OP
OP
XL-PRO PRO

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
Alabear;See Riverrats post(the legend of keel mountain)Feb 22 2008 for full details!! D

flodiver

Greenie
Feb 21, 2008
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hey that was good! I could't get the post open fast enough. I know of the story. I also have access to 40 acres on Keel mountain - but that's a pretty small part of Keel mountain. I'm ready to go looking tho'

Mu uncle owns the land and has always lived at the base of the mountain in Gurley. He said has heard of it since he was a child in the 1950's

Shaun

-lecroix-

Sep 2, 2008
I'm in Athens and used to work with some folks from out towards Keel Mountain and have heard the tales.

If you need some help looking on your Uncle's land, let me know ... I'm always up for a new adventure. ;D

Kevenater

Jan 10, 2007
Cullman, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I'm in too!!!!!!! I've read about it several times online and watched it on some tv show, can't remember which. I have a friend that lives on the top of keel mtn and her family has some land. She said there is a club up there that actively searches for it on a regular basis. If anybody get's serious about going up there let me know and maybe we can all get together sometime!!

Keven

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO
I would love to be in on something like myself. I'm not so much as interested in finding lost gold as I would be just tromping through the woods. I used to work on a survey crew before I retired and I kind of miss it.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
flodiver said:
Hey that was good! I could't get the post open fast enough. I know of the story. I also have access to 40 acres on Keel mountain - but that's a pretty small part of Keel mountain. I'm ready to go looking tho'

Mu uncle owns the land and has always lived at the base of the mountain in Gurley. He said has heard of it since he was a child in the 1950's

Shaun

for what it is worth, the treasure is only in a small area so you should look for it on that land. I am willing to come help :wink:

Chiefmeister

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live on Keel Mountain, and have spent time reading the story while studying a topo map. Geographic references sound good and match up. Now to get the metal detector fixed........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread