The Lue Treasure and Karl Von Mueller

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Hello,

Has anyone out there read The Treasure of the Valley of Secrets by Karl Von Mueller aka Deek Gleason. If you have I would love to here about what it says about the the location of the Lue Treasure. I know the book is rare and worth a small fortune. So if you have read it or own it please get back to me.

Thanks
Daryl Friesen
Spindle Explorations
www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping to see replies.

::)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are other books I'd add to the list given in the link above.
---any book by Frank Fish
---any book by Apache Jim Wilson

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daryl Friesen said:
Hello,

Has anyone out there read The Treasure of the Valley of Secrets by Karl Von Mueller aka Deek Gleason. If you have I would love to here about what it says about the the location of the Lue Treasure. I know the book is rare and worth a small fortune. So if you have read it or own it please get back to me.

Thanks
Daryl Friesen
Spindle Explorations
www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen

Karl's Treasure of the Valley of Secrets was based on the very rare book, 'The Scarlet Shadow', by Walter Hurt, copyright 1909.

The Scarlet Shadow is available in digital format, free, at:

http://books.google.com/books?id=wB...oi=book_result&ct=result#v=onepage&q=&f=false

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods

[SIZE=-1]Follow Ups - Post Followup - Current Messages - FAQ - Your Ad Here[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Re: The LUE[/SIZE]
September 05, 2001 at 12:23:34
In Reply to: Re: The LUE
posted by Richard Walburn on March 29, 2001 at 18:38:14
"The Treasure of the Valley of Secrets" has nothing to do with the LUE.
TofVS is in two parts. The first is Karl's narrative of his search. The second is a reprint of the significant portion of Walter Hurt's rare book "The Scarlet Shadow."
I knew Karl. I've read almost everything he wrote. I know what type of person he was. Anyone who bad mouths him after he's gone and unable to defend himself (1) Is a coward; and (2) Didn't know him. Period.
Karl is the father of the treasure hunting hobby so many people enjoy today. He took the business of professional treasure hunting (still going strong, and for obvious reasons you aren't going to read about that here or probably anywhere else) and brought it to the common person. Many people within the profession thought Karl told too many secrets. The fact is that there is plenty for all, because there aren't all that many people willing to put in the time and money it takes to be successful.
Any person who wants to become a treasure finder should read - in order - "Sudden Wealth," "Treasure Hunter's Manual #6," "Treasure Hunter's Manual #7," "The Master Hunter Manual," and "The Encyclopedia of Buried Treasure Hunting."
Good luck to all!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karl wrote many times that the best books on treasure hunting does not have these two words in it's title. He was a great teacher, and a great treasure hunter. God bless him.

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Sam,

Yes, Karl was the BEST!! His book inspired me in this over 30 years ago!!

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Daryl,

Good thread. A favorite treasure of mine to hunt.

I sent you a PM about the TSOV book. I have a couple copies of it. I hope you find it helpful.

Patrick

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

In regard to TOTVOS in it is a great clue that took 6 times to read it before I saw it. In Randy Bradford's Presentation on the LUE by Terry Carter there is the same clue but you have to listen to it to really understand it. The LUE is there you only have to use common sense.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all,

In regard to TOTVOS in it is a great clue that took 6 times to read it before I saw it. In Randy Bradford's Presentation on the LUE by Terry Carter there is the same clue but you have to listen to it to really understand it. The LUE is there you only have to use common sense.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

National Prospectors Gazette volume 1 Examino Looks at Books is an enjoyable part of my free time currently. I have read volume 2 already. Randy has put Karl's material back out there.

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have read the book several times--years ago. I no longer have a copy of the book as my house burned down. Did you have specific questions.?

Treasure of the Valley of Secrets is about the training of an Army to over throw the Government of the United States in the late 1800's.
Two unusual factors about this army is in the 1800's they planned to use "air assault" and they had " semi-automatic rifles"--if one could find
one of their rifles from 1800's it may be worth a fortune. The Army was destroyed by a " Goose" --joking--maybe it was a patriotic Goose--a Goose was the
Hero which saved our republic.

The Explosion--resulted in the uncovering of a "Cave of Gold" which the high ranking --officials from Denver , Colorado looted. Possibly they could not take all
the Gold and there is still more in the tunnel--which is West of Trinidad, Colorado--Barton

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Treasure of The Valley of Secrets sounds kinda out there - like Nazis on the Moon !

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Karl Von Mueller was probably the foremost authority on the LUE treasure / map--with his death much of it's secrets of it's rediscovery died with him.

Karl Von Mueller said the LUE treasure map contained 11 treasures--possibly the largest cache of all caches. They ran from Colorado down to Mexico.
Not counting alternate sites--they basically ran along the Longitude line of 105 degrees, 12.5 minutes The Original discovery site was south of Eagles Nest, NM.

I believe he said Dr. Arnold Kojernew ( spelling not correct ) was seen at sites in both New Mexico and Old Mexico along this line of 105 Longitude doing mapping and Photographing the Spanish / Jesuit markers.

While Karl said some of the caches were placer gold and some were silver, the majority was all gold bullion. The cache South of Eagles nest was in a field in a grid pattern--and each hole had about 400 pounds of gold. Another Lue Site was near Las Vegas, New Mexico.

Montana Larry Campbell told me he saw Karl have to unload bars of gold out of his pick up truck one night to get across a small ditch--as the truck was so heavily loaded down--
once across the ditch they reloaded the gold bars.

One thing you can say about Karl was he was a man of Dignity, Honor and Integrity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread