"lost german miner miner" or someones mine

palmercanyonsavant

May 5, 2005
claremont So. call area
Detector(s) used
Garretts AT_PRO ,
"lost german miner miner" or someones mine

Years ago I had been hiking into the san gabriel mountain range with a late start in the day I found myself still hiking at 2 am in the mornining ,really tired I decided to go over the ridge and take a short cut back towards Mt. baldy . When I got to the ledge in the shadows I thought I saw a bear standing tall so to startle him away from my area I threw a rock "PATINGGGG" something rang out I went closer only to find a double wood burning stove with enamle dishes and saucer and cup stiil
on top I quickly grabbed the cup and saucer threw it in my backpack found a mine next to that area left to never find it again. :(

JPS

Jul 1, 2005
Re: "lost german miner miner" or someones mine

Hi,

There is a story by Big Bear about a lost mine.
Check CA treasure books.

OP
OP
palmercanyonsavant

palmercanyonsavant

May 5, 2005
claremont So. call area
Detector(s) used
Garretts AT_PRO ,

well it was not lost I was , I found the location by climbing up a steep cliff at 2 am in the morning and not thinking clearly found a different way off the mountain , it was not until later I found the web sight and with pics of the stove and location of the stuff.

It was the "stanly miller mine" see attached link or cut and paste. this is a very good web site.

Until I found this site I was sure nobody knew of the mine I found, shows to go ya .... I was a little backwards.... it is well known..... just not visited much

http://www.lagoldmines.com/index.php?page=480508.txt

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad the story took the turn it did! :hello2: Glad it wasn't a bear (probably not as much as you!). Glad also to hear you made it out safe.

One more reason I like to carry my GPS I can pop a waypoint for later. Now all I gotta do is get the time to get back to all those 1,186 places I found interesting stuff at::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread