The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought some might like to see the belt buckle that I might sell for scrap. (Determined to get moved ASAP).

It's 3 3/4" x 3".......3.1 troy oz, trimmed in 10K gold. The main body is Sterling Silver. It's a "Team Roping" buckle, made in;
Alpaca Mexico. I've checked ebay and have seen similar ones selling for up to $500. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to wait for it to sell on ebay.

I talked to an auctioneer about a month ago and he said; "I've sold ones like that for over $400". Then in almost the same breath, offered me $60 for it. Yeah, RIGHT!!

Attachments

• P2050001.JPG
    P2050001.JPG
    415 KB · Views: 139
  • P1010002c.JPG
    P1010002c.JPG
    521.4 KB · Views: 125
  • P1010003b.JPG
    P1010003b.JPG
    397.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Merry Christmas Eagle,
I hope the little gift makes a difference for you and the move.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas Eagle,
I hope the little gift makes a difference for you and the move.
Yes, it will be a big help. And Merry Christmas to you also Brother!!

Very much appreciated!!

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brother, you can't imagine how much I would appreciate the help. My paypal is [email protected] I have to make a trip across town, I'll be back in an hour or so.

Thanks again!!

Eagle
Halito CharlesP,
I just wanted to let you know that paypal notified me of your gift. I really appreciate it Brother.

I'm hoping to take another load up to my new place this coming Wed. (12/26/12. Perhaps I'll have a chance to meet up with you.

Hoping you have a very Merry Christmas!!

Eagle

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle, I too would like to thank you for all the stories you've provided us all with.

Check your PayPal!

Its not much but I hope it helps you out a little bit! Merry Christmas!
mariposagoldbug, thank you very much. As I've said before; Anything is a great help! Social Security just barely pays the necessary bills.

May you have a Very Merry Christmas!!

Eagle

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also like to thank W.D. for his gift. It will go a long way to relieving the financial strain of this move.

Thank you My Brother!!

Eagle

Broken Arrow

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2012
SoCal
Detector(s) used
GB2, MXT, Surf Pi, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas Eagle and to All a Happy New Year !

May your Pokes be filled with Au in the coming new year !

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wishing you and Yours a Very

Merry Christmas
and a
Happy New Year!

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Love and Respect,[/FONT]

Eagle

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
hi eagle thank you for your storys and great outlook on life. merry christmas and a happy new year. dave

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi eagle thank you for your storys and great outlook on life. merry christmas and a happy new year. dave
Halito leenie,

You are more than welcome my friend! If I ever get done moving, I hope to bring you even more enjoyment.

Eagle

uklfester

Dec 17, 2012
Wimer, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hello!
now that ive finished reading from page 1 to 50 i just wanted to stop and say thanks for all the stories.

--jim

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Halito uklfester,
Welcome to our thread!! Hang around, I'm sure I have a few more stories salted away. Be assured that they will continue, once I've completed my move back up to Gold Country. Plus, once there, I fully intend to continue to offer tips learned from my personal experiences over the years.
Thanks for posting your appreciation!!

Eagle

uklfester

Dec 17, 2012
Wimer, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
btw, just wanted to say thats the river i first panned in, and got skunked in.. and got hooked in lol.

Sam 8

Jan 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT..it is a Pro, but I am a rookie.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle...

My friend...like a Phoenix I am returning. It has been a long path, but I am back.
Life is in order again, the doctors are happy.
You are moving back to the gold country?
I am not going to be moblie again for another month or so, but I have a 20 ft. enclosed trailer with a ramp door and a 1 ton 4x4 that will pull a house off a foundation...both, and their driver, are at your disposal, sir.
I look forward to rekindling our conversations, and perhaps when spring rolls around we can share a campfire.
My email hasn't changed, bring me up to speed and I will try to do the same for you.

Last edited:

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Happy new year Eagle.

I hope your 2013 is filled with peace and gold.

RelicLady

Greenie
Jan 1, 2013
Merced/Hornitos, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle Down - I'm new to this forum and wanted to tell you what a pleasure it was reading all of your wonderful stories! They are priceless. Thank you! If you ever hold a course or have a field trip - I'm there! :) Happy New Year!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Relic Lady

Hornitos was quite the gold producing area back in the day. Have you done much propecting locally. I love the old buildings there and met a very nice gentleman operating the general store and gift shop last time through.... Good Health and good hunting

Last edited:
OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle Down - I'm new to this forum and wanted to tell you what a pleasure it was reading all of your wonderful stories! They are priceless. Thank you! If you ever hold a course or have a field trip - I'm there! :) Happy New Year!
Halito RelicLady,
And thank you to you also!! Welcome to the forum and to this thread.
As a matter of fact, I do intend to do some prospecting in the area of Hornitos, after I get moved up into the area. There is a vast amount of area outside of Hornitos that was dug up by land dredges back in the days. If I rememberr correctly, they shipped about $20,000 worth of gold out of Hornitos every day. Figure that at $18.00 per oz. (The set price then) And you'll find "them were purty good pickens".

If and when I do have a course or field trip, rest assured that you are invited.

Thanks again for your post!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle...

My friend...like a Phoenix I am returning. It has been a long path, but I am back.
Life is in order again, the doctors are happy.
You are moving back to the gold country?
I am not going to be moblie again for another month or so, but I have a 20 ft. enclosed trailer with a ramp door and a 1 ton 4x4 that will pull a house off a foundation...both, and their driver, are at your disposal, sir.
I look forward to rekindling our conversations, and perhaps when spring rolls around we can share a campfire.
My email hasn't changed, bring me up to speed and I will try to do the same for you.

Che'hahn Tah-Moe Sam 8,

So happy to find that you are hokay!! I've been worried about you. I'll email you tomorrow.

Take care Brother,

Eagle

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relic Lady

Hornitos was quite the gold producing area back in the day. Have you done much propecting locally. I love the old buildings there and met a very nice gentleman operating the general store and gift shop last time through.... Good Health and good hunting

Happy New Year to you too!!

You're right, I met him in August and really liked him. He also bought 4 of my fire opals. (lol) I took some photos of Hornitos and his store. Darn, I don't think I posted them. I guess I'll have to go back a few pages and find out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread