Tehachapi,Calif.,Cache Creek Indian Road/$gold coin buried

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
According to the legend,by Indians, a wagon train was ambushed looted and burned. Dureing the looting the Indians found and buried twenty dollar gold pieces,near a spring in Horse canyon. This spring is close to a large Indian cave,not far from the canyon. I plan on looking for this cache of coins when the weather gets better. Anyone with more imfo. on this lead,and wants to post for all to see,please do. :)

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Hey Treas.tale, I dont have a fixed date,and not much other imfo., other than a map,and some key points I left out of my original post. I figure its worth a look,since Im not that far from the location. I"m thinking if I can locate the cave,it might produce some positive finds. Hell ,1 twenty dollar gold piece would be worth my efforts,always possible the Indians might have stashed guns also. True, the site could have already been picked clean,no way to know,with looking though,thanks for your post.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey it couldnt hurt. Good Luck.....aa

JoshR$

Feb 10, 2024
According to the legend,by Indians, a wagon train was ambushed looted and burned. Dureing the looting the Indians found and buried twenty dollar gold pieces,near a spring in Horse canyon. This spring is close to a large Indian cave,not far from the canyon. I plan on looking for this cache of coins when the weather gets better. Anyone with more imfo. on this lead,and wants to post for all to see,please do. :)
What year did this happen I'm try to find old maps from that time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread