Anyone know of a town that WAS named Kenworthy? near Anza?

Vince in So.Cal

Mar 25, 2012
Torrance California
Detector(s) used
Older model Tesoro B2 UMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looked in to Kenworthy a couple of years ago. A friend of mine said he looked at the place where it used to be but found a ranger station on part of the old town site. The ranger on duty that day told him they don't allow people onto the site, and that it is also on private property. I let go of any thoughts of looking around the old site. Although I did find a book about the old town and saw the town layout and such. I never went to check it out myself. Yesterday I was reading an article in a book about early life in and around Kenworthy/Anza valley, and read of a potential gold strike that was lost. It was just a small paragraph next to a picture that tells of a man, at a certain location, found so much gold that he had to burry half of it with the plan of coming back soon to dig it up. But as what usually happens he returned around 10 or so years later and could not find the spot. I've read the paragraph and looked at the picture many times, but it never just became clear to me that this has the makings of a treasure hunt. I spent almost all day yesterday and last night researching the area with google earth. I've narrowed down the area, I think. Anyone have any old stories/legends from the old kenworthy site, or Garner Valley?

Thanks and HH
Vince.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread