Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree590Likes

Thread: The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2010
    Northern California
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    149 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Re: The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA

Thanks for taking the time to share these great tales with us! I really enjoy reading them.

Charter Member
    us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    340 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by mr_larry
    as always, thank you for your wonderfull life stories. sure do think you should write a book because as i said to you before, when you are gone [ god willing you will be around for another 50 years ] there will be nobody to tell the real life stories and a big part of our history.
    take my friend talk to you soon. ron

Thanks for taking the time to share these great tales with us! I really enjoy reading them.
    You are both very welcome and thank you Ron and mr_larry for your responses and encouragement!!

One thing I have found about aging, is that everyone has a story they'd like to tell. Unfortunately, seldom do the younger generations listen. I include myself in this also. We all come in contact with older people in the course of "growing up", but, how often have any of us ever said: "Tell me about some of the exciting things you've done"?? You might be surprised at what you could learn.

And, like me, chances are, you might even learn of a "lost treasure" that no one else ever heard of. I only wish I had searched out the older ones and just let them talk. If I had, my little stories might be a lot more exciting. I'd probably be writing in the "Found Treasures" thread instead of here.

Eagle

us
    Dec 2007
    maui, hawaii
    9 times

eagle, you do have so much to share and you are doing a great job of doing that. passing
    on a great deal of your life and adventures. it is to bad that more of the younger generation
    don't take the time to listen and learn from past history and the stories that go with them.
    i would love to sit down with you and listen to everything you have to say and i am sure that
    it would be very, very interesting. who know's, maybe one day [ when i go on my trip to see my son in washington ] i can make that special trip to meet you.
    take care my friend and hope to hear from soon.
    ron
    mthunter22 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    340 times

O.K., now I’m feeling a whole lot better about the “ain’t never been worked” song. (lol)

I thought, “if I got this much from around 4 rocks, I wonder how much is in the overburden behind the rocks”. (That is behind, not under.) So, after gassing up, I started dredging the rocks and gravel out from behind the lower boulder.

Now, a lot of you know that a 4 inch dredge is pretty slow when you’re moving loose overburden. There’s either a ring around the intake, or the intake is “swaged”, down to about 3” as 4” inch rocks would continually jam in the hose or the jet. And of course, there are the oblong ones that invariably slip into the nozzle and jam it up anyway. (lol)

At that time, I was inexperienced enough that I gave no thought to why the overburden was so loose. Frankly, now, loose overburden would indicate that it was disturbed by mining it, or by flooding of the river.

Right here, I should say; just because the overburden is not packed, does not necessarily mean that it has been cleaned out by mining it:

During our “jawing”, Hermit Pete had told me that before the “big flood” of 1955, the bedrock was visible from above his place, all the way down to the rapids about 50 yards or so below where I started dredging. Now all you can see is nodules of smooth, rounded bedrock sticking up out of the overburden here and there. So, I imagine that there was hundreds of thousands (perhaps millions) of tons of materials washed out to be redeposited further down-river. (I’ll tell you part of that when I talk to Mr. Brice later.) So, it takes a certain amount of observation, (and luck,) to ascertain whether to keep on dredging or to move elsewhere.

I could tell you about 10+ foot of loose overburden with over three pounds of nuggets in a crevasse under it, but that would be cheating, because that happened in 1979 and we’re still in 1961. (lol)

Anyway, it took 2 tanks of gas to clear out an area of about 3 ft. deep to about 6 or 7 feet across. During that time, I checked the header box and found only 4 or 5 nuggets total, so, I figure that those had fallen out of the materials I was dredging, behind the boulders. So obviously, all of my gold came from the top few inches, where it had become trapped behind the boulders, then fell out while I was dredging there, or been dislodged by the current and dropped down into the loose overburden, where I found it.

Besides being rose colored, there was another oddity about these nuggets, I have never found (or seen) gold of this color and texture anywhere I’ve dredged on this river (actually, the texture isn't all that uncommon, just not so consistant in any area.) And I’ve “poked holes” here and there in well over 5 miles of the Merced River.

Along with its color, there was not a round piece in all of the gold I ever found in this area. They were, for the most part, long, flat and smooth. I would say on the average, they were about ½ inch long, X ¼ inch wide and about an 1/8th of an inch thick. Of course, some were a little larger and some were a little smaller. The only “character” to them was the shape. I found one that had the shape of California, (but just flat.) There were many other shapes in the mix, but only a few stand out in my memory. But those also came several years later.

Anyway, I have to do some work now, so when I return, I’ll have another “jawing session” with Hermit Pete.

Eagle

Charter Member
    us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    340 times

Hokay, today is Friday. And if nothing happens to change my plans, I’ll be driving up to Mariposa, Tuesday morning. I intend to take pictures of most of the places I’ve mentioned in the forgoing part of this thread. So keep your fingers crossed that I return with a bunch of them.

Back to the story:

After the dredge engine ran out of gas for the third time, it was mid-afternoon, and I decided to call it a day. Other than the initial tank of gas, I only had about ¼ of an ounce to show for the past couple of hours. You know how it is, if you don’t get at least 2 ounces for every tank of gas, it’s not worth dredging there. Yeah, Right!!

No, actually, my mind wasn’t really on dredging, I had too many thoughts swirling in my brain about what I’d been told by the “watchman”, Don and old “Hermit” Pete. Tales of rich strikes and hints of lost treasures, coupled with the possibility of an old LOST SPANISH MINE.

Incidentally, later, I had one of my incredible moments of luck, when I accidentally found the lost Spanish mine. Now, further along, I will not only tell you where it is, but I hope to take some pictures and show you. Of course, I’m not at all sure of what changes might have been made to the area over the past twenty years, so please bear with me on this. I do know exactly where it is!!! And, over that same period of time, I believe I found another Spanish Mine. I’ve never tried to prove that it was, (and it might not be,) but I do know from experience that there is gold in it.

So, I floated the dredge back across the river and proceeded to “break it down” for loading. Once that was done, I changed out of my wet suit and loaded everything back into the truck.

A little hint here; I use to buy “jungle boots” from the Army surplus store. These boots were developed for sloshing around in the wet conditions found in the Korean jungles. They have kind of like a screen mesh in the sides to allow water to drain out. (It also allows water to drain in.) If you locate a store that has them, I recommend taking along your wet-suit booties so that you can get a pair of boots that you can put your foot in, with your booties on. Believe me, they are (were) well worth what they will save you in buying several pairs of new booties. Rough slate and loose overburden can really get medieval on soft neoprene wet suit material.

I had noticed earlier that on the lower end of Pete’s home site there was a place where the water appeared to be less than knee deep, so I put my “jungle boots” back on so that I could wade across, rather than have him come in the boat to get me. I walked back up the gravel bar to where I figured I could cross over to Pete’s place and found I was pretty close in my estimate. I waded across while Pete walked over to meet me.

The first thing he asked was; “Well, you do any good”? So I pulled out my vial and handed it to him. “Whee doggies”, he exclaimed, “see, I told you that that there place had never been worked”. I agreed with him and asked him about the color. “Well now, I don’t rightly know”, he said. Then he said; “let’s go back across, I want to show you something”.

We waded back across the river and he led the way up the bank, to the road. He then pointed to the mountain behind his cabin. “You see that hill behind my house”? He said. “Now if you look at the two hills behind this hill, you can see where this little hill in front use to be the highest part of those two hills”. Looking at them as he pointed out particular features, I could see what he was talking about. He then explained, “Now, when this river was a whole lot higher, it use to be over there, behind my cabin. Then it started cutting under the edge of the mountain”. “Before long, it had cut under the mountain so much that something had to give”. “Well” he said, “maybe there were a earthquake, and the whole top of that mountain fell, kerplunk, to where you see it right now”. “That’s the reason I’ve spent all these years tunneling under this little hill here”. He then pointed a little down-river and said; “Look up above the bank over there, can you see the hole in the side of the hill”? I looked and sure enough, there was a tunnel mouth, as a matter of fact, I could see three of them. I asked, “did you dig those tunnels”? to which he replied, “Sure nuff, been digging under that hill most all my life, and, taking care of all my needs doing it”.

“Let’s go on back across and I’ll tell you about it”. I told him “Go ahead, I have another jug of that wine I’d like to get out of the truck”. “Okay” he said, “I’ll meet you back at the house”.

I retrieved the wine, walked back up and waded across the river to where Pete already had a couple of old coffee cups ready for us. I filled my cup and his and sat down all prepared to listen.

He reached into the bib of his overalls and took out a half pint whiskey flask and handed it to me. He said; “Take a look at this”. I took it from his hand, and almost dropped it, it was so heavy. He said; “Go ahead, open it up”. I pulled the cork out of it and poured some of the contents into my hand. “Lordy”, I said, “that’s really beautiful”!! I held in my hand about two ounces of nuggets and the flask was still almost full.

He said; “I got that and a whole lot more, out from under that ol’ hill”. “But how do you know where to dig”? I asked. “Well now”, he said, “It ain’t all that hard to figure out”. “I figured that the river use to run almost cross-wise to what it does now, so I jist dig in a little ways and when I run across a crevasse, I jist follow along it, picking out the nuggets as I go”.

I guess you must run into some boulders in there, what do you do then, tunnel around them”? He laughed and said; Well, iffen their too big to roll out, I jist gather some firewood and stack it up against them and set it on fire”. “Some biguns takes awhile to burn through”, he said. Now, I was beginning to think he was “pulling my leg”, until he explained. “After the boulder is good and hot, I take a bucket of cold river water in and throw it on the boulder”. “The boulder naturally starts to flake and crack”. “Sometimes, it can take a couple or three days to wear a boulder down to where I can manhandle it out”.

I was really enjoying our talk, but, as I told him, the company was having to do an inventory tomorrow, (Sunday,) and as quality control supervisor, I had to be there. And, it was about a 5 hour drive home, so I had to get gone. So, we said our goodbyes, with me promising I’d be back the following week-end to visit with him. I told him to keep the jug, and I’d bring him some more when I return.

Which will be when I can find the time to get back to this story.

Eagle

Charter Member
    us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    340 times

I recently returned from the Merced river, where I went to take some pictures of the areas I've been talking about in this thread. I was kind of disappointed in some respects, though it was great seeing my old stomping grounds again. I met Randyman at the Bagby Campgrounds about noon Tues. (08/03/10) I really enjoyed our visit together. I got to point out some of the points of interest and he showed me a beautiful (approx.) 4 or 5 gram nugget he found just laying on top of the ground. If I could keep him around, I wouldn't need a metal detector.

We found that we could drive up along the river for about 2 miles, which put us across from the North Fork. I knew it would be a little too rough for this old man, so I waited while Randyman took off down-river to find the place where the tunnel was dynamited shut. While I was waiting, I started walking up from the river to the trees for some shade. I was passing some stacked rocks, and jumped about 3 ft. backwards when a rattle snake started "singing" at me. Yikes!! He was about 2 ft. away, but up in a hole in the stacked rocks, where I couldn't see him. One more time like that, and I'll be looking for a pacemaker for my heart. Honestly, I've caught and skinned many rattlers, but the way the sound was bouncing off of the rocks, it sounded like I was standing on him.

After about an hour, Randyman came back and confirmed that it was really a rough go. Climbing through poison oak and briars can be rough. He described the area, and it sounded like he found the slide that came down after the dynamite.

After that, we drove back thru Mariposa and down to Briceburg. It was late afternoon by this time and was getting close to dark by the time I quit stopping to show him things. (lol) I got to show him Hermit Pete's bar and pointed out where the cabin and the rock lined water reservoir was. Randyman had to go back to town to contact home, (no reception in the river canyon,) and I set up my camp for the night. (I spread my sleeping bag on the ground.) (lol) In the morning, I started to take more pictures, and found my card was full. grrrr. I waited until 10:30am but Randyman didn't show back up, so I loaded up and headed home with these few pictures.

When I got home, I had an email from Randyman. He had personal business to take care of and didn't get back to the river until around noon. (By that time, I was half-way home.) (lol) Anyway, he did some "brush hogging" on Hermit's Bar so that he could work his metal detector. But, I'll let him tell you about that, if he wants to. (lol)

I had been told that I should be able to take a couple hundred pictures with the camera card I had. (16mb) After taking 24 pictures, the camera informed me that the card was full. The worse part of that was that 17 of the pictures were not worth sharing, or duplicates of these saved ones. I'll be making another trip in 3 or 4 weeks and then I will be better prepared.

#1. Old Chinese store built about 1859. I couldn't find an exact date.

#2. Showing the mouth of North Fork. Where I dredged in 1961 is under about 20ft of water now. If history repeats itself, in 2 or 3 years, we'll be able to wade across again.

#3. Rock wall stacked up by the "49ers". Sometimes, the ground under walls like this were never worked for the gold.

#4. Hermit's Bar. I spent many evenings there. Kicked back, listening to old Hermit Pete talk about the "old days". His cabin was behind and a little to the right of that big cedar tree in the center of the picture.

#5. Life could be hard in those days. Louis was only 19 days old. Tombstone near RailRoad Flats on the Merced.

#6. This one was 23 years old. I only took this one to show how disrespectful the @%$&&**@ graffiti artists are.

#7. Historic Marker telling a brief history of the town of Bagby.

I hope I haven't bored you with my little adventure. Thanks for reading.

Eagle

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010004a.JPG 
Views:	2370 
Size:	664.9 KB 
ID:	438158   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010005.JPG 
Views:	2377 
Size:	676.0 KB 
ID:	438159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010006.JPG 
Views:	2331 
Size:	627.4 KB 
ID:	438160   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010007a.JPG 
Views:	2271 
Size:	665.3 KB 
ID:	438161   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010011.JPG 
Views:	2218 
Size:	628.1 KB 
ID:	438162  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010012.JPG 
Views:	2131 
Size:	656.8 KB 
ID:	438163   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010001b.JPG 
Views:	2147 
Size:	668.2 KB 
ID:	438169  

us
    Dec 2007
    maui, hawaii
    9 times

Re: The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

very good to hear that you had a good and safe trip. thanks my friend for the pictures, i really
    enjoyed looking at them. very beautifull country up there, wish i could be there to enjoy it.
    also, thanks much for giving us yet another good story and sharing some of your life's history
    with us.
    take care my friend and get rested up for when you make that other trip.
    ron
    mthunter22 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    340 times

Quote Originally Posted by maui
    very good to hear that you had a good and safe trip. thanks my friend for the pictures, i really
    enjoyed looking at them. very beautifull country up there, wish i could be there to enjoy it.
    also, thanks much for giving us yet another good story and sharing some of your life's history
    with us.
    take care my friend and get rested up for when you make that other trip.
    ron
    Rest up?? Hey, if I wasn't living from SS check to SS check, I'd be headed back up right now.

Unfortunately, this trip cost me more than I could afford. But, it was well worth it. Who knows? I might get lucky and sell another opal tomorrow. Then, I would head back up and get some more pictures to share. I had hoped to get pictures of most of the places I intend to tell you about, then I could post 2 or 3 with each story. No problem, I'm sure things will work out just the way they should.

I have a man that's very interested in buying my online business. So, I'm in the middle of doing an inventory for the sale. I hope to be done in a couple of days, then perhaps I can return to my wild adventures with a vengence.

See you then.

Eagle

us
    Dec 2007
    maui, hawaii
    9 times

hi eagle, sorry to hear that your was alittle costly but i hope that you enjoyed it.
    do you have a date set for going back up there? also it would really be good to see more
    pictures of your adventure the next time when you head out.
    also hope that you do well if you are able to sell you internet buss.
    hope that everything else is going well for you, take care my friend.
    ron

us
    Feb 2008
    N. Calif
    Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
    46 times

Hi Eagle,
    Just wanted to say thanks for the stories. You have a gift for story telling. Very entertaining and informative.
    Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks again
    Steve

Charter Member
    us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    340 times

Quote Originally Posted by Hemisteve
    hi eagle, sorry to hear that your was alittle costly but i hope that you enjoyed it.
    do you have a date set for going back up there? also it would really be good to see more
    pictures of your adventure the next time when you head out.
    also hope that you do well if you are able to sell you internet buss.
    hope that everything else is going well for you, take care my friend.
    ron

Hi Eagle,
    Just wanted to say thanks for the stories. You have a gift for story telling. Very entertaining and informative.
    Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks again
    Steve
    Thank you my friends. Encouragement is always welcome. I guess back "in the days", I would probably have been the tribal story teller. Of course, I have sense enough to know that to make my stories interesting, I would have to have a "ghost writer". I don't really care for the "he said", "I said", "they exclaimed" way of the normal story. I have to just let the memories roll out, and hope that they make some kind of sense.

I'm writing in word right now, when I have enough I'll be posting it in this thread. Probably tomorrow.

Thanks again!!!

Eagle

Charter Member
    us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    340 times

Hokay, the inventory is completed and mailed to the prospective buyer. So, I guess it’s time to venture on.

So return with me now, to those exciting days of yesteryear where with the ring of hooves, a flash of white, and a hearty “Hi Ho……..Oops, wrong story.

In my “yesteryear”, there were no such things as dredging permits and very few prospectors bothered to put claims on rivers. Hell, we had sense enough to know that with suction dredges, if you only had one claim, you could spend the rest of your life dredging on that one claim and never dredge all of it. Now, it’s all greed and speculation. You can go to almost any accessible part of any river in the “Mother Lode” country and you’ll find that one person will have 4 or more contiguous claims, (following the course of the river,) and take up a mile or more of the waterway.

But, enough of my ranting………………

The following weekend, due to having worked the previous Sunday, (inventory,) I managed to talk my way into an extra day off from work. (Hey, rank hath its privileges.) So, I left my home in Azusa at about 4:00am so that I could get to the river before dark for a change.

Since I had left early enough, the “grapevine” wasn’t too bad with traffic. It only took about 3 hours to go approx. 45 miles. Well, in those days, it was just 2 lanes, (one in each direction,) with a steep, winding climb up, and a steep, winding downgrade. There were major accidents almost every day due to people trying to pass a truck (usually) that was only doing about 15 miles per hour. Unfortunately, they tried to pass on a blind curve and caught an oncoming car, or truck, that was doing about 60 mph. That tended to rearrange the contours of their cars considerably. (No laughter here.) Now, with Interstate 5, in an hours time I can be out of the L.A. basin and be in the San Joaquin Valley. Another 4 hours or so and I can be in Mariposa. So, I guess that some changes are for the better.

I arrived in Mariposa at about 11:00am and decided to wait ‘til Briceburg to gas up. I figured that perhaps that would give me a chance to meet Mr. Brice and give him a chance to check me out. And, it worked out pretty well. It turned out that he was born and grew up there and I don’t think much happened in the area that he didn’t know about.

He told me that when he was a youngster, the old suspension bridge wasn’t there. There was first a “foot bridge” that crossed the river where the suspension bridge is now. He and his young friends would walk out on the foot bridge and look down into the water. He said that there use to be a hole of “swept” bedrock under the bridge and they could see (from the bridge,) nuggets glowing in the crevasses in the bedrock. They took bets on who could dive off of the bridge, go down and bring up the biggest nugget.

(Yikes, the things dreams are made of.)

Unfortunately, the “big flood of ‘55” put an end to those games by filling in the hole with rocks and boulders. Who knows? Perhaps one day there will be another “big flood” and the hole will return to its original state of grace.

By this time, I figured I had spent enough time talking (and learning,) and said I’d see him later and started down the river road.

It was a few minutes after noon when I finally arrived across from Pete’s place. I stopped and gave a call and ol’ Pete waved me over. I waded across at the same ford as before and met him on the bank. “Here you go my friend, I brought these for you”, I said as I handed him 2 gallon jugs of the “good stuff.” He thanked me and went straight to the rock lined pool and placed them in the water. “Keep them cool for later” he said with a laugh.

I wanted to get my camp set up and take a little time to just look around, so I told him I’d be back later in the afternoon for a little visit, if it was o.k. He told me “shore nuff”, he’d enjoy a little visit. So, with that, I waded back across and drove on down to RailRoad Flats.

I’ll try to make it back here in the morning, to continue with what I found during my looking around.

Eagle

Charter Member
    us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    340 times

I decided to walk down-river and see if I could locate the Mountain King mine. As I climbed down, then back up out of Hall’s gulch, I couldn’t help but marvel at the beauty and history of this area. It’s amazing to realize that Mariposa’s history is founded on the gold rush, complete with the headquarters of John C. Freemont, (in Mariposa, in what is now known as “The Gold Coin Bar”,) but, look as I might, I could find nothing official about mining on the Merced River, or, at least very little. What little I did find was a couple of late 1800’s quarterly reports on the production at the Mountain King Mine.

Well heck, I found out more than that when I ventured beyond the tailings piles and on up to the buildings near the mine. I went into one of the buildings that I assumed was the mine office, due to the paperwork I found scattered around, (that hadn’t been destroyed by the packrats.) From what I could determine, it seemed that the Mountain King had a number of investors from back East and Internationally.
    Unfortunately, (as stated before) I was not interested in artifacts so I just tossed the papers back on the floor and left.

As I was walking back down the hill towards the river, I passed near some of the mine tailings and noticed a fist-sized piece of quartz that had rolled out away from the main pile. I’m not sure what caught my eye, but I picked it up and found a small piece of gold sticking out of one side of it. It was nothing that excited me, as it was only about the size of this; “o”, but, it was large enough for me to determine that it was gold. I tossed it back onto the tailings pile and continued on back towards my camp. Of course, if I were to find that piece of quartz today, I would take it with me and break it open to see if there was more gold inside. I guess that’s one of the worse parts of not being “money hungry”, I wasn’t thinking about more gold.

I wonder why we get old before we get smart

When I got back to Hall’s Gulch, I decided to take some time and go up the gulch a little way. Lord, it was beautiful. There was a year round flow of water, though by this time of year it was a very light flow and the whole gulch was full of trees. (What the miners called “Piss Elms”.) I found that when they died and dried out, there was almost no weight to the wood, so it wasn’t really suited for fire wood or building any thing. When dry, it broke very easily.

I went about a half mile up the gulch and passed several beautiful pools of water. About the time I decided to turn around, I came upon a pool about 10ft X 20ft and about 5ft deep at the deepest part. Well, by this time, I was pretty sweaty and the pool was so inviting, I stripped down and jumped in.

As I leaned back against the sloping bedrock at the edge of the pool, I noticed movement in the shadows on the other side of the pool, about 30ft away. I remained very still and watched as a doe with her fawn walked up to the edge of the pool, probably not more than 10ft away from me. She seemed to look right into my eyes before dipping her head down to take a drink, while her fawn took a quick sniff of the water, then turned towards her rear legs to get a drink of what interested it the most.

It was at this time, that I fully understood what the Elders meant when they said that we are here to protect and help the Mother Earth and that we are all related. It was also at this time that I felt I knew what the Garden of Eden must have truly been like.

It was also about this time when I must have moved slightly and she threw up her head, looked at me as if to say,

“What the hell am I doing?? THAT’S A HUMAN”!!!

And quickly, with her fawn, returned to the shadows from where she had appeared. Afterwards, I came out of the water and gave myself a little time to pretty well air dry, got dressed and returned to my camp in a state of euphoria. You know, when you feel that way about life, everything is beautiful.

Eagle

Charter Member
    us
    Desiderata

Jun 2004
    Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
    7 times
    Cache Hunting

I'm just one of the many who must be reading and thoroughly enjoying this thread. Thank you for sharing. I agree with the others that suggested you should write a book. Great, well taught history, and I truly wish you the best.
    Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly, be led by God in all things!

Charter Member
    us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    340 times

Quote Originally Posted by bill-USA
    I'm just one of the many who must be reading and thoroughly enjoying this thread. Thank you for sharing. I agree with the others that suggested you should write a book. Great, well taught history, and I truly wish you the best.
    Thank you bill-USA!!

The problem with writing a book of this nature, as I see it, is that it would require that readers take my word as to what I experienced.

I wonder if they have a catagory for "True Fiction".

Unfortunately, I'm like the guy who finds a UFO on the ground and speaks to some aliens, but doesn't have a camera or tape recorder to document the experience. The best I can do is return to the scene and take some belated pictures, after the UFO is gone

Thanks for the encouragement!!

Eagle

Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Sponsors