kgc signs found in the leatherwood wilderness

wesviticus

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2008
I have found what I believe are mason markers in a very remote area of the wilderness. After trying to deciepher them I have found a patteren to it. It lead me to a cave behind a waterfall, that as far as I know is not on any maps and was extremely well hidden. Me and my friend entered the cave and there was several artifacts of indians present. Knowing the laws against removal of such items from government property stopped us from touching anything there. So we left it as is and marked it with our gps. What I want to know is what do we do about it to get the credit that we deserve and preserve the site? And why would mason markers lead to this???

randyinarkansas

Nov 2, 2007
Fayetteville
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250
Read the book Rebal Gold, if you haven't all ready..it deals with just this topic. If the signs led you to the cave then there is a deposit there.....be careful though.

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
KGC often used existing Indian and/or Spanish carvings and places of use for their caches. Could be you have stumbled onto a pure Indian relic site and has nothing to do with KGC at all. Could be a bunch of gold with live hell's fire rigged to blow you to pieces under them Indian artifacts too! Not trying to scare you but KGC sites are often booby trapped with devices that are still very much alive and well.

If I found such a site and depending on the land status and I wanted it all done legal like and for the good of history I would contact the paleontology(sp?) dept of your local university. You might get something or not but at the least get credit for the find, especially if you invite media along the same time.

Now if I thought that was really a KGC site and I want to be sure and get what's in there...Me and my buddy would utmost carefully detect the place for any metals, dig ever so careful and remove the loot to a secret place and then tell the university about the artifacts. Watch out for wires or any sort of thing the Indians would not have out of the ordinary. Glass containers with any strange looking liquid beware! It could explode on contact with oxygen so don't open or break. Unless it's a big KGC cache there's probably no worries but lean toward the side of caution.

Oh and whatever you do don't let anybody know! Your just mentioning KGC signs on the public forum, if it is a site has already alerted your local modern day sentinels who know the location and it will be moved or you will be added to it. Just depends on who you are in the community when they catch you going out there.

I'm not full of it but I've had a dose of it and it ain't fun to have to watch your back or fear for your family and be sick at your stomach to know something but you can't get it. I really hope for you it's just Indian artifacts or you're really lucky.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions