The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

mariposagoldbag

Sep 7, 2011
Prescott, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000
Primary Interest:
Other
Would you guys believe that I just found ANOTHER nugget? Just found it today and it is 1.75grams. IMG_0244.JPG

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow Goldbag, nice jewlery quality piece, looks to have some country rock still attached. I am wondering how deep you are finding these pieces and if it would be worth it cut this area down a bit to see what might be under the present layer.... That 3500 and you are on the gold....

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldbag please stop posting pics of these nuggets. Your going to start the great gold rush of 2012. Lol.

mariposagoldbag

Sep 7, 2011
Prescott, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000
Primary Interest:
Other
CharlesP...I CANT ! JUST FOUND ANOTHER ONE TODAY ! Hey EAGLE, this is from where we were that day. The place we found the half gram piece. Can you believe it, 3.61grams!
IMG_0255.JPG IMG_0248.JPG

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I get back up there, if I don't find any gold, you know who I'll blame don't you. You're finding it all. (lol)
It makes my little 1.8gm nugget look kinda insignificant. :crybaby2:

Hey! Beautiful showing. thanks for the pictures!!

Eagle

Last edited:

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What's going on goldbag? I checked the website to see a new nugget for today. :( lol sadness fills the air. Good luck.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's going on goldbag? I checked the website to see a new nugget for today. :( lol sadness fills the air. Good luck.
You can try to "rub it in", but it won't do any good. Hell, in three days, he's found half of my monthly SS. :BangHead: :laughing7:

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know eagle he's tearing it up. Makes me want to get one of those detectors bad. Im amazed by the gold he has found.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know eagle he's tearing it up. Makes me want to get one of those detectors bad. Im amazed by the gold he has found.
Yeah, what surprises me is that he's learned how to use the MineLab so quickly. He has only had it for a little over a month.

As for the gold, I can point you to other places that are just as good, if not better. I just wish I had the bucks to get back up there, to find some for myself. :dontknow:

Eagle

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold--great character gold in your shots!

All the best,

Lanny

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Please start pointing. Lol. I hope things get better financially for you. I'm ready for another trip. I wish you the best eagle.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please start pointing. Lol. I hope things get better financially for you. I'm ready for another trip. I wish you the best eagle.
Thank you Brother!! They have to get better, they can't get much worse.

I can point like a springer spaniel.:laughing9:

mariposagoldbag

Sep 7, 2011
Prescott, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000
Primary Interest:
Other
Oakview...lol...I found ANOTHER nugget today! This is crazy, in the last 5 times I've been out I've found a nugget. I know it probably looks easy at this point but its really not. I'm just getting extremely lucky at the moment and in the right place. I've gone years without finding anything...other than dust...lol Its kinda like the lottery, the more you play the more chances you have to win, or lose. Anyway, here it is...0.75 grams
IMG_0260.JPG

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Man. Wait 'till Eagle finds out springers don't point. lol Now if I could teach mine to smell gold......
WTG MGB.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Man. Wait 'till Eagle finds out springers don't point. lol Now if I could teach mine to smell gold......
WTG MGB.
:laughing9::laughing9: Aw man, you uncovered part of the hidden meaning behind my post.

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldbag,
Do you think you would have found these same nuggets if you were using the gold bug 2, or is it like bass fishing, sometimes it's the confidence in the lure that seems to get it done. Reason I'm asking is, I'm on a gold bug 2 budget not a minelab one. But depending on your answer that might change.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Goldbag

Luck seldom repeats itself so many times in such a short time. You are becoming highly skilled with your 3500. You have breached just chasing beeps and have begun to see through the ground and the chatter. Congrats. We just come on and see the results, and not all the time in the field swinging. The Minelab is a great machine, but can lose track of very small pieces and flakes. I am wondering if it might be worth it to remove some of this material in the layer you are finding stuff and running it through a pan or sluice????? Continued good fortune and good health... PS... I hope to get where you are in the future.....

mariposagoldbag

Sep 7, 2011
Prescott, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Oakview...

CharlesP, the goldbug 2 is a good detector. The main difference besides depth is the Minelab has a much cleaner sounding threshold tone which makes it easier to hear your signals...you still get some ground noise but its not as annoying with the minelab as is with the goldbug. I'm pretty sure all the pieces I found could have been found with the goldbug, but you'd have to be running in all metal mode with headphones and know what your detector is saying to you. If I were you I'd just save up and get a Minelab of some type. Before I got the 3500 I was looking at even getting an older SD2200, you might find one for about 1000 bucks. Also, if you do decide to get the goldbug, consider getting the gold bug pro, it has alot more function then the goldbug 2...such as automatic ground balancing, which I dont use on the mine lab...but it also has a better discrimination control, in case you were in a trashy area such as a cabin site and didnt want to dig up all the square nails.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread