The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That area you can't use mechanical devices to move dirt (panning only). As I understand it you can use a metal detector there. I left mine at home when I went there.
This is what I got out of a 2-1/2 gal 1/4" classified material when I went on a trip with my mother.

This area I think is awesome after a flood. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen each year. Then of course our storms aren't that dramatic.
However, this year, we've already got snow at higher elevations and more storms coming. I think this year will be a good year to hit this area.
At least if the weather patterns keep coming.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That area you can't use mechanical devices to move dirt (panning only). As I understand it you can use a metal detector there. I left mine at home when I went there. This is what I got out of a 2-1/2 gal 1/4" classified material when I went on a trip with my mother. This area I think is awesome after a flood. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen each year. Then of course our storms aren't that dramatic. However, this year, we've already got snow at higher elevations and more storms coming. I think this year will be a good year to hit this area. At least if the weather patterns keep coming.

Oops I forgot the picture.

Attachments

• image-3381562270.jpg
    image-3381562270.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 99
OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have checked out that bedrock with the little Falcon MD. I'm sure your vacuum would do well too.

All the best,

Lanny
I would have checked it out with my TDI, using a small coil. Then, I would have started popping out the bedrock with a heavy screwdriver, and sucking up all of the materials with my vacuum. After filling a few buckets, then run it through the drywasher. After that, it would have been all about taking it home and panning the concentrates.

I imagine that (from the video), they passed up a lot of gold as they don't show them breaking up any of the bedrock. Sad......At least for those of us who know the places those sassy nuggets like to hide.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops I forgot the picture.
Hey! My friend. I think that's the best showing we've seen from you. Things are looking up. It might not be a fortune, but even the dollar begins with a penny. (lol)

Thanks for the post Brother!!

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Halito,
I just recieved an email from a very dear friend. He had a White's dealership, but had to close due to slow sales. He has a couple of White's detectors left that he NEEDS to sell. Anyone interested in improving your chances of finding gold, coins and artifacts, here they are:

I have a New Whites DFX300 for $775.00 retails at $1199.95
and a New Whites Vx3 $800.00 retails at $1199.95

Man, what a great Christmas gift those would be. And, you can't beat the prices. Wish I had found them before I bought the Whites MXT. (lol) So, you can help him out in his time of need, while getting the best deal you'll ever find. Please don't ask me about the abilities of these detectors, as I've never had one and know nothing about how they operate.

Love and Respect,

Eagle

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eagle,

I'm glad to see that you're still helping people out. You really are a caring and considerate person.

Moreover, to those of you that have been reading/are reading his thread, he is giving away years and years of hard-earned wisdom that many people would never consider giving to anyone. For example, I met two grizzled prospectors about twenty years ago that were in their sundown years. They had found lots and lots of placer gold. They were in an area that I was new to, so I asked them if they'd ever thought about writing a book to help people find the gold in their area.

They looked at me as if broccoli had suddenly sprouted from my ears and forehead! What they said to me has been with me ever since. The one miner said, "Why in the world would we want anyone to know what it's taken us many years and countless money to learn? They can _____ ______ figure it out on their own!" His friend heartily agreed.

So, here's Eagle doing for you fine people in California exactly what they said they would never do. By the way, I've met lots of similar people with similar attitudes over the years. Therefore, it makes Eagle a priceless resource for invaluable information.

He even tells you where to go to find the gold! Moreover, he invites people to go with him on his expeditions.

He's a great guy, with all kinds of wonderful advice, freely given, and he's a fantastic story teller to boot. He's the true "Lost Treasure of Mariposa, CA".

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have checked it out with my TDI, using a small coil. Then, I would have started popping out the bedrock with a heavy screwdriver, and sucking up all of the materials with my vacuum. After filling a few buckets, then run it through the drywasher. After that, it would have been all about taking it home and panning the concentrates.

I imagine that (from the video), they passed up a lot of gold as they don't show them breaking up any of the bedrock. Sad......At least for those of us who know the places those sassy nuggets like to hide.
I had an after thought on the video I offered; I believe an invaluable piece of equipment for that area would be, about 2 or 3 foot of 1/4" clear, flexible, plastic tubing. By blowing gently through it, (much like the soda straw I spoke of in an earlier story), you would be able to expose even more gold. Blow gently enough, and you would uncover even the smallest flakes, without disturbing their slumber. (lol)

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eagle, I'm glad to see that you're still helping people out. You really are a caring and considerate person. Moreover, to those of you that have been reading/are reading his thread, he is giving away years and years of hard-earned wisdom that many people would never consider giving to anyone. For example, I met two grizzled prospectors about twenty years ago that were in their sundown years. They had found lots and lots of placer gold. They were in an area that I was new to, so I asked them if they'd ever thought about writing a book to help people find the gold in their area. They looked at me as if broccoli had suddenly sprouted from my ears and forehead! What they said to me has been with me ever since. The one miner said, "Why in the world would we want anyone to know what it's taken us many years and countless money to learn? They can _____ ______ figure it out on their own!" His friend heartily agreed. So, here's Eagle doing for you fine people in California exactly what they said they would never do. By the way, I've met lots of similar people with similar attitudes over the years. Therefore, it makes Eagle a priceless resource for invaluable information. He even tells you where to go to find the gold! Moreover, he invites people to go with him on his expeditions. He's a great guy, with all kinds of wonderful advice, freely given, and he's a fantastic story teller to boot. He's the true "Lost Treasure of Mariposa, CA". All the best, Lanny

Wow Lanny!!!!
I whole heartedly agree. I know that people of similar hearts/minds group together. So with that said. I truly think of Eagle as a dear friend. Though I've never met, I know someday I will. I hope that those of us who take and learn this knowledge, also give it as it was given. FROM THE HEART.
Thank you my brother Eagle for ALL you do and have done for us here who desire to find that sassy gold. Either in California, Arizona, or elsewhere in the world. We love ya and look forward to the day we can search for sassy gold together.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey! My friend. I think that's the best showing we've seen from you. Things are looking up. It might not be a fortune, but even the dollar begins with a penny. (lol) Thanks for the post Brother!!

Thanks for the congrats for my best showing yet. Lol. I have to say that it was a thrill I hope to have many times more. Which actually reminds me.
I took my uncle out to a new GPAA claim by me for a quick swing of detectors.
For those of you who have seen Monument Valley. This spot is around the Superstition Mountains and just really puts my heart to back when the early miners were scratching around out here, looking at these majestic mesas. Thinking of when Geronimo was around as well as some of the tribes that roamed these same hills. These rock formations have quite a bit of color to them.
Unfortunately, not the color I was looking for. The only thing I found was a couple 308 shells and a 22 shell. We only hunted for about an hour, but it was for me to just get a hard glimpse of the land and then come back to hit areas thoroughly.
Found some spots that I'd definitely try to hit some cracks. Lol. Just need to bring a vacuum that's battery operated.
The best part of the trip was that I got to spend time with an uncle, who I consider close to my father. Got to clear this head of mine, and see nature at it's Arizona best. Though it was 53 degrees. We got to relive running through the hills my uncle played in as a kid. What a blast.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle,

I'm glad to see that you're still helping people out. You really are a caring and considerate person.

Moreover, to those of you that have been reading/are reading his thread, he is giving away years and years of hard-earned wisdom that many people would never consider giving to anyone. For example, I met two grizzled prospectors about twenty years ago that were in their sundown years. They had found lots and lots of placer gold. They were in an area that I was new to, so I asked them if they'd ever thought about writing a book to help people find the gold in their area.

They looked at me as if broccoli had suddenly sprouted from my ears and forehead! What they said to me has been with me ever since. The one miner said, "Why in the world would we want anyone to know what it's taken us many years and countless money to learn? They can _____ ______ figure it out on their own!" His friend heartily agreed.

So, here's Eagle doing for you fine people in California exactly what they said they would never do. By the way, I've met lots of similar people with similar attitudes over the years. Therefore, it makes Eagle a priceless resource for invaluable information.

He even tells you where to go to find the gold! Moreover, he invites people to go with him on his expeditions.

He's a great guy, with all kinds of wonderful advice, freely given, and he's a fantastic story teller to boot. He's the true "Lost Treasure of Mariposa, CA".

All the best,

Lanny
Lanny and Garret..........What can I say, but a resounding THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSTS!!!!

I have spent a lifetime on a path of service to others. So, what else is there to do with the knowledge I've garnered along the way? BUT, I do not GIVE IT AWAY! For, as you know Lanny, the rewards are truly enormous! what better balm for the Spirit than the reward of knowing that you have helped as many along your path as you possibly can?

I may not have enough money to repair my vehicle, but Spiritually, my coffers overflow.

Love and Respect,

Eagle

Last edited:
OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the congrats for my best showing yet. Lol. I have to say that it was a thrill I hope to have many times more. Which actually reminds me.
I took my uncle out to a new GPAA claim by me for a quick swing of detectors.
For those of you who have seen Monument Valley. This spot is around the Superstition Mountains and just really puts my heart to back when the early miners were scratching around out here, looking at these majestic mesas. Thinking of when Geronimo was around as well as some of the tribes that roamed these same hills. These rock formations have quite a bit of color to them.
Unfortunately, not the color I was looking for. The only thing I found was a couple 308 shells and a 22 shell. We only hunted for about an hour, but it was for me to just get a hard glimpse of the land and then come back to hit areas thoroughly.
Found some spots that I'd definitely try to hit some cracks. Lol. Just need to bring a vacuum that's battery operated.
The best part of the trip was that I got to spend time with an uncle, who I consider close to my father. Got to clear this head of mine, and see nature at it's Arizona best. Though it was 53 degrees. We got to relive running through the hills my uncle played in as a kid. What a blast.
You are Blessed My Brother! A day as you've described would be worth more to me, than any amount of gold found along the way!

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
the treasure on treasurenet isn't the gold, coins, rings or other things we all look for. it is the people that post their life experiences. I am thankfull I can read about what other people are looking for and what they are seeing. and old 80's song ,everybody looking for something,. your storys make life better. i thank all of you dave

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Halito,
I just recieved an email from a very dear friend. He had a White's dealership, but had to close due to slow sales. He has a couple of White's detectors left that he NEEDS to sell. Anyone interested in improving your chances of finding gold, coins and artifacts, here they are:

I have a New Whites DFX300 for $775.00 retails at $1199.95
and a New Whites Vx3 $800.00 retails at $1199.95

Man, what a great Christmas gift those would be. And, you can't beat the prices. Wish I had found them before I bought the Whites MXT. (lol) So, you can help him out in his time of need, while getting the best deal you'll ever find. Please don't ask me about the abilities of these detectors, as I've never had one and know nothing about how they operate.

Love and Respect,

Eagle
Incidentally, if anyone is interested in these metal detectors, just pm me and I can give you his phone number so that you can contact him personally. He also has a MineLab GPX 4500 with all the factory things it came with. $3100.00 obo.

I might add, he is severely disabled, and really could use the help.

Queeshtah.....Thank You!

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the treasure on treasurenet isn't the gold, coins, rings or other things we all look for. it is the people that post their life experiences. I am thankfull I can read about what other people are looking for and what they are seeing. and old 80's song ,everybody looking for something,. your storys make life better. i thank all of you dave
Halito Brother,
You can include readers, such as your self, who are kind enough to post their appreciation for the writers stories. That's also where the gold is. And, it gives us the push we need sometimes, to keep on writing.

Thank you for your post. It's good to hear from you again!!

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good article Eagle.
Your state this could be good. Mine not so. Got them. Just not near as active. Though hard for me to see, but did seem like coincidentally in gold areas. Hmmm. Well shifting plates normally has mountains, right? So makes sense that gold that formed into gas could change into small grains and bind to walls.
Since volcanoes form along the fault lines to. Then could it be, that in old cores and tubes, that the condensed/vaporized gold cold be there amongst the rock. I've been told that we don't have gold in that area. Could I be mislead?

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting article for sure Eagle. Now if I can just find a spot that percolated up around here, I'd get my happy dance in before me knees give out.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle

Vini forwared this to me last night and it looks to be very interesting..

The Call of Gold (1936) by Newell D. Chamberlain
I read three chapters in it and it is very interesting. Thanks for posting it Brother.

I should be back out 'in the field' next week. 'familyhunter' is coming tomorrow morning, to help replace my rear brakes. I've been without transportion for a week or so now. Can hardly wait!! I'm on the cusp of "Cabin Fever". (lol)

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to go familyhunter, help out our man Eagle. If I was out there I'd help ya brother, but I'm helping others out here for the moment. Plus gives me a chance to hunt in the greaterville area. My buddy's getting a shoulder replaced and he's building his own trommel. Aside from that, his brother got hit with throat cancer and he's having a hard recovery. So another TNet guy "justbent" offered a hopper he had sitting around. So I offered to deliver it.

Brother, I've got to show you a pic of what I've pulled out for my kids college fund. First pan was probably double of what I've pulled out of my hole I've been working. I'll show a pic later today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread