Spanish silver hoard found in 1983 tucson az..Maybe more!

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Spanish silver hoard found in 1983 tucson az..Maybe more!

I found this info online,im just to far away to look for it,but its the kind of treasure i dream of finding in my area,just thought i would pass it on..I hope someone in Az. area will look into it,and keep us posted.....Goodluck,relic You will notice that they carry the mark of the Jesuits (Cross with "V"), and the name "KINO" As in Padre Eusebbio Kino. These were part of a hoard recovered when a man in 1983 found approximately three hundred pounds of gold and silver SouthWest of Tuscon, Az. He gave the story to "Treasure: magazine, in three separate articles , over three years. Like an idiot, he allowed his picture to be included in one of the articles holding some bars.

Somebody who he rubbed the wrong way, acknowledged his identity to the IRS (Internal revenue Service), who, in turn went after the man, and took everything he had. He never found out who it was that ratted him out, so he doesn't know who he can trust. Supposedly there is a lot more treasure where he found the first, but he won't go to the area any more for fear of being under surveillance.

Attachments

• kinosilverbarsp1vb2.jpg
    kinosilverbarsp1vb2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 2,457

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: Spanish silver hoard found in 1983 tucson az..Maybe more!

He dug it all up. This story has been around forever.

DSRTXJ

Jun 3, 2008
Palm Springs, Ca

Hmmmm... I have seen these pictures before, but can't exactly place it in my head right now...

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

RELICDUDE07 said:
Djui5 you sound like you have searched the area well,where is it at?..Some of the others may want to give it a try also....Relicdude

I haven't searched anything. The guy in the pictures dug all the treasure up already.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona

I do believe that I have that issue. :icon_study: : not sure. hey ask cptbill??? :o

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

RELICDUDE07 said:
I bet tons of silver and gold are still in the old mission areas ,goodluck to all in AZ..

What is that document from?

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Seriously, why do you keep posting these pictures? This treasure is well known and has been talked about here many times.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I didn't mean for you to take them down, I was just curious why you kept posting them without talking about anything. Seemed strange to me.

AzExplorer

Feb 22, 2005

I missed the pics, any links?

I have been looking for the magazine issues it was in.

Looks like goos reading!

THANKS

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

Its not going to do me much good to talk about it,im in florida,i was posting some info on the spanish missons . I think if i was in Az. i could find about 500 sites worth looking into....The treasure was found near Tumacacori, look at all the old maps ,and study the history.You will find the relics are where the history took place.Azexplorer,im not sure what issue it was posted in ,i found it on line.... Goodluck relicdude.

Attachments

• silver ingots.jpg
    silver ingots.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 2,165
  • Tumacacori.jpg
    Tumacacori.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 2,390
  • Tumahighlight.jpg
    Tumahighlight.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 4,374
  • symbols.jpg
    symbols.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,552
OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

Also ,i would check this area very good. This is the marks the silver had on them,not sure if it was at tumacacori.People say things to keep others off the trail....Goodluck :thumbsup:

Attachments

• marks on silver.jpg
    marks on silver.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,426

AzExplorer

Feb 22, 2005

THANKS!!

BTW what are those maps and mission info from? A book?

Thanks again!!

AzExplorer

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

STOP STOP STOP

No, those are two completely different subjects.

The first two bars are not just silver. They are 40% Gold and 60% Silver. The story goes, that they were a gift from Eusebio Kino to a Yaqui Indian Family around the time of his death in 1711. The two (AND ONLY TWO) bars were passed down through the years, until the last surviving member of the family (a man named "Donkey") sold them to a guy Southern Arizona in 1947. This guy, then loaned them to the Arizona Mining and Minerals Museum to display. I am not certain of the exact date, but I believe that sometime in the late 1960s, ownership was transferred to a gentleman who lives in Tucson, Arizona, and is an engineer for Boeing (Unless he says it's okay, I won't give his name, sorry). The bars are currently for sale, but at an exorbitant price.

The black and white pics you posted are from one of my earlier posts. They show a man whom I won't name, but have gotten to know pretty well over the last year or so, during the recovery of approximately 82 pounds of almost pure gold bars from a cache in Southern Arizona. The recovery happened in 1986 (there will be a retelling of the story with more details oin the near future, I will keep you posted).

Best-Mike

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

Thats good news. Im glad someone is on the trail.I would never trust everything someone tells me about where they found treasure ,until i found some myself ;D People say things,they dont want everyone in their goldmine .Keep us posted

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Relicdude,

What is the map reference# for the first one? The red one is the Nicolas De Fer Map from 1620. I don't know what the first one is. It should have a number like ct020003.

Thanks-Mike

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee

I know someone with one of the silver kino bars that lives in Phoenix

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread