44.7 KB · Views: 932

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure would like to find one of them cannons. I have been to this site which is now a park. They have a nice campground. I think that it is against their rules to Metal Detect on the park property but I do know that they have organized digs from time to time. The problem with searching the banks of the river is that it's approx. a 50+/- feet straight drop to the water. Thanks for posting this article.
Ed

salvage diver

Feb 11, 2012
Montgomery, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites-DFX & Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been here several times, stayed in the camp ground for two months. The main problem is that the guy in charge out there is a class A -JERK!! I actually offered to look for the cannons, just to find them then he could keep them for all I cared. He has 27 different reasons why they are gone but he swears they are not there and says that they cant be in the water because it was dredged out several years ago. There is a 50 ft drop to the waters edge with a swift current and deep water. I think they are there but he will not let anyone look and has not let anyone try for the 20-30 yrs he has been there. He is also a proponent of legeslature that prohibits treasure hunters from digging anything anywhere, and everything ever found should be donated to the state or simply left alone not touched. This site should just be striken from thr "to do" list (at least until he lightens up or gets replaced)
P.S. I never detected when I was there, I didnt even own a detector but he still questioned me about looking for arrowheads which I wasnt. I was actually riding my Mountain Bike. He and I never argued and never even came close, I just talked to him and he talked at me.

fireman4youu

Oct 11, 2006
Millbrook, AL
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know where they are, however its Private property, and as soon as it comes up it becomes States property.. I know the guys who found them in 84. We talked the other day, Great guy.

salvage diver

Feb 11, 2012
Montgomery, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites-DFX & Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife worked with the lady who owns from tho post office to the fort well her and her brother. They are super nice people. Probably the same people you know.
Hey Fireman4you. Are you off later in the week next week? If so txt me and lets go dig up something.

fireman4youu

Oct 11, 2006
Millbrook, AL
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
salvage diver said:
My wife worked with the lady who owns from tho post office to the fort well her and her brother. They are super nice people. Probably the same people you know.
Hey Fireman4you. Are you off later in the week next week? If so txt me and lets go dig up something.

Ill be off tues and thur of this week comming up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread