Stagecoach Stop

Sep 7, 2009
I am a new member and posted my topic in the "General Discussion" and forgot I could post it in the "Select Your Area" section. I live in Pinal County, Arizona and I was wondering if anyone in Arizona, ever heard of a Stagecoach Stop by the name of "Blue Water Station". It was suppose to be near Picacho Pass Stagecoach Station, back in the late 1860s to around 1880s.

Wizzard

May 3, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab Quattro
Doing a 'Goggle Search', over 10 pages of information popped up.

From one article:
"At Blue Water Station, 14.9 miles from the Picacho Station, Captain Calloway planned his next move, the vital move which if properly conducted by two of his subordinates, would cut off the line of retreat of the Confederate pickets posted at the Picacho Pass Station, capturing the pickets by surprise, thus being able to march to Tucson surprise the Confederate Garrison there and capture them intact. Picacho Station was located 14.9 miles south and west from Blue Water Station.
"
BATTLE OF PICACHO PASS[/b]

froggy

Jan 18, 2008
Canyon Del Oro, Arizona
Local Stage Stop Located NW of the Pichaco Mountains.
Near: N 32° 49.398 W 111° 26.142

"Stage Station and Homestead"

In 1879 the Southern Pacific Mail and Stage Line Company built a one room adobe station and mesquite corral. It was a horse changing and water stop on the route from the station at Pichaco for passengers going to Florence and beyond.

In 1913, rancher Juan Verdugo recorded it as a homestead; in 1917 he added a room and raised the roof. About the same time a ranch school was built to the north. In 1920 the property returned to the state. Later, area ranchers leased the land, using the building as bunkhouses and storage until the late 1980's.

Today you can still see the stage stop, the school building and the corral. The corral is still being used today!

Some caution may be required in this area as it is open grazing land. (ie cattle and what they leave behind.) It is also State Land.

IrvFerguson

Jun 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picacho Stage Coach

I am a new member and posted my topic in the "General Discussion" and forgot I could post it in the "Select Your Area" section. I live in Pinal County, Arizona and I was wondering if anyone in Arizona, ever heard of a Stagecoach Stop by the name of "Blue Water Station". It was suppose to be near Picacho Pass Stagecoach Station, back in the late 1860s to around 1880s.
The Ruins or Foundations of it are South of the R.R. tracks. the Stage Coach that is commented above "listed as home stead" is another stage coach up the stage coach route from Picacho stage coach. old timers know about this place when i find the exact details will let you know where it is. it will be south of the Tracks near the town of Picacho. its not the stagecoach nw of Picacho that is a different one. its funny I just asked a friend of mine who is an old imter where it is and he is explainging to me where it is. He says its nothing but a foundation now. now walls. :-) sincerely Irv.

Dayna2014

Sep 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot to see at the old Picacho stage stop. If you know where Eloy Az and Hwy 287, your near by it. If you are on Hwy 287, you want to take Houser rd east for about 2.5 miles at the stop sign go left. You go about 1.5 mile and the road will run in to a dead end. Take the dirt road on the left and follow it a round the canal. When you come a round the canal and pass over the bridge you will see the ruins to your left.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A
Sep 7, 2009
I started asking for information about Blue Water Station, back in Oct of 2009 and still looking for the location of this station. I know the location of the home stead of Juan Verdugo, this is not the Blue Water station, this is a completely different station. The Stage traveled Southeast direction from Sacaton Station to Oneida Station, which was 11 miles away to Blue Water Station, which was 10 miles away, then to Picacho Station, which was 14.9 miles away. The home stead of Juan Verdugo is about 7 miles northwest of Picacho Station, this is why I think this is not Blue Water Station. Hope someone has some information on this. Any info on this will be very much appreciated, Thanks

azdave

Dec 12, 2014
southern AZ
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Verdugo homestead and school are NOT Bluewater Sta.
I use to have the exact GPS coordinates for BS, can't find them. ....it is long gone and in the middle of a cotton field.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread