PANCHO VILLAS GOLD IN SOUTH TEXAS

coon007

May 24, 2005
South Texas
PANCHO VILLA'S GOLD IN SOUTH TEXAS

Hello
I'am looking to see if theres any body in South Texas who has heard anything on pancho villa crossing the rio grande various times near San Yignacio Texas and rumored to have buried either wagon loads or chest loads of mexican gold and silver near where there was a chapel I have located and its on private land I have secured permission to check it out hopefully it is true as I have seen the remains of the chapel and also the remains of old san ygnacio, Texas and old san ygnacio on the mexican side of the river I was thinking of taking the old fisher m-scope or even buy the new garrett gti with the treasure hound attachment that should reach the caches. If anybody has heard the same please let us know. I don't think ol pancho would mind if I take a little of his gold. ;D

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: PANCHO VILLA'S GOLD IN SOUTH TEXAS

I Grew up in South Texas. I have never heard of pancho Villa coming over to the U.S. Except when he was doubled crossed by the "GREENGOS". The story goes that the U.S. Government was secretly supplying pancho villa with guns and ammo to over throw the Mexican Government in place at that time. When Villa had almost succeeded the U.S. cut off all aid to Pancho villa. Then the story goes that the U.S. Government afford to help Mexico against the "Bandidios"and help rebuild Mexico's Government. Pancho Villa then feeling Double crossed waged war against the U.S. soldiers. He and his men would cross the Rio Grande , Raid the camps and take their guns and ammo. I have heard that Pancho Villa buried treasure in different places especially La Sierra Madre Mexico. Maybe San Ignacio Texas is one of them. Why would he bury treasure in Greengo territory when his strength was in Mexico. Regardless If you need help I got a pulse Star II for deep Cache Searches and Live in South Texas.These are stories I have heard Living Along the Border. Don"t know if they are accurate. Hope They Help You.

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III

I have a treasure tale of the Church burying some valuable artifacts along the Rio Grande River at an old mission. But everything that I have found about it indicates that the Rio Grande has changed it's course so much that the old mission and village long ago was eroded away.

Rich

OP
OP
coon007

coon007

May 24, 2005
South Texas

hello all
i think you maybe right victorio if he did bury any gold he would have done it on the mexican side but you never know I have bowfished the rio grande form near to laredo tx as possible all the way down to falcon tx or falcon lake dam and i have seen the the remains of old san ygnacio, old guerrero, and other smaller towns and I have never jumped boat into mexico and md but it sure makes me want to try it ;D but with the lake down iam happy with the old zapata and old falcon sites which have proved extremely great to me in coins and jewlery. But now to concentrate all my efforts on the church and the rivers edge. hopefully i'll see some glitter at the bottom of the hole.

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500

Howdy there.
The Texas Alminac has a few stories of Ponco V.'s buryed treasure in Texas and there is a few of them.
Check them out online.
And I have a Fisher CZ70 with a 12 in coil, need any help halling out the treasure ;D give me a holler I'm right up the road near Austin :)

Red

OP
OP
coon007

coon007

May 24, 2005
South Texas

hello all

I just made up my mind and i'am going to get the gti 2500 with the tresure hound attachments and going to go check out that mission and the rivers edge ;D anybody who wants to come down is invited as for now till i get the new MD i'am headed to old falcon tx the lake is now low enough that part off the town and the old cementary is huntable, but i have really high hopes on that old church producing some good stuff. :o

OP
OP
coon007

coon007

May 24, 2005
South Texas

hello all
I couldn't resist working the rivers edge and the church sunday in the afternoon so I went out to check it out and after awhile working then church I only found some small religous relic's and a few old pennies and one dime then i went following an old cow trail leading towards the river and some yards from the church and 3 yards from the trail to my left I hit something rather large with my gtp 1350 well all I got to say now is that the bars are not gold but of the silver kind.I placed my order for a garrett 2500 with the hound attachments and can't wait I'am not going to say who, what or where and the one of the bars is being checked out by jewler as to its purity and weight. I will post a pic off that same bar when i get it back today. so looks like some legends are really ture

dam i'am happy

OP
OP
coon007

coon007

May 24, 2005
South Texas

hey all
your right shhhhh dave45 it turned out to be ingots of beautiful lead ;) so i'am posting no pic's ;) cause there is nothing to see

dam i'am really happy ;D

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State

any find is a good find, just have to be careful if any of you out there that finds anything of value you may not have it long if uncle sam finds out, its not we the people anymore its we in control we who own your ass, I know that doesnt sound good I love my country but the people in control make laws in there own interests
good luck next time coon007 ;)

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

I never heard of HIM! hidding gold in the U.S.!
But!
It is a fact that he did lose :-\ a good sum of gold coins on this side of the Border!
I am sure that all of you researchers, know the story of what happened and how he came to lose the Gold Coins....?
:D Right???
:'( It's never been recovered, that I have heard of! :'(

USMCRedHat

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2006

Coon007,

Yes, Poncho Villa did cross the border and leave some loot behind! The story goes like this; Pancho cached alot of his treasure in the Sierra Madres of Mexico BUT considering he might want to "retire" in the U.S. he decided to drop a portion here. Legend says he did so in the Franklin Mountains of El Paso, Texas right close to Mexico. He had one of his captains stash the cache for him in a canyon that he had already picked out. This Captain and six men made the journey with burro's loaded with GOLD the exact amount is not known. They crossed the border not far from Ysleta and to the west and entered the Franklins. Following his instructions, the captain and six men found the canyon where poncho told them to bury the gold. The captain paced off the exact steps the map told him to then had the men dig the hole. When they had finished placing the bags of gold into the hole, the captain took a rifle and shot each of the six men dead their bodies falling over the gold and then the dirt thrown on top to start a lost treasure tale. Next the captain wrote the word "Oro" on a rock close to the treasure site just as Poncho had told him to do and then he left.
The captain returned to Poncho who thanked him for his service. Later that night Poncho gave him his reward for this service when he sent three of his men who cut the captains throat. This of course made Poncho the only person alive that knew of the location of the treasure site. Pancho was never to collect his treasure as he was machine gunned down in Parral and the gold was forgotten until the discovery of papers by C.F. Degner in 1932 which had been written by Poncho and mentioned Villa's buried treasure.
Anyway, there is only one that I know of that had come across it but actually didn't know what he had stumbled on. He uncovered the bones of the buried men but thinking they it was a grave he went no further and covered the site and left, this was sometime in the 40's. Later in the 1950's he heard about the papers found by C.F. Degner and remembering the site he had come across attempted to relocate the grave but never could. Thats the story, of Pancho Villa's lost treasure still out there waiting for somebody to uncover it. Hope this helps.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HIO: Why and where did these stories originate? Pancho was broke at the end, this is one of the reasons that he crossed the borderand shot up the town, to recoup his losses.

His supposed legal wife / widow, Lupe, was so broke that she had to have a gov't pension. If anyone knew of any treasures buried by Pancho it would have been her, yet??

Don Jose de La Mancha

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Jose,

My sentiments exactly!

Coon,

There are four names you MUST be VERY WARY of when dealing with ANY story relating to Mexico:

Pancho Villa, Emiliano Zapata, Emperor Maximillian, and Joaquin Murrietta (Murrietta is mainly a California deal). Whenever you here a treasure story concerning any of those four people, you should immediately ask for evidence of the story. There are countless tall tales about those four having buried fortunes all over the place. The only stories I would give any credence to are Maximillian (South Texas) and Murrietta (California). The problem with even those two (whose treasure were KNOWN 100% to have existed), is that there have been a million stories, and nobody knows which few have any truth to them.

The best story I know about Villa has nothing to do with money, but deals with rifles and pistols. It is a hoard that is 100% known to exist (In Davies Valley right on the Mexican Border in SoCal). Earle Stanley Gardner (Perry Mason Author) spent a lot of the 1950s searching that valley in vehicles and in helicopters. The Treasure Hunter George Mrockowski (merch-cow-ski) is shown in a picture holding one of the pistols.

Best,

Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HIO GOLLY mi buddy:

Regarding Poncho and arms, I knew a former Capt that served under Poncho. He told me that after the revolution Poncho ordered him to take enough arms, ammunition, a few small field pieces, some Gatling and modern machine guns, and explosives to equip a few Batallions of men to a cave in the upper reaches of the Rio Yaqui in Chihuahua and hide them.. He did as ordered, closed the cave up, then dispersed the troops that had helped him.

I asked him why did they let the troops go since life meant very little in those days? That as soon any of them got drunk, the whole world would know of the materiel.

H simply replied, "yes, that was precisely why Poncho specifically ordered him to let the men go", he knew that they would talk, but that no-one could find the cave again since it was well hidden by the Capt and two trusted men after the other had left.

"Poncho said that if the gov't knew that he had enough arms and equipment hidden, the
Gov't would listen to him in the future, but without this he would become just another no body has been from the Reveloution".

He was correct, so the gov't had him assinated in Parral, they used rifles, no machine guns, and apparently Pancho never did get to fire a return shot. He and his body guard were killed too quickly.

I originally intended to go there with the Capt. and the data that he had given me, but just at that time the President signed an Executive order, which was illegal under the constitution, but which nevertheless became enforced and the rights of the Mexican citizen have firearms disappeared over night. It would have been stupid to have been caught with the contnets of the cave.

I did want those Brass 45-70 Gatling guns though, sigh, perhaps some day?.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

Real de Tayopa said:
HIO GOLLY mi buddy:

Regarding Poncho and arms, I knew a former Capt that served under Poncho. He told me that after the revolution Poncho ordered him to take enough arms, ammunition, a few small field pieces, some Gatling and modern machine guns, and explosives to equip a few Batallions of men to a cave in the upper reaches of the Rio Yaqui in Chihuahua and hide them.. He did as ordered, closed the cave up, then dispersed the troops that had helped him.

I asked him why did they let the troops go since life meant very little in those days? That as soon any of them got drunk, the whole world would know of the materiel.

H simply replied, "yes, that was precisely why Poncho specifically ordered him to let the men go", he knew that they would talk, but that no-one could find the cave again since it was well hidden by the Capt and two trusted men after the other had left.

"Poncho said that if the gov't knew that he had enough arms and equipment hidden, the
Gov't would listen to him in the future, but without this he would become just another no body has been from the Reveloution".

He was correct, so the gov't had him assinated in Parral, they used rifles, no machine guns, and apparently Pancho never did get to fire a return shot. He and his body guard were killed too quickly.

I originally intended to go there with the Capt. and the data that he had given me, but just at that time the President signed an Executive order, which was illegal under the constitution, but which nevertheless became enforced and the rights of the Mexican citizen have firearms disappeared over night. It would have been stupid to have been caught with the contnets of the cave.

I did want those Brass 45-70 Gatling guns though, sigh, perhaps some day?.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Friend R de T, I read once that there is only one known missing gatling gun. If that is true your friend must have been talking about the french and german versions of the gatling gun. Either way it would be a dandy find and very valuable. best regards, siegfried schlagrule

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The guns I am talking about were from a "Gun Deal Gone Bad" at the border. A rancher saw a way to make some extra money, by selling rifles and pistolas to Pancho. He bought several cases of each, and made the deal. He had them hidden in a cave in Davies Valley (South of Interstate 8 right at the border). When Pancho's men came for them, he would take the money, and send a couple of his men (as insurance) and a map. When the weapons were recovered, the men would be released. There was a gunfight (I believe someone tried to get the maps with paying), and the only people who knew where the guns were got killed.

The receipt for the weapons, and a single pistol are still in existence. They are there somewhere. Tough to get in there. The BLM and Border Patrol won't allow any motor traffic into Davies Valley, as it runs right into Mexico, and is ALWAYS in use by Illegals and Drug Mules. They sweep the roads so they can see the footprints of anybody going that way. Not a good place to hang out. DEFINITELY would not camp out there!

Best,

Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hola Siegfreid: I have never heard that only one Gatling gun was lost? As a matter of fact a gentleman near here also has one from the rev, oiled and wrapped in a greased cow hide buried on his ranch. His father had it. He offered it to me, but I can just see me spending the next 71 years in the Mexican Hilton for illegal possesion of an auto weapon, I would mss my upcoming 150 th birthday party.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. You will be there no?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread