sale. Then a year or two later the couple that bought it had a front page pic of tables stacked with Gold bars. They scraped the surface in front of the mine with a dozen and discovered basically solid Gold. That mine is close to this. Does anyone remember that artical. How cool was that..

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A lot of the mines i've come across have covered entrances. It wasn't uncommon for mining companies to backfill the entrances for safety reasons. Many have holes from people who came along later and uncovered small holes to go inside and check them out. Also, many of the mines i come across have their entrances partly covered from falling rock and erosion above.

Put together a team and make a road trip and document it and we'll be excited to see the results!

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have any info on this? Just past fools canyon, Hassayampa. 130 long and 40 feet wide.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201030-100702_Earth.jpg
    Screenshot_20201030-100702_Earth.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_20201030-100636_Earth.jpg
    Screenshot_20201030-100636_Earth.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 81
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how its mine related, there is mines close by. Look at the trail cut into the side if the mtn. Maybe a fort?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201031-062632_Earth.jpg
    Screenshot_20201031-062632_Earth.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 63

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Following the original miner looming digs to primary ore deposit is how you find a gold mine not with bits of wire . That's a load of fantasy TP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread