Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one for the Local Researcher

The border vidette. (Nogales, Ariz.), 04 Feb. 1899.

000aaaa.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...xt=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=47

massey631

Apr 25, 2022
one for the Local Researcher

The border vidette. (Nogales, Ariz.), 04 Feb. 1899.

View attachment 1767031

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...xt=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=47
There's like 7 total Treasure Legends within a 50 mile radius of this town. I've always wondered if there was really any truths to these stories or is it just hogwash from Oshgosh. I mean you would think that the state or someone would find something and say something to say the least.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's like 7 total Treasure Legends within a 50 mile radius of this town. I've always wondered if there was really any truths to these stories or is it just hogwash from Oshgosh. I mean you would think that the state or someone would find something and say something to say the least.
It is a needle in a haystack to find anything in the Arizona desert. Arivaca is my favorite place to prospect. It is about 20-25 miles from the Mexican boarder. You are more likely to find Illegal crossers, drug smugglers and waste that they litter our beautiful desert with, rather than treasure. One of the treasures is near the black princess mine, that one is most likely on private property. If you go to Arivaca, do so in the winter months, the summers are brutal, with temps climbing to 115F, snakes that have been mutated over time and no longer rattle. There are large cats, snipers that are on top of mountains that are protecting their drug runners, loose rocks for you to slip and fall hundreds of feet, washed out trails, that's trail', not roads. I've posted, over time many photos of the Arivaca area.

Attachments

• 20210106_081849.jpg
    20210106_081849.jpg
    823.5 KB · Views: 12

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread