The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Eagle, I found your thread! Had the same problem with the 404 error. I haven't had a chance to get that photo of the opal together, but since your going to be here so soon I'll just bring it down to the river. I should be down there Monday morning sometime. Talk to you later!
I'll be looking forward to seeing you. Thanks for your post. It seems that the change in format has invalidated our saved links, so I had to wait for a post before I could come direct to my thread.

I should forwarn you that I MIGHT be a day late getting there. Wouldn't you know it; I just recieved an order from my website and might not be able to ship it before Monday morning. I guess I'll have to wait and see if my manufacturer can get the product to me soon enough.

In any case, if I will be overdue, I'll post and let everyone know.

Eagle

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I also got the 404, file not found error, someone on the metal detecting board was nice enough to put up a link to Eagles thread...

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Halito My Friends,

Well, I guess the trip is going to be delayed for more than a day. My manufacturer tells me he won't be able to get my product to me before Tuesday of next week. Due to the economy, he's "short-handed" right now.

So, since I'm also "short-handed", I have to stick around until the order is shipped. I'll let everyone know a couple of days before I leave here for the river.

Eagle

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greettings "EagleDown"; Your wisdom and knowledge is quite inspiring. I have been seeking the fortunes of hidden treasures since the mid seventy's. I sincerely believe the philosophy that time and circumstances plays a large part in actually getting out there and getting dirty seeking our prize. I am not quite as old as you ( no offense ) but my disabilities keep me from getting around as often as I would like. I would like to commend you for sharing your wisdom. I am a little green with jealousy and wished that I lived a little closer to the california gold fields. There is a river behind my house that feed out from the mountains that has flour gold in it. The best chances of aquiring any of this flour gold in quanitys is to actually pan or sluice the river before it even leaves the mountains. Question: Since this flour gold is so fine and is so consentrated with black sand, would it be advisabile to pan in large tub with some liquid soap to facilitate in recovering more of this finer gold? Again I Thank You!

bobsreturn

Greenie
May 27, 2011
far north queensland
Detector(s) used
whites gmt and 5000d
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HI i have enjoyed your posts and have learnt a lot from them . am in tropical australia near cairns queensland , some very historic mines locally .i need to find the gold that others have missed ! Am reading a lot and believe you have contributed to my enlightenment , thank you and best wishes Bob

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greettings "EagleDown"; Your wisdom and knowledge is quite inspiring. I have been seeking the fortunes of hidden treasures since the mid seventy's. I sincerely believe the philosophy that time and circumstances plays a large part in actually getting out there and getting dirty seeking our prize. I am not quite as old as you ( no offense ) but my disabilities keep me from getting around as often as I would like. I would like to commend you for sharing your wisdom. I am a little green with jealousy and wished that I lived a little closer to the california gold fields. There is a river behind my house that feeds out from the mountains that has flour gold in it. The best chances of aquiring any of this flour gold in quanitys is to actually pan or sluice the river before it even leaves the mountains. Question: Since this flour gold is so fine and is so consentrated with black sand, would it be advisabile to pan in large tub with some liquid soap to facilitate in recovering more of this finer gold? Again I Thank You!

Anything that would break down the viscosity (surface tension) of the water. Just a few drops of liquid soap should do it. I also once knew an "old timer" that chewed tobacco; he would spit tobacco jiuice in his pan while panning. He said it worked great for keeping the fine gold from floating out of the pan. (lol)

You might also like to consider holding on to the black sand. My understanding is that the black sand is quite often formed around a core of gold or platinum. Take the black sand and have a "spectroanalysis" run on it. If it does have a precious metal core, it will show up in the analysis. There are some companies that will pay for this type of black sand.

My dredging partner (who passed away back in the 70s) use to take our black sand and run it through a little mill that he made. It would crush the black sand into dust, while at the same time flatten out the gold/platinum core so that it was easier to collect on a shaker table.
Also, if you have a sluice, you might consider taking a thin copper sheet to put under the miners moss. You can clean the copper with muratic acid, or hydrocloric acid, then coat it with mercury. That should trap most of the ultra-fine gold.

I hope this will help in your endevours. Montana is a rich state in precious metals and gem stones. Keep your eyes open for saphires and other gem stones.

Good luck,

Eagle

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI i have enjoyed your posts and have learnt a lot from them . am in tropical australia near cairns queensland , some very historic mines locally .i need to find the gold that others have missed ! Am reading a lot and believe you have contributed to my enlightenment , thank you and best wishes Bob

You're very welcome My Friend,

I sincerely hope than I can continue to help you in your quest for that elusive gold. Thanks for your encouragement!!

Eagle

Megagold

Mar 3, 2012
Calif by the Bay
Detector(s) used
MXT- AT Pro- Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going on vacation tonight. I'll be gone for about a week. I should be back on or about the 29th of this month, (June) Look for me then!!

It's kind of strange, but I worked all of my life and never had a vacation, until I "retired". :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Hello Eagle! I hope you are enjoying your vacation. I could not quit reading your wonderful story. I am fro Madera originally. So I know the some of the lower little towns off the 49' road. Thanks for the wonderful treasure story, I so enjoyed it. You should be writing for one of the treasure magazine's! :hello2:

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Eagle! I hope you are enjoying your vacation. I could not quit reading your wonderful story. I am fro Madera originally. So I know the some of the lower little towns off the 49' road. Thanks for the wonderful treasure story, I so enjoyed it. You should be writing for one of the treasure magazine's! :hello2:

What, and ruin my good reputation?? (Just kidding)! Actually, it has been suggested, but at my age, I don't want to be tied down to meeting "dead-lines". Here, I can relax and put my experiences out to my friends. If something I've written helps you find just one little nugget that you would have otherwise missed, then, my time has been well spent.

Besides, I don't think that most editor/publishers would really care for my style of "unstructured writing". (lol)

Thanks for your post!!

Eagle

Sam 8

Jan 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT..it is a Pro, but I am a rookie.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle...

Hello my friend and sorry to hear your plans have been interrupted. For the first time in many months the thermometer hit 70* today, and to add to that the sun is shining. I hope you are able to get to where you want to be soon...and that before the snows fly again I will meet you there.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You for your advise. I have read that there my be some use for the black sand, but am not sure as to where to process or sell it. And as you have mentioned about the black sand, the river, in the spots where the heavies collect, is just full of black sand. I could literally scoop out the black sand by the shovel many times. Or do you think that I am just in a area of high consentration of black sand mineralization? I will try and have these black sands analysized, I will also try and find a company that may be interested in the black sand, unless somebody here on TNET might know. Thank You !

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle...

Hello my friend and sorry to hear your plans have been interrupted. For the first time in many months the thermometer hit 70* today, and to add to that the sun is shining. I hope you are able to get to where you want to be soon...and that before the snows fly again I will meet you there.

Thank you Sam 8! It's no big problem, other than I told everyone that I would be there today. But, I've been delayed before. I live on "Indian Time" anyway, (When the time is right). (lol) I believe that the secret to a long, healthy life is; don't stress over anything more than momentarily. And, if that is truly the case, I'll probably live for another 125 years or so. (lol)

It got up to 72 degrees here today, with no clouds, (other than "contrails"). (lol)

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You for your advise. I have read that there my be some use for the black sand, but am not sure as to where to process or sell it. And as you have mentioned about the black sand, the river, in the spots where the heavies collect, is just full of black sand. I could literally scoop out the black sand by the shovel many times. Or do you think that I am just in a area of high consentration of black sand mineralization? I will try and have these black sands analysized, I will also try and find a company that may be interested in the black sand, unless somebody here on TNET might know. Thank You !

See if you can find a copy of the ICMJ (International California Mining Journal). I don't know about now, I haven't had a subscription since they changed the name. (CMJ) There use to be ads in the wanted section about buying black sand concentrates.
I'm not sure about finding it where you are, but I bought my last issue a couple of years ago at Barnes&Noble.

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ICMJ.Com for Old Digger

Hi Eagle,
Still here following your adventures and listening to your sage advice. Can,t wait to read about your next journey, hope you can get out soon.
I am sure folks here would like to see your Opal work, I know I would. How about some pictures.

Thanks for your willingness to share with us and keep us entertained.
Steve

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Sir! I hope that the next time you go out looking, that you either find one of those hexogonal gold cions or a very nice sized nugget.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Eagle

You missed a great day in the motherload, my son and I tried out the new dectector, and then classified and sluiced some material in some old mine tailing on a club claim about 11 mile north of Greeley Hill. Then stopped by the oldest continous operating saloon in the state, in Coulterville, for cheeseburgers and fries. It was 66 for the high and recent rains had water in the smallest of creeks flowing and the air was crisp and clean..... Happy Hunting on your trip:-)

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle

You missed a great day in the motherload, my son and I tried out the new dectector, and then classified and sluiced some material in some old mine tailing on a club claim about 11 mile north of Greeley Hill. Then stopped by the oldest continous operating saloon in the state, in Coulterville, for cheeseburgers and fries. It was 66 for the high and recent rains had water in the smallest of creeks flowing and the air was crisp and clean..... Happy Hunting on your trip:-)

Oh Yeah, just rub it in!! :BangHead: Naw, that's hokay, Ill be up there in a couple of days, then the creeks will be down and I'll be able to detect all of those new materials. ( :metaldetector::laughing7: <--My new symbol for; "Picking and Grinning). :tongue3:

Don't worry though, as soon as I find a couple of 1 oz'ers, I'll go to the nearest library and post it. (lol)

In any case, the way things now stand; I should be on the river by mid-week. If all goes well, I'll be there through the next week-end.

Hope to see you there!!

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Halito My Friends,

I had planned on finishing and posting my next story today, but a lot to do. After 2 or 3 days away from my shop, it always takes a couple of days to catch up, so you can imagine my being away a whole week. (lol) Anyway, I thought it important that I take time to post this letter that I just recieved from Brian Bibb, our source for MMS. We really need to do something about this "out of control" government.

Dear Friends, I am forwarding Jim Humble's (the founder of MMS) MMS Newsletter to you as it is very Urgent that you read, as the fate of MMS and the availability of it is in our hands. The FDA is determined to call it a drug and have it completely in their hands and Gestapo control. This court case is also a precedent towards future activities of the FDA to prevent, stop, and suppress virtually any natural cure and health benefit that will come our way. This GIANT MONOPLY must end!!! This 2.5 Trillion dollar a year Medical/Pharmaceutical business is bankrupting America and the Health of all Americans. I have personally been accused of selling a non approved FDA drug by Google and had my advertsing of MMS shut down by Google in October, 2010 costing me 75% of my MMS business. And two months before I had an IRS seizure of my bank account with very little warning. As you know this didn't stop me because of my passion for MMS and helping others. MMS has kept me from getting sick, going to my doctor , or taking any medication for over 4 1/2 years. And I wanted you and others to be well and self empowered too.

SO PLEASE READ THIS NEWSLETTER AND CLICK ON THE LINK I Am Not An Animal and read the court document and then click on Simple Instructions, print this document for you , your spouse and anyone else that you know that uses MMS. Sign it and mail it in this week as we have a deadline. When we win this battle, then MMS can't be stopped. We must do what Jim Humble says " Do the Right Thing". This case will also help other countries like Canada where it is illegal to sell MMS. I truly appreciate your taking the time to do this and being apart of a better Future for us all!

TAKE GOOD CARE,
BRIAN BIBB

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread