Who wants to plan a hunt for the "Brushy Creek" treasure?

JPS

Jul 1, 2005
Who wants to plan a hunt for the "Brushy Creek" treasure?

Along Brushy Creek near Pension Mountain in Carroll County, they tell a story of a fabulous treasure cave. In the 1850s, a country doctor was making his lonely rounds through the rugged, sparsely populated hills when he was accosted by a band of renegade Indians who had been raiding the area. He was blindfolded and taken to a cave where he was told to set the broken leg of a young Indian boy.

To the doctor's astonishment, all around him in the cave were huge piles of treasure. Chests of Spanish coins, bars of gold and silver, suits of ancient armor and weapons filled not one, but several, rooms of the cave.

Though badly broken and infected, the boy's leg was set and treated. The Indians gave the doctor a handful of gold coins and returned him, blindfolded, to where they had stopped him. They vanished into the forest and did not raid any more in the area of Brushy Creek.

The doctor kept the gold coins for many years and searched for the cave without success until he died, always believing it lay somewhere within a half-mile of the Brushy Creek school house.

Anyone in the area want to plan a hunt?

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Arkansas too

Along Brushy Creek near Pension Mountain in Carroll County, they tell a story of a fabulous treasure cave. In the 1850s, a country doctor was making his lonely rounds through the rugged, sparsely populated hills when he was accosted by a band of renegade Indians who had been raiding the area. He was blindfolded and taken to a cave where he was told to set the broken leg of a young Indian boy.

To the doctor's astonishment, all around him in the cave were huge piles of treasure. Chests of Spanish coins, bars of gold and silver, suits of ancient armor and weapons filled not one, but several, rooms of the cave.

Though badly broken and infected, the boy's leg was set and treated. The Indians gave the doctor a handful of gold coins and returned him, blindfolded, to where they had stopped him. They vanished into the forest and did not raid any more in the area of Brushy Creek.

The doctor kept the gold coins for many years and searched for the cave without success until he died, always believing it lay somewhere within a half-mile of the Brushy Creek school house.

Anyone in the area want to plan a hunt?

Hi. I live in the Russellville area and would be interested in looking for the cave

OP
OP
J

JPS

Jul 1, 2005
Brushy Creek

I will be in the area next weekend.
Maybe just a day hike up Brushy Creek to Lucky Hollow.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arkansas or KY ?

The citizen. (Berea, Ky.), 13 March 1913.

a.jpg

The citizen. (Berea, Ky.) 1899-1958, March 13, 1913, Page PAGE FOUR, Image 4 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress
========
The citizen. (Berea, Ky.), 13 April 1922.

b.jpg

The citizen. (Berea, Ky.) 1899-1958, April 13, 1922, Page Page Eight, Image 8 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

DanielFrew

May 31, 2015
Dover, Ar
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you guys end up going? I've been down there and looked around before regarding another story and everything is private. May go back up that way soon.

DanielFrew

May 31, 2015
Dover, Ar
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From all of the old maps I've looked at the school house would have been around 36.247903, -93.577381.

jaytr

Apr 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do u still want to go to brushy creek i am looking for someone who mite know something about the story. I do know some things about the area that no one knows

jaytr

Apr 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brushy creek treasure

i know where a stone staircase is a symbol of a battle axe is on a tree and i know a mountain that is hollow but no open cave i removed a rock on the side of a mountain 27 years ago and looked into the mountain and saw a pond with dry land on the other side

Pennyfarthing

Jul 16, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone want to look for this seriously? I've heard about it but am still new to looking. If anyone in the area wants to collaborate on a search let me know.

DogtownCache

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not sure if it is on private property, one reason for my hesitation but what looks like a large rocky outcrop and shady area is about a half mile from the school house coordinates, using Google Earth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread