Joaquin Murrietas Lost Loot in Livermore

watcher 2

Dec 13, 2010
Valley Springs, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites Gold Master, Whites TM 808, Garrett AT PRO, H3 Super Alien
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you refering to the Dr John Marsh treasure or a differant one.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Yale expositor. (Yale, St. Clair County, Mich.), 21 Aug. 1913.

1.jpg

The Yale expositor. (Yale, St. Clair County, Mich.) 1894-current, August 21, 1913, Image 6 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The trouble with the whole "Joaquin Murrieta treasure" stories, is that there is a Joaquin Murrieta treasure story in nearly EVERY SINGLE California county. They are a dime-a-dozen. I've heard of several just in Monterey county alone here.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trouble with the whole "Joaquin Murrieta treasure" stories, is that there is a Joaquin Murrieta treasure story in nearly EVERY SINGLE California county. They are a dime-a-dozen. I've heard of several just in Monterey county alone here.

As a young kid we lived near Alum Rock Park in San Jose. Always heard of a cave up in the park that he hid out in!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i was on face book i found so called relatives of him that say we all here have been lied to. The US government paid him to leave here and go to Mexico where he later died. :dontknow:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
As a young kid we lived near Alum Rock Park in San Jose. Always heard of a cave up in the park that he hid out in!

ha, yup, sounds like the ones I heard in this area growing up too. The two locations said to be his loot-hiding places here are:

1) North of the red-barn, in the Rocks Rd. area along Hwy. 101 (where all the eucalyptus tree groves and rock outcroppings lace the hillsides there). And

2) Somewhere in the caves of the Pinnacles park east of Soledad.

So there ya go Seabee! You have it on good authority from me. It's "in print now" (here on this post now that I just made). And if it's print, then you know it must be true. Start looking !

Rowdy Yates

Nov 15, 2006
Coulterville, California
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
In the 1850s, Joaquin Murrieta lived in what became the Rankin Adobe in Niles Canyon with his wife, Rosa. There are rumors that after the shootout with Love on Arroyo Cantua, he returned there after being shot, died there and was buried under the floor of the adobe. An amateur archaeological excavation at what was believed to be the floor of the adobe produced nothing.

Anyway, it is a fact that he and his wife lived in an adobe in Niles Canyon. I have checked the USGS Topo maps for the area, and there are a few natural springs located near the adobe site. If I were Joaquin, I would have stashed money and empty canteens at one or more of the springs, in order to make a quick "get-a-way" if needed. Food for thought. Just my $0.02.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the 1850s, Joaquin Murrieta lived in what became the Rankin Adobe in Niles Canyon with his wife, Rosa. There are rumors that after the shootout with Love on Arroyo Cantua, he returned there after being shot, died there and was buried under the floor of the adobe. An amateur archaeological excavation at what was believed to be the floor of the adobe produced nothing.

Anyway, it is a fact that he and his wife lived in an adobe in Niles Canyon. I have checked the USGS Topo maps for the area, and there are a few natural springs located near the adobe site. If I were Joaquin, I would have stashed money and empty canteens at one or more of the springs, in order to make a quick "get-a-way" if needed. Food for thought. Just my $0.02.
his story is not written in stone but there is an old member here on TNET that lives in Mexico that told me his idea of this.
Be nice if he responded to this thread. You know who he is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread